Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Were You A Fan of this Album?

Vodka

Featured Posts

I remember being obsessed with this album when I was a teen. I don't think I've seen anyone post about this POP masterpiece, ahead of its time just :saira:

Hilary_Duff_-_Dignity.png

"Dignity is the fourth studio album by American recording artist Hilary Duff. It was released on March 21, 2007, by Hollywood Records. After launching her third record Hilary Duff (2004), she experienced an eventful personal life, including a stalking incident, her parents' separation, and breaking up with her boyfriend. Consequently, Duff assumed an integral position in its production, co-writing almost every track with longtime collaborator Kara DioGuardi instead of her previously-limited involvement.

Duff was musically inspired by indie rock band The Faint and pop singers Beyoncé and Gwen Stefani. In contrast to the pop rock themes of her prior releases, Dignity takes on more of a dance sound, which she said was not her intention while writing the album. The lyrics reference the events Duff experienced in the years leading to the album's release, and the album's songs contain influences of rock and roll and hip hop music.

Critical response was mostly positive; the album was praised for its songwriting and her new musical direction. Upon release, Dignitydebuted at number three on the US Billboard 200, a lower peak than Duff's previous albums and with lower sales, which Billboardattributed to the loss of fans during her musical evolution. Despite this, it produced Duff's highest-peaking single on US Billboard Hot 100 to date, "With Love", which peaked at number twenty-four, and two number one club hits on US Hot Dance Club Play. The album has reached the top ten in several countries and was certified Gold in the United States by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dignity_(album)

Some videos from the album cycle:

Spoiler

Play With Fire

With Love

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

retroglamx

I WAS ALWAYS A FAN OF HILARY EVER SINCE CASPER MEETS WENDY

by the time Lizzie McGuire was airing, I adored this chick like you have no idea

then she grew up and came out with this album which was so different form her image, yet very subtle.

I loved the album and I still do. With Love is a certified BOP. Stranger and Outside of You are also some of my favs.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

9 minutes ago, retroglamx said:

I WAS ALWAYS A FAN OF HILARY EVER SINCE CASPER MEETS WENDY

by the time Lizzie McGuire was airing, I adored this chick like you have no idea

then she grew up and came out with this album which was so different form her image, yet very subtle.

I loved the album and I still do. With Love is a certified BOP. Stranger and Outside of You are also some of my favs.

I actually haven't watched a lot of Lizzie McGuire, but I loved her movie, that part where she saves her popstar self with, herself. Hannah Montana could never. I used to dance in elevators to With Love bc of her. Influential queen 

oprah-crying.gif

I still do sometimes 

https://media.giphy.com/gXJ7HZbCaiLfi/giphy.gif ***

Itku15.gif

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

aaron l
1 minute ago, Vodka said:

I actually haven't watched a lot of Lizzie McGuire, but I loved her movie, that part where she saves her popstar self with, herself. Hannah Montana could never. I used to dance in elevators to With Love bc of her. Influential queen 

oprah-crying.gif

I still do sometimes 

https://media.giphy.com/gXJ7HZbCaiLfi/giphy.gif

Literally too good I can't

1 minute ago, aaron l said:

Literally too good I can't

Sing it to me Paolo! :reductive::lolga:

Dignity is one of the best Pop Albums ever released. It's Blackouts little sister.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

6 hours ago, ThePerfectCure said:

When I was 4

Ur parents must've been proud :whitney:

Archived