Grammy Submissions 2018 - ALL CATEGORIES

monsterdino

Featured Posts

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen
7 minutes ago, tthen said:

Grammys state that "For a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, the first recording which establishes the public identity of that artist." That means you could release 5 albums that aren't really relevant but your 6th one is a hit then you're eligible for the cycle that the 6th one was released in.

I see... it's kinda weird because I don't think Logic was unknown before this year? He just wasn't as big/ mainstream. His debut in 2014 was critically praised and debuted at #4 on BB. It was on a few year-end lists and "best of the year" collections on iTunes. Just because he has a big hit this year, that invalidates his past achievements? I understand the rule as stated but I don't think Logic should qualify. :madge:

Duella Dvil
1 hour ago, Steve Nasty said:

I see... it's kinda weird because I don't think Logic was unknown before this year? He just wasn't as big/ mainstream. His debut in 2014 was critically praised and debuted at #4 on BB. It was on a few year-end lists and "best of the year" collections on iTunes. Just because he has a big hit this year, that invalidates his past achievements? I understand the rule as stated but I don't think Logic should qualify. :madge:

It's just not Logical :derpga:

www.instagram.com/theduella666

BEST NEW ARTIST

Entered for Best New Artist:
Aminé
James Arthur
Kane Brown
Alessia Cara
Cardi B

Cashmere Cati
Luke Combs
Noah Cyrus
Lindsay Ell
Chris Janson
Khalid
LANY
Zara Larsson
Lil Uzi Vert
Dua Lipa
Logic
Post Malone
Vic Mensa
Julia Michaels
Midland
Mura Masa
Old Dominion
Jon Pardi
Sampha
SZA
Brett Young
(and a bunch of others)

I think the bolded ones are most likely to be nominated

1 hour ago, Danny Milk said:

Inb4 gaga isn't nominated to be honest

pretty sure Gaga cant be nominated for Best New Artist :giggle:

Adampervez
2 hours ago, Ken Zahn said:

Cardi b should snatch that award :hor:

I love cardi B but bodak yellow is not that good. The flow is completely based on (trash) Kodak black and the bars arent even that good

KingRedd

I hope SZA gets nominated. She is bring attention back to the R&B sound that I used to always hear back in the day. I hear Dua on the radio all the time too and her songs are catchy. Those two in my opinion should at least get nominated. 

May I Read You? 😎

monsterdino
2 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

I hope SZA gets nominated. She is bring attention back to the R&B sound that I used to always hear back in the day. I hear Dua on the radio all the time too and her songs are catchy. Those two in my opinion should at least get nominated. 

She most definitely will be nominated and most likely win...I can see her winning the RnB categories too

Danny Milk
46 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

pretty sure Gaga cant be nominated for Best New Artist :giggle:

She won't be nominated at all if she is she won't win

Lets be real for a moment

I guess it doesn't really matter

boyerased

I remember them changing the rules for BNA a year after Gaga wasn't nominated due to the previous rules.

ArtGagaPop
30 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

She won't be nominated at all if she is she won't win

Lets be real for a moment

Pop noms and song of the year nom are pretty much a lock for gaga right now. You are the one being delulu :nails:

Win maybe not but i think she will go home with atleast 1 grammy this year.

Archived