Lady Gaga - The Fame
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
other

88 year old jailed for Holocaust denial

Featured Posts

Melech   Paws Up 6,325
Melech

"The 88-year-old Ursula Haverbeck, who has several previous convictions all related to Holocaust denial, was on Monday found guilty of once again denying the mass murder of millions of Jews during the Nazi era in Germany, this time at an event in Berlin on January 30, 2016.

Haverbeck will also stand trial in the western town of Detmold again on November 23. She had appealed two verdicts by a Detmold court, handed down for incitement to hatred after she sent a letter to Detmold's mayor and various media in which she refutes the genocide of Jews between 1941 and 1945.

She once said on television that the Holocaust was "the biggest and most sustainable lie in history." German media have dubbed her the "Nazi grandma." 

At the Detmold trial earlier this year, she defiantly handed out a pamphlet titled "Only the truth will set you free" to journalists as well as the judge and the prosecutor. In it, she again denies the Nazi atrocities. 

Haverbeck and her late husband Werner Georg Haverbeck, who was an active NSDAP member in the run-up to and during World War II, founded a right-wing education center called Collegium Humanum, which has been banned since 2008.

She has written for the right-wing magazine Stimme des Reiches (Voice of the Empire), in which she also denied the existence of the Holocaust.

She has also filed charges against Germany's Central Council of Jews for "prosecuting innocent people."

http://www.dw.com/en/holocaust-denier-ursula-haverbeck-88-given-six-month-jail-sentence/a-40966858

Swish swish bish another nazi in the basket :bon:

• Like 14
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 2

berlinforme   Paws Up 894
berlinforme

One could say it’s ridiculous, she’s too old... but I say well-deserved. :whitney:

• Like 23
  • YAAAS 4

benKo   Paws Up 1,681
benKo
3 minutes ago, Melech said:

The 88-year-old Ursula Haverbeck

• LMAO 10

Melech   Paws Up 6,325
Melech
1 minute ago, berlinforme said:

One could say it’s ridiculous, she’s too old... but I say well-deserved. :whitney:

Tea :gaycat: 

• Like 4

2007   Paws Up 5,234

But gagadaily told me there’s freedom of speech and expression in the West, never knew it was selective :oprah:

• Like 11
  • LMAO 1

Jake Deyton   Paws Up 269
Jake Deyton
2 minutes ago, 2007 said:

But gagadaily told me there’s freedom of speech and expression in the West, never knew it was selective :oprah:

Excuse me no

• Like 31
  • YAAAS 1

Unites   Paws Up 3,260
Unites
4 minutes ago, 2007 said:

Wow... Are you really this stupid?

• Like 26
  • LMAO 8

2007   Paws Up 5,234
1 minute ago, Unites said:

Wow... Are you really this stupid?

What’s stupid is jailing an 88 years old woman for her own belief

5kdLahG.jpg

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

Stefani Gaga   Paws Up 3,146
Stefani Gaga
2 minutes ago, 2007 said:

5kdLahG.jpg

Were you born in 2007? :poot:

Edited by Stefani Gaga
  • Like 22
  • LMAO 12
  • YAAAS 1
I’m A mEsS! sTaY aWaY fRoM mE, mY eIgHt PeTs AnD mY bLuE bIsCuItS, yOu FrEaK!

Unites   Paws Up 3,260
Unites
4 minutes ago, 2007 said:

5kdLahG.jpg

Oh wow... You must be a Nazi yourself, aren't you?

• Like 11

OliverViennese   Paws Up 889
OliverViennese

83630327.jpg

Edited by OliverViennese
  • Like 22
  • LMAO 1
https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

ZeldaJ   Paws Up 1,120
ZeldaJ

Why is a certain person in this thread defending a Nazi..?  :madge:

Edited by ZeldaJ
  • Like 14
  • LMAO 1

2007   Paws Up 5,234
1 minute ago, Unites said:

Oh wow... You must be a Nazi yourself, aren't you?

No, what happened to the Jews in ww2 was sad and tragic by all means, and I believe it happened. 

But I won’t sit here criticizing dictatorships countries law when this is basically the same mentality but different conversation.  

And if you believe jailing this old woman is right then that conflicts with “liberal” ideology and you’re a hypocrite. Period. 

9 minutes ago, Stefani Gaga said:

Were you born in 2007? :poot:

1996 actually.

• Like 10
  • LMAO 2

Melech   Paws Up 6,325
Melech
Just now, 2007 said:

No, what happened to the Jews in ww2 was sad and tragic by all means, and I believe it happened. 

But I won’t sit here criticizing dictatorships countries law when this is basically the same mentality but different conversation.  

And if you believe jailing this old woman is right then that conflicts with “liberal” ideology and you’re a hypocrite. Period. 

1996 actually.

Germany has a special relationship to it. It's illegal to deny the Holocaust because it happened. It teared down and eliminated a whole ethnic group in Europe. You can't compare that to law in Saudi Arabia for example. 

• Like 25

Satans Ex Wife   Paws Up 1,052
Satans Ex Wife

So when I first read this thread title, I thought "Oh, an old woman with dementia whose brain is declining now denies the holocaust and they put her in jail for it... that's kinda sad..." but then I read that she has been spreading her toxic beliefs around for years and actively trying to convince other people that the holocaust didn't happen... so ya that's clearly based in antisemitism and racism... i see why she is in jail, she could actually hurt people by spreading that sort of false slanderous message in a professional way as if it's truth. so unbelievable that people can convince each other that something with so much evidence didn't happen

• Like 21
lov it when u cal me leges in the morny by me egs