💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga’s most forgotten big hit

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

I don’t know a person who doesn’t know this song, but every time I’ve played it for someone else they’re like “Oh my god I literally forgot this song was a thing”. It’s the only one of her top 10s (other than Dope :selena:) that I don’t still hear on the radio all the time.

It’s like it was this MASSIVE song when it was released, and helped get Gaga where she is, but then it fell off the face of the earth. Not only for the GP but IMO for this fan base (and yes myself included). It’s funny cause it’s actually a pretty great song and one of the best off of The Fame, but I think that songs like Paparazzi, BR, PF, JD, etc are all much better and then they were what everyone ended up remembering. 

The only reason I made this thread was because I was watching gaga videos and then Lovegame came on, and I was like “Oh ya. I forgot about this”

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

i remember when everyone would say "i wanna take a ride on your disco stick! :tony:"

i feel like that line lives on but this song does not

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

The Child

I love LoveGame and I'm so mad that it's not as remembered as the others. 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

SCHEISSEMONTRE

Maybe it’s forgotten because Gaga rarely performs it live that often.

Ever since the BTWB ended, LoveGame hasn’t been played or heard of since the BTW era, plus she never even performed it at The ArtRAVE back in the ARTPOP era. 

Now in 2017, everyone remembers the song.

• Coachella 

• Super Bowl 

• And The JWT 

it’s so strange that nobody remembers this bop

Mychal

JazzGa

This hilarious, amazing song is what made me a fan tbh. I thought she seemed like a typical boring popstar based on her Just Dance and Pokerface videos but this song's tongue-in-cheek,  sexual lyrics, those crotch grabbin' subway dance moves, and the iqoniq scene with her nude crystal look and 2 studs with the words "love" and "fame" shaved into their heads really got my attention.  And when I read the thread title it's the first song that popped into my head :)

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

holy scheisse

The good sis unfortunately is the weakest of the fames singles and lives in the shadow of Just Dance Poker Face and Paparazzi. 

Pretty incredible when your debut album has 4 massive singles and 3 are so iconic that they make another forgettable in comparison :gaysia:

WildAmerican

It's definitely overshadowed. That being said it still GOES AWF holy **** It's one of her best bangers.

RodeckDanny

When I read the title I instantly thought of Lovegame

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Definitely overshadowed by the other 3. 

With any artist who has a big catalog, there are only 1-3 hits from each era that end up living on.

buttsicle
2 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Definitely overshadowed by the other 3. 

With any artist who has a big catalog, there are only 1-3 hits from each era that end up living on.

ARTPOP era is quaking :chica:

WOOHOO YAHAA

Lady1Gaga2

The Edge of Glory is forgotten about a lot, and a lot of people forget that Gaga sings it. LoveGame is iconic, albeit overshadowed. Say disco stick and anyone will know what you're talking about. 

LoveGame definitely :(  certainly of the smashes at least. I can't have heard Applause on the radio for years either... (at least here in the UK), and I've heard Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandero, Born This Way, The Edge Of Glory and You and I all at least once in the last year.

Applause being forgotten I can live with, but LoveGame...

tumblr_inline_mtppttr1u51sny9qq.gif

Archived