Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Big article about Gaga on Israeli newspaper (translated)

Naor Daniel

Featured Posts

Naor Daniel

hey guys!

Once again I'd like to share more of Gaga's HUGE achievement in raising awareness to fibro, mental health and being kind.

I didn't know what fibro was before Gaga talked about it but I'm just a fan, now it's all over the news, weeks after Five Foot Two premiered.

So I already shared a 10 minutes report on her on prime time TV in the most popular channel in the country (here). 

I know some of you don't like Israel but please focus on Gaga and her great contribution to people around the world.

This is what the article looks like - beautiful!

and the translation which took me at least half an hour to finish:

Spoiler

THE LADY SINGS BLUES

Behind the provocative costumes and the glamorous hairstyles that made every show of Lady Gaga a media event, hides, apparently, an insecure woman and mainly tormented. Physically, due to the incurable fibro illness she suffers from. Mentally, due to a heartbreak after parting from her fiance. Millions of suffering people around the world can now relate to someone.

----------

In one of the more entertaining moments in the new movie that Lady Gaga produced of herself, the doctor is asking her to list the medications and pills she takes every day. The amount of time it takes the Lady to list them resembles a Spielberg movie. 
Gaga takes pills for every need: to calm down, to sleep, to relief pain, and an injection in the ass before every show. She does that without hesitating at all.

No doctor tells her no, and no one in her close cycle tells her either. The line between close friends to people Gaga hires is unclear to nonexistent.

When someone in the living room brings her a cup of water with a pill, Gaga doesn't even wait half a second to check what she is taking.

At the age of 31, when she is worth 275M$ and her iconic place in pop history is promised, her new movie seems like half a call for help.

The days when pop stars could just release an album every few years, promote it with two cover interviews and a few visits at David Letterman on the way to a world tour, are gone and are probably not coming back. Now they are required to re-invent them selves, to give the public another piece of intestine, no matter how big they are.

Katy Perry for example, became very political near the release of her new album, and Taylor Swift fought sexual harassments a moment before releasing her new album.

Sometimes it feels cynical and for a reason, but sometimes it's just the truth that must be exposed.

Thus, the new movie of Lady Gaga: "Gaga: Five Foot Two", her compact height, was produced along the work of "Joanne", her new, very personal album.

Joanne is one of her middle names that commemorates her father's sister, who died at the age of 19 from lupus.

Another thing that happened to Gaga during the filming is the end of the relationship with Taylor Kinney, whom she was engaged with.

The drama doesn't stay only in the movie. It reached Netflix right when Gaga announced that she is cancelling her tour to take care of her fibro that torments her in the last three years. 

Gaga was hospitalized last month and had to cancel all of the 18 shows in Europe. The American leg, that was supposed to begin on 5th of November is still due to happen.

Four years ago Gaga already cancelled a tour due to pain. It began with what seemed to be a small injury and ended in a hip surgery. "it wasn't just a small tear", she told back then to the fashion magazine "WWD", "when we got the MRI before the surgery, we saw huge craters in the muscle, tears, and the cartilage was just hanging there" she explained graphically. "the surgeron told me that if I did one more show, I would need to switch a joint. It would stop me from working a year at least". She recovered, performed, released a new album and now she's unable to work again. 

But the suffering saga does not end here. In 2014, during an interview with Harward Stein, she revealed she was raped at the age of 19, and last December she revealed she is suffering from PTSD. For someone who doesn't know what it's like to not be in the highlight, she doesn't have a problem with revealing her difficulties. 

"I was always honest about my physical and mental struggles", wrote Gaga on Instagram to her 25.8 million followers, on the day she cancelled her current tour, adding a photograph of an injection in her arm at the hospital. "I'm trying for years to understand why this is happening. When I get stronger and ready, I will tell my story. I'm going to deal with it with all of my power and not just to make myself feel better, but to increase research for others who are suffering from this problem. I use the word 'suffer' not for mercy or attention. I was disappointed to see people saying I'm doing this to cancel the tour. Anyone who knows me, knows nothing is further than the truth. I use the word 'suffer' because the trauma and my chronic pain stops me from doing what I love the most: performing to my fans. Now I need to be with the doctors so I can keep singing for you 60 years or more".

About five million Americans are suffering from fibro - mostly women. Since fibro is a chronic disease, it's hard to be diagnosed and to be explained, and there's no way of knowing when Gaga will be fit to perform again.

For her dozens of millions of fans, Lady Gaga is Lady Jesus. She suffers for us. She reveals her past sexual abuse to raise awareness, she takes the homosexual community on her back in her fight for equality, and now she raises an illness that is treated with doubt. The day she announced she stops performing to take care of herself.

Big part of the comments were: "fibro is not really a disease". If a star so big can cause such reaction, we can understand the claims of American women who suffer from fibro and find them selves struggling with doctors to take them seriously and not blame them for over dramatization. 

In one of the strongest moments, not only Gaga was lying on the sofa crying from pain, she was mostly worried about how she looked to people around her. "do I look pathetic?" she asks with a broken voice. It's not easy to watch, but exactly because of that, it's important.

The problem with big stars who produce movies about them selves is that on the one hand they allow them selves to be revealed much more to another camera, but on the other hand they decide the final cut, that's what makes the docu a docu with an asterisk. 

Despite that, "Gaga: Five Foot Two" reveals enough un-sterile moments that pain a picture of a rich star, loved, ambitious, intelligent, and a very sad woman.

She has a castle in Malibu, California and an apartment that looks over the central park in New York. She flies with private planes with a comfy bed and dogs who cuddle with her. She is surrounded with people all the time, and still looks and sounds lonely, hugs and is hugged, and cries a lot.

Five people prepare Lady Gaga, that her stage name is taken from the hit "Radio GaGa" of Queen, before every time she leaves her house.

The legend says she never leaves her room without makeup, but for the movie she made a courageous move and went out with jeans and clean face, just to find out that:

1. her fans love her either way

2. some Americans won't recognize her even if she stands 20cm from her.

The gap between the short woman in jeans and makeup free face, to the one who arrived to the VMAs in 2010 with a meat dress, is almost heart-rending. "my love life simply exploded", she said. "when I sold 30 million records, I lost Luke (Carl, her six years boyfriend); when I made a movie I lost Taylor (Kinney). Everyone is touching me all day and then they're gone and I stay alone every night".

On the album "Joanne" Gaga worked with the super producer Mark Ronson. "for years (producers) gave me a feeling I wasn't good enough. Mark is the first who doesn't make me feel this way". Ronson worked for years with Amy Winehouse, the singer that one journalist once said resembles her (Gaga), and in response Gaga decided to dye her hair blonde. Now, when Gaga cries in almost every conversation with Ronson, you can't ignore the presence of Amy Winehouse in the air. No one will say it loudly that he is afraid that the end, God forbid, will be similar, but it's hard to let go of this thought.

Maybe because of this Gaga needs her fans as much as they need her. She manages a symbiotic relationship with her fans. She once sent pizzas worth a thousand dollars to fans waiting outside a book store just to see her. One of the fans, who receives a surprising meeting with her, bursts out crying and says, "I just want to tell her how many times she saved me". When you see this you can start understanding the size of the pressure Gaga is dealing with since age 22. No one is supposed to be responsible for the lives of teenagers this age, not a singer. Not surprisingly she bursts out again when she posts something on Instagram and someone reminds her millions of people are going to see that. Most humans aren't built to stand with such pressure.

But Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, born in Manhattan to an immigrant Italian family, was always destined for this place.

When she was four, she learned to play the piano just by hearing. Aged 13, she started writing songs. At school kids bullied her, and her first revenge happened when she rocked the cover of "Vogue". "they called me "bunny teeth", now I'm a beauty queen on the cover of "Vogue"", she tweeted.

Gaga lost her virginity at the age of 17 and years later she said: "I wasn't ready then and it was a horrible experience". One year in university was enough for her, and she dropped to focus on music.

On her 20th birthday, she signed a record deal, and two years later, in April 2008, she released "Just Dance" to the radio and later her debut album "The Fame". Next is history and mainly hysterical. 

A few years ago Lady Gaga revealed to "Rolling Stone": "when I wake up in the morning, I feel insecure like every young woman my age, and then I tell myself "b!tch"!, you're Lady Gaga, get up and do your thing".

What changed since then is only her age: "now I'm a suffering woman instead of a suffering girl". During one of her strong pain attacks she said, "I want children, but I don't know if I can deal the pain of birth".

Eventually there's only one place Lady Germanotta is happy at. The stage. Thus there is one pleasant moment in the movie, and that is the preparation for the halftime show at the Superbowl early this year.

Last year she played the national anthem, and this year they gave her the main stage. Her response when she is told she received the desired job is a pure bliss and probably the only good tears she drops in the movie.

"it's like a lifetime achievement", says Gaga with a sharp American insight. "it's almost sad, because it's the biggest of all of them, what can you achieve after this?"

Gaga, who wanted to amaze the world by doing the complete opposite of what is expected from her, went down to the stage wired and gave one of most grandiose shows in the history of the Superbowl. To the dressing room she returned shaking from adrenaline and happiness. For a few minutes everything seemed the way it's supposed to be, but Lady Gaga knows she will wake up tomorrow morning again with doubts, thoughts and pain, physical or mental. Or both.

Then there is a box that explains what fibro is.

In my opinion the article was amazingly written and I'm really happy to share it with you guys. Hope you enjoyed. 

Frivolero

My mum also read an article about her, from our Singapore Local newspapers about her fibromyalgia, and she was deeply concerned-  and no, she still won't let me go for her tour if she were to ever come here:toofunny:

Spoiler

:madge:

Trepadation
27 minutes ago, Naor Daniel said:

For her dozens of millions of fans, Lady Gaga is Lady Jesus. She suffers for us.

:pray: no lies were told and madonna is her judas

Naor Daniel
Just now, Trepadation said:

:pray: no lies were told and madonna is her judas

this is probably my favorite part of the article

23 hours ago, Naor Daniel said:

hey guys!

Once again I'd like to share more of Gaga's HUGE achievement in raising awareness to fibro, mental health and being kind.

I didn't know what fibro was before Gaga talked about it but I'm just a fan, now it's all over the news, weeks after Five Foot Two premiered.

So I already shared a 10 minutes report on her on prime time TV in the most popular channel in the country (here). 

I know some of you don't like Israel but please focus on Gaga and her great contribution to people around the world.

This is what the article looks like - beautiful!

and the translation which took me at least half an hour to finish:

Reveal hidden contents

THE LADY SINGS BLUES

Behind the provocative costumes and the glamorous hairstyles that made every show of Lady Gaga a media event, hides, apparently, an insecure woman and mainly tormented. Physically, due to the incurable fibro illness she suffers from. Mentally, due to a heartbreak after parting from her fiance. Millions of suffering people around the world can now relate to someone.

----------

In one of the more entertaining moments in the new movie that Lady Gaga produced of herself, the doctor is asking her to list the medications and pills she takes every day. The amount of time it takes the Lady to list them resembles a Spielberg movie. 
Gaga takes pills for every need: to calm down, to sleep, to relief pain, and an injection in the ass before every show. She does that without hesitating at all.

No doctor tells her no, and no one in her close cycle tells her either. The line between close friends to people Gaga hires is unclear to nonexistent.

When someone in the living room brings her a cup of water with a pill, Gaga doesn't even wait half a second to check what she is taking.

At the age of 31, when she is worth 275M$ and her iconic place in pop history is promised, her new movie seems like half a call for help.

The days when pop stars could just release an album every few years, promote it with two cover interviews and a few visits at David Letterman on the way to a world tour, are gone and are probably not coming back. Now they are required to re-invent them selves, to give the public another piece of intestine, no matter how big they are.

Katy Perry for example, became very political near the release of her new album, and Taylor Swift fought sexual harassments a moment before releasing her new album.

Sometimes it feels cynical and for a reason, but sometimes it's just the truth that must be exposed.

Thus, the new movie of Lady Gaga: "Gaga: Five Foot Two", her compact height, was produced along the work of "Joanne", her new, very personal album.

Joanne is one of her middle names that commemorates her father's sister, who died at the age of 19 from lupus.

Another thing that happened to Gaga during the filming is the end of the relationship with Taylor Kinney, whom she was engaged with.

The drama doesn't stay only in the movie. It reached Netflix right when Gaga announced that she is cancelling her tour to take care of her fibro that torments her in the last three years. 

Gaga was hospitalized last month and had to cancel all of the 18 shows in Europe. The American leg, that was supposed to begin on 5th of November is still due to happen.

Four years ago Gaga already cancelled a tour due to pain. It began with what seemed to be a small injury and ended in a hip surgery. "it wasn't just a small tear", she told back then to the fashion magazine "WWD", "when we got the MRI before the surgery, we saw huge craters in the muscle, tears, and the cartilage was just hanging there" she explained graphically. "the surgeron told me that if I did one more show, I would need to switch a joint. It would stop me from working a year at least". She recovered, performed, released a new album and now she's unable to work again. 

But the suffering saga does not end here. In 2014, during an interview with Harward Stein, she revealed she was raped at the age of 19, and last December she revealed she is suffering from PTSD. For someone who doesn't know what it's like to not be in the highlight, she doesn't have a problem with revealing her difficulties. 

"I was always honest about my physical and mental struggles", wrote Gaga on Instagram to her 25.8 million followers, on the day she cancelled her current tour, adding a photograph of an injection in her arm at the hospital. "I'm trying for years to understand why this is happening. When I get stronger and ready, I will tell my story. I'm going to deal with it with all of my power and not just to make myself feel better, but to increase research for others who are suffering from this problem. I use the word 'suffer' not for mercy or attention. I was disappointed to see people saying I'm doing this to cancel the tour. Anyone who knows me, knows nothing is further than the truth. I use the word 'suffer' because the trauma and my chronic pain stops me from doing what I love the most: performing to my fans. Now I need to be with the doctors so I can keep singing for you 60 years or more".

About five million Americans are suffering from fibro - mostly women. Since fibro is a chronic disease, it's hard to be diagnosed and to be explained, and there's no way of knowing when Gaga will be fit to perform again.

For her dozens of millions of fans, Lady Gaga is Lady Jesus. She suffers for us. She reveals her past sexual abuse to raise awareness, she takes the homosexual community on her back in her fight for equality, and now she raises an illness that is treated with doubt. The day she announced she stops performing to take care of herself.

Big part of the comments were: "fibro is not really a disease". If a star so big can cause such reaction, we can understand the claims of American women who suffer from fibro and find them selves struggling with doctors to take them seriously and not blame them for over dramatization. 

In one of the strongest moments, not only Gaga was lying on the sofa crying from pain, she was mostly worried about how she looked to people around her. "do I look pathetic?" she asks with a broken voice. It's not easy to watch, but exactly because of that, it's important.

The problem with big stars who produce movies about them selves is that on the one hand they allow them selves to be revealed much more to another camera, but on the other hand they decide the final cut, that's what makes the docu a docu with an asterisk. 

Despite that, "Gaga: Five Foot Two" reveals enough un-sterile moments that pain a picture of a rich star, loved, ambitious, intelligent, and a very sad woman.

She has a castle in Malibu, California and an apartment that looks over the central park in New York. She flies with private planes with a comfy bed and dogs who cuddle with her. She is surrounded with people all the time, and still looks and sounds lonely, hugs and is hugged, and cries a lot.

Five people prepare Lady Gaga, that her stage name is taken from the hit "Radio GaGa" of Queen, before every time she leaves her house.

The legend says she never leaves her room without makeup, but for the movie she made a courageous move and went out with jeans and clean face, just to find out that:

1. her fans love her either way

2. some Americans won't recognize her even if she stands 20cm from her.

The gap between the short woman in jeans and makeup free face, to the one who arrived to the VMAs in 2010 with a meat dress, is almost heart-rending. "my love life simply exploded", she said. "when I sold 30 million records, I lost Luke (Carl, her six years boyfriend); when I made a movie I lost Taylor (Kinney). Everyone is touching me all day and then they're gone and I stay alone every night".

On the album "Joanne" Gaga worked with the super producer Mark Ronson. "for years (producers) gave me a feeling I wasn't good enough. Mark is the first who doesn't make me feel this way". Ronson worked for years with Amy Winehouse, the singer that one journalist once said resembles her (Gaga), and in response Gaga decided to dye her hair blonde. Now, when Gaga cries in almost every conversation with Ronson, you can't ignore the presence of Amy Winehouse in the air. No one will say it loudly that he is afraid that the end, God forbid, will be similar, but it's hard to let go of this thought.

Maybe because of this Gaga needs her fans as much as they need her. She manages a symbiotic relationship with her fans. She once sent pizzas worth a thousand dollars to fans waiting outside a book store just to see her. One of the fans, who receives a surprising meeting with her, bursts out crying and says, "I just want to tell her how many times she saved me". When you see this you can start understanding the size of the pressure Gaga is dealing with since age 22. No one is supposed to be responsible for the lives of teenagers this age, not a singer. Not surprisingly she bursts out again when she posts something on Instagram and someone reminds her millions of people are going to see that. Most humans aren't built to stand with such pressure.

But Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, born in Manhattan to an immigrant Italian family, was always destined for this place.

When she was four, she learned to play the piano just by hearing. Aged 13, she started writing songs. At school kids bullied her, and her first revenge happened when she rocked the cover of "Vogue". "they called me "bunny teeth", now I'm a beauty queen on the cover of "Vogue"", she tweeted.

Gaga lost her virginity at the age of 17 and years later she said: "I wasn't ready then and it was a horrible experience". One year in university was enough for her, and she dropped to focus on music.

On her 20th birthday, she signed a record deal, and two years later, in April 2008, she released "Just Dance" to the radio and later her debut album "The Fame". Next is history and mainly hysterical. 

A few years ago Lady Gaga revealed to "Rolling Stone": "when I wake up in the morning, I feel insecure like every young woman my age, and then I tell myself "b!tch"!, you're Lady Gaga, get up and do your thing".

What changed since then is only her age: "now I'm a suffering woman instead of a suffering girl". During one of her strong pain attacks she said, "I want children, but I don't know if I can deal the pain of birth".

Eventually there's only one place Lady Germanotta is happy at. The stage. Thus there is one pleasant moment in the movie, and that is the preparation for the halftime show at the Superbowl early this year.

Last year she played the national anthem, and this year they gave her the main stage. Her response when she is told she received the desired job is a pure bliss and probably the only good tears she drops in the movie.

"it's like a lifetime achievement", says Gaga with a sharp American insight. "it's almost sad, because it's the biggest of all of them, what can you achieve after this?"

Gaga, who wanted to amaze the world by doing the complete opposite of what is expected from her, went down to the stage wired and gave one of most grandiose shows in the history of the Superbowl. To the dressing room she returned shaking from adrenaline and happiness. For a few minutes everything seemed the way it's supposed to be, but Lady Gaga knows she will wake up tomorrow morning again with doubts, thoughts and pain, physical or mental. Or both.

Then there is a box that explains what fibro is.

For people who dislike Israel, I dedicate this song for you.

Archived