💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop Music Will Never Be Low Brow

VillainTina

Featured Posts

I'm actually enjoying the fact that pop is in a coma I call it that because the cycle usually goes like this: huge generic pop girls followed by even worse pop then the scene starts to get more urban until it's dominant. Then emo or rock or whatever it is this time takes over for a few years before the new wave of pop girls return. Mid 10s pop was a huge mess. I avoided listening to most popular music in 2015 because of how messy it was. I'm not a fan of mumble or trap hip hop and all, but R&B artists like SZA and Kelela are finally on the rise saving pop from decaying even more. Lots of you probably won't like the new wave of pop stars just like some people who grew up with Britney and Christina weren't fans of Gaga or Katy. Gaga and Katy and Kesha and all of them are this generations Christina and Britney in terms of popularity (definitely not comparing Katy and Christina's vocal talent because well...Katy's "talent"). I hope that the next generation of pop is good, but past trends show that it probably won't be (yes I'm expecting dozens of EMN's most of this cult site are pop stans).

8 hours ago, VillainTina said:

f56d7bf33301efa2840709c7a63a5fe8.jpg

Remember this infamous quote from the queen herself during the fame days ?

yeah she has contradicted herself to the point where pop music is not even mainstream anymore 

i think this has happened because pop artist wanna take years and years to release their "best" 

and because of that it's not a 2010/11 Pop Craze where the most iconic moments were made 

everyone is releasing music at different times and its hard to keep track of artist when theyre not

working to be the one and only any more.

this is why trash ass rap music is taking over, all them artist are releasing "hit" after "hit"

and are keeping up and wanting to prove their throne (even tho most are new rappers fresh off of soundcloud)

pop girls need to work together around the same time and release around the same time because if not

pop culture will keep declining money wize and media wize

literally no one cares about pop artist anymore, last time i remember having had a conversation about pop artist

(outside of GGD) since 2010-13 days

it makes me feel old and out of style 

i wish more people would appreciate pop culture as much as i do and get rid of half of these mumble rappers

But Katy, Miley, Demi, Selena and now Taylor have released Q2 and Q3

Archived