Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Musical experts talk about Joanne's chances at the Grammys

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

What's with the Bruno craze tho? The album sucks ass :saladga:

Yeah the lyrics on that album are very ahem such as "f*cking b*tches and etc."  :awkney: 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, misunderstood said:

You thinking Shape of You is a crappy song is an opinion, not a fact. :awkney:

I didn't say it was a fact. :selena:  You misunderstood me. I'm saying it's an opinion shared by many.:gaysia:

Lady1Gaga2

I'm not even excited for the Grammys anymore. 25 winning AOTY was the last straw for me as a longtime, dedicated viewer. 

Thomas P
1 minute ago, Lady1Gaga2 said:

I'm not even excited for the Grammys anymore. 25 winning AOTY was the last straw for me as a longtime, dedicated viewer. 

I had successfully wiped that from my memory but  you have reminded me. I’m gonna go cry now cause if gaga gets the same treatment this year I’m out for a long time.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Lady1Gaga2
1 minute ago, Thomas P said:

I had successfully wiped that from my memory but  you have reminded me. I’m gonna go cry now cause if gaga gets the same treatment this year I’m out for a long time.

If Gaga doesn't get nominated I won't be watching. Joanne is certifiably platinum and one of the most successful female albums released during the eligibility. If they snub her for newer acts I'll be furious. 

Blahwhatever22

I still don't get why Joanne is so underappreciated, At least they see Million Grammys as A front runner

tumblr_m48nomUYyn1qa4wtvo1_500.gif

zakariah

Honestly, Joanne is kind of a Grammy-bait album, plus she’s a Grammy favourite after C2C. So I wouldn’t really worry that much about the Pop Categories. :classy:

9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

At this point Million Reasons might even win a Grammy, not just getting nominated.

Agree :classy:

GagaMyBlood95

Yeah,I don't have any expectations when it comes to the album BUT I do believe Million Reasons should take one Grammy!

GagaMyBlood95
4 hours ago, Lady1Gaga2 said:

That was a given, why was that a surprise for you? :laughga: 

blackpink

I don't understand the concept of being an "expert" in music. Music is so diverse and full of culture, and these "experts" do not possess such qualities. They sound more like bitchy ATRL stans. I would take anything they say with a teaspoon of salt. 

The truth is that Gaga's best shot at nomination is Song of the Year (MR). She even has a slight chance to win it imo. As for the album nominations, I would not be expecting a nod. 

StrawberryBlond

Gaga's actually at quite a good advantage this year because there haven't been a lot of huge albums in this elgiability period. She genuinely has a chance in AOTY, SOTY, ROTY and Best Pop Vocal. She's highly unlikely to get nominations is all those categories, of course, but she stands a big chance of getting 2-3 anyway. But winning is the clinch. No way will she win AOTY, it's still not her time. But in the other categories, MR stands the biggest chance. Pop's a dying art right now. There really weren't many big pop songs this year. The fact she played the SB is her biggest weapon. Everyone who played at the SB since Beyonce in 2013 have gone on to be nominated for/win Grammys the following year (apart from Katy, but it's probably because her show wasn't overly well received and had already had all her biggest hits from Prism nominated beforehand by that point). Gaga's performance was well received, was another huge ratings draw and had the USP of being the first ever female artist to headline a set completely solo. That's screaming out for Grammys right there. Oh, yeah, and she's done the Oscars again in that time frame. She's been one of the most prominent females of the last year. She has to get something out of this.

On 10/13/2017 at 6:36 PM, F AM E said:

When they talked about SOTY/ROTY noms, LWYMMD was brought up and the girl from Vibe scoffed and the rest laughed. And then they talked about how every year she releases the lead single before the grammy cut off so that she could be nominated 2 years in a row and John Norris said "it almost seems calculated" :reductive:

Also just watched the Pop Album video and John brought up Witness. And he girl from vibe said "you don't think about that dumbass vma performance when you think about katy perry" :sharon: and john was trying to be nice and said "i get that some people thought that it was a train wreck but some people thought it was cool and different" and she responded "no it was not" lmfaooooo vibe girl brought the tea

I've noticed that with Taylor too. It's so transparent how she does it. It means she's always a permanent fixture in the Grammys, even if she doesn't win. She's taking risks for the first time in her career right now but her lead single and album release date is 2 non-negotiables that she simply won't budge from.

And yeah, if Katy gets any nominations for Witness, I'm going to go nuts. In some ways, it did the same as AP (lead single's US peak, overall critical reception of the album) and in other ways, it did worse than AP (no follow-up singles hitting the US top 40, abysmal opening week sales even with tour bundles, a tour where barely any of the shows are sold out, a music video becoming her most disliked video to date). So, if AP was considered too much of a flop to get nominations but Witness gets something, I will be furious. But, somehow, I doubt it. You'll notice a pattern with Katy's nominations - she only get nominations for her biggest hits. If a song charted lower than #3, it's not getting recognised. But even then,The One That Got Away (#3 peak) didn't get a nod. All her nods apart from Hot n Cold only concern #1 and #2 hits, so that tells you all you need to know. So, with all that in mind, Chained To The Rhythm (#5) shouldn't have a snowball's chance. Unless the academy majorly lose their s**t this year or they get bribed.

Archived