💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Grammy Submissions 2018 - ALL CATEGORIES

monsterdino

Featured Posts

monsterdino
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Are Pop Vocal Album/Performance submissions announced?

mUoZvQk.gif

Not yet...I'm prechedt for MR being on that list

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
2 minutes ago, tthen said:

As long as you don't have over 3 albums you could be nominated. If Adele wasn't nominated in 2009 and if she didn't get a nom in 2011 in this case, she still would've been eligible this time around since 25 is her 3rd album. Theoretically Lauryn Hill would be eligible if she didn't win in 99. 

She wouldnt be eligible bc she was in a group thats why Harry, Zayn etc wont be nominated (they had changed the rules since 1999)

Just now, monsterdino said:

She wouldnt be eligible bc she was in a group thats why Harry, Zayn etc wont be nominated (they had changed the rules since 1999)

Being in a group doesn't matter. Lauryn would've not been eligible since the Fugees already had 2 albums and the 3 album rule didn't apply until a few years ago. If you were already in a project that was eligible in a previous Grammys cycle then you're out. That's why Whitney wasn't eligible in 86. She had released previous collabs with Jermaine Jackson and Teddy Pendergrass (both ended up on Whitney Houston but were previously released in 84 aka she was eligible for a previous cycle). Sex Pistols would probably be eligible afaik since they only ever had 1 album.

monsterdino
Just now, tthen said:

Being in a group doesn't matter. Lauryn would've not been eligible since the Fugees already had 2 albums and the 3 album rule didn't apply until a few years ago. If you were already in a project that was eligible in a previous Grammys cycle then you're out. That's why Whitney wasn't eligible in 86. She had released previous collabs with Jermaine Jackson and Teddy Pendergrass (both ended up on Whitney Houston but were previously released in 84 aka she was eligible for a previous cycle). Sex Pistols would probably be eligible afaik since they only ever had 1 album.

Exactly what I meant

Stephen

How can Logic be nominated when he already has 3 studio albums out? His first one was released in 2014. How is that fair? :huh:

5 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Exactly what I meant

Ok I reread the rules and apparently new artist can be given to anyone who established their artistry and were popular in that cycle. 

fabuIesque
1 minute ago, Steve Nasty said:

How can Logic be nominated when he already has 3 studio albums out? His first one was released in 2014. How is that fair? :huh:

he's in consideration because he just bursted onto the popular scene, thus making him new to the eyes of the general public. same thing with other nominees in consideration with an album before 2016/2017

3 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

Grammys state that "For a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, the first recording which establishes the public identity of that artist." That means you could release 5 albums that aren't really relevant but your 6th one is a hit then you're eligible for the cycle that the 6th one was released in.

IllusionLover
52 minutes ago, River said:

Zara Larsson?

She's not new.. I didn't like her for more than a year, I'm pretty sure about it..

I listen to Zara Larsson since 2015, she isn't new

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

monsterdino
5 minutes ago, Kefir said:

Will we get more today?

We don't know (these informations basically leak from the members of the academy)

Red Velvet
29 minutes ago, tthen said:

SZA :diane: Sampha :diane: Alessia :diane: Oh the talent here 

Alessia was a favorite last year but ultimately didn't get a nom. She has a larger voice with that Logic song so she could be included. SZA is a lock she's the new thing. Khalid seems very likely too yea. Sampha has a tiny chance but oh well...wishful thinking. Tbh Dua has a larger chance of getting a nom than Logic. I don't like them both but Dua seems to be more popular.

Don't forget Julia, sis. She dominated somewhat a little portion of 2017.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Archived