Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who's to blame for G.U.Y flopping?

GeeYewWhai

Featured Posts

GeeYewWhai

Who should we blame for GUY's flopage?

Spoiler

personally, I blame those damn HOMOSEXUALS.

c84e250f82253574e6084a67850d4e01.jpg

my theory is that the hunties, gays, bottoms of the world conspired to take down the beloved Goddess of Pop when she was most vulnerable. Because she scrapped Venus as the second single.

Nothing Happened

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtGagaPop

Gaga because the song was not single worthy and she did nothing to promote it. Although the era pretty much died when troy left and she didn't release a dwuw video. 

TCHIKITAH

Gaga of course. The promotion for it was lousy, ok I get that the level has to help and what not but if you really are the artist that takes control of your own art then promote it!!! :grr:

Plus adding 3 songs to the video made no sense to me.

once again the whole era was a mess, so that's why GUY flopped. Because of the mess that was created  

TCHIKITAH
3 minutes ago, xoxoDerpanne said:

the radio, the media and a lack of TV promo (aka Troy)

uNtewRg.gif

Girl! Troy was gone by then ...:oprah:

The era was unfixable by the time guy was released, it doesn't  matter the single choice,everything was meant to flop regardless  unfortunately 

Chromatislaps
10 hours ago, TCHIKITAH said:

Girl! Troy was gone by then ...:oprah:

Girl, the reason Gaga's work was everywhere in 2008-2011, was because Troy booked all sorts of TV appearances and concerts...so the lack of his skills was very appearant in the promo for GUY (I would say for the better, glad he's not a part of Gagz team anymore)

Gaga+Interscope for not wanting to promote, Zedd+Gaga and Interscope for letting her release her song that sounded 2 years old

Radio hosts decided to not play the song

Gaga or her label could have pressured them or payola'd, but they didn't. SO I guess it's a collective mistake

ryanripley
30 minutes ago, TCHIKITAH said:

Gaga of course. The promotion for it was lousy, ok I get that the level has to help and what not but if you really are the artist that takes control of your own art then promote it!!! :grr:

Plus adding 3 songs to the video made no sense to me.

once again the whole era was a mess, so that's why GUY flopped. Because of the mess that was created  

how was she meant to promote without the label or management? she already spent millions providing a MV so i wouldn’t blame gaga, she’s the victim of the whole situation

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

swordstalker
47 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

Gaga because the song was not single worthy and she did nothing to promote it. Although the era pretty much died when troy left and she didn't release a dwuw video. 

I love most of the song; the intro, the verses and the bridge are some of Gaga's best. But the chorus is... not great. It doesn't really go anywhere and it's too repetitive. I feel the same way about Perfect Illusion. Absolutely banging tracking full of great melodies and energy, but the chorus leaves something to be desired. I know that doesn't stop a song from becoming a hit (e.g., LWYMMD), but she did need a much stronger chorus to get a hit at that point in the album cycle. 

Archived