Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did PI grow on you?

CakeLikeLG

Featured Posts

InsideOutright

No. The opposite, actually. I fell in love with it the instant I first heard it and immediately bought it on iTunes. I must have played it about 50 times on the night of its premiere and it quickly became one of my top Gaga songs.

Then as the months went on, radio stopped playing it and I never watched the video more than two or three times because of all the flashing, and I grew kind of bored with it and now I usually skip it when it comes on shuffle. However, I do still enjoy the song and I like to play it on jukeboxes at bars.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CakeLikeLG
5 minutes ago, InsideOutright said:

No. The opposite, actually. I fell in love with it the instant I first heard it and immediately bought it on iTunes. I must have played it about 50 times on the night of its premiere and it quickly became one of my top Gaga songs.

Then as the months went on, radio stopped playing it and I never watched the video more than two or three times because of all the flashing, and I grew kind of bored with it and now I usually skip it when it comes on shuffle. However, I do still enjoy the song and I like to play it on jukeboxes at bars.

well the video is messy so I get you sis. No wonder it struggled to hit 100M 

The song is gold tho, a dark disco-rock classic

hkiOJel.gif

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

InsideOutright
Just now, CakeLikeLG said:

well the video is messy so I get you sis. No wonder it struggled to hit 100M 

The song is gold tho, a dark disco-rock classic.

It was definitely something different at the time, which was nice. Good to hear some rock vibes among all the xylophone/marimba and EDM on the radio.

"Struggled to hit 100M"... At least it didn't struggle as much as Million Reasons. :poot:

CakeLikeLG
Just now, InsideOutright said:

It was definitely something different at the time, which was nice. Good to hear some rock vibes among all the xylophone/marimba and EDM on the radio.

"Struggled to hit 100M"... At least it didn't struggle as much as Million Reasons. :poot:

MR is at +200M views if you combine every live performance + audio :chica:

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

Deepbreath

Ashamed to say it but I just don’t listen to Joanne at all anymore. So no, PI hasn’t grown on me. :chica:

Glamourpuss

I listened to it played for the first time on the radio with the interview she did that day. I thought it was too screechy at first and not mixed well. I honestly got the vibe that Nick Grimshaw didn't like it and could tell Radio one weren't going to keep it high on the playlist.

It grew on me after about 5 or 6 listens and now I play it all the time never getting bored. I seem to love it more on each listen. There always seems to be something new to love about it. It's an underrated masterpiece. I love the fact she worked with the guy from Tame Impala on it because you can tell it's got his stamp unlike DIC which has no hints of Beck whatsoever. 

Grigio Guy

On 10/17/2017 at 9:34 AM, Alexander Levi said:

I didn't get it upon first listen but the next couple of listens I found the magic in it. I won't listen to it for a couple days and when the intro comes on - I am SSHHOOKKT

This my reaction to Applause.

Religion is a product to sell.

Archived