Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

GoT actor joked about rape, video resurfaces among Hollywood scandal

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This has been part of our world, women's world, since time immemorial". 

A fantastic video. 

The Child
6 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Have you guys even watched Game of Thrones? Do you know how the Dothraki are in the books? I mean, he raped Daenerys several time on the show, and the Dothrakis do what they want to, take woman they want to have if they are stronger and have sex/rape them in front of everyone. 

Maybe it wasn't a good joke, but making everyone a monster is a thing now?

Justifying every man's bad behavior is also a thing now?

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

MonsterPaws
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

You're basically asking Black people to treat racists who wants them dead with respect? :saladga:

Straw-man fallacy. So, no.

Just research social constructivists interpretation of police brutality to see what I'm talking about.

--Brief (amateur) explanation--

In America:

Deeply ingrained beliefs, norms, and generalizations about particular groups is why police act differently towards members of certain communities.

In this case: White and black majority communities; NOTE: "More likely" does NOT equal to "majority of" (aka this is not a generalizing statement).

White communities are more likely to be trustful and even welcoming of police -> police don't perceive whites to be violent <- this cycle goes both ways and develops a non-violent cycle.

Black  communities are less likely to be trustful of police -> Police in return don't trust members of black communities <- black communities continue not to be distrustful of police (for good reasons).

Police brutality DOES NOT mean black people are more violent.

Police brutality DOES NOT mean police are naturally evil.

The system described above ^ is a social constructivist interpretation of the issue. Social norms create vicious cycles.

It combines liberal ("Police are evil") and conservative ("POCs are violent") interpretations to find not only a middle ground, but also a possible explanation of this social construction. One decent argument for this theory is the fact that police brutality does not necessarily exist in all countries/cultures with apartheid components.

E.g. In my home country police brutality is practically non-existent, yet we have a segregated social-class system that discriminates against labour workers and non-locals.

P.S: Stop quoting me. And only do so once you've read a bit about what I've attempted to explain above. Thank you.

Cuchulainn
12 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I also can't believe how more people are shocked about a "generalization" than a rape joke.

You make it sound like we can't point out bad behavior unless it fits the exact way you're thinking of it.

Who once said that generalizations are more shocking than rape jokes? They can both be, and are, bad.

8 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Have you guys even watched Game of Thrones? Do you know how the Dothraki are in the books? I mean, he raped Daenerys several time on the show, and the Dothrakis do what they want to, take woman they want to have if they are stronger and have sex/rape them in front of everyone. 

Maybe it wasn't a good joke, but making everyone a monster is a thing now?

That's a character and a fictional show/novel. This is real life.

And not "maybe". It wasn't a good "joke".  

The Child
2 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

Straw-man fallacy. So, no.

Just research social constructivists interpretation of police brutality to see what I'm talking about.

--Brief (amateur) explanation--

In America:

Deeply ingrained beliefs, norms, and generalizations about particular groups is why police act differently towards members of certain communities.

In this case: White and black majority communities; NOTE: "More likely" does NOT equal to "majority of" (aka this is not a generalizing statement).

White communities are more likely to be trustful and even welcoming of police -> police don't perceive whites to be violent <- this cycle goes both ways and develops a non-violent cycle.

Black  communities are less likely to be trustful of police -> Police in return don't trust members of black communities <- black communities continue not to be distrustful of police (for good reasons).

Police brutality DOES NOT mean black people are more violent.

Police brutality DOES NOT mean police are naturally evil.

The system described above ^ is a social constructivist interpretation of the issue. Social norms create vicious cycles.

It combines liberal ("Police are evil") and conservative ("POCs are violent") interpretations to find not only a middle ground, but also a possible explanation of this social construction. One decent argument for this theory is the fact that police brutality does not necessarily exist in all countries/cultures with apartheid components.

E.g. In my home country police brutality is practically non-existent, yet we have a segregated social-class system that discriminates against labour workers and non-locals.

P.S: Stop quoting me. And only do so once you've read a bit about what I've attempted to explain above. Thank you.

I'm not going to stop quoting you just because you can't handle it. What you're explaining in your post, I already know, I'm not dumb and that's not even the subject of the conversation anyway. You're just way off topic, I'm talking about something and you're not even answering, you talk about another thing.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

Justifying every man's bad behavior is also a thing now?

Every? Seriously? Where the hell did i justify EVERY man's behavior? Please, tell me that, oh please do it.

He is sitting at the table, talking about Game of Thrones, talking about his Charakter, and made a bad joke. Yes, those issues in real life are terrible, but why are people so easy to judge?

I love playing games, i love playing it online, how many people i have headshotet in games, and it's really fun, i love it, but i would never do it in real life, nor have i though about it, cause one is fictional other is real life. 

The Child
2 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

You make it sound like we can't point out bad behavior unless it fits the exact way you're thinking of it.

Who once said that generalizations are more shocking than rape jokes? They can both be, and are, bad.

That's your opinion but for me a rape joke is WAY more shocking than a stupid harmless "generalization".

The Child
Just now, Mythos said:

Every? Seriously? Where the hell did i justify EVERY man's behavior? Please, tell me that, oh please do it.

He is sitting at the table, talking about Game of Thrones, talking about his Charakter, and made a bad joke. Yes, those issues in real life are terrible, but why are people so easy to judge?

I love playing games, i love playing it online, how many people i have headshotet in games, and it's really fun, i love it, but i would never do it in real life, nor have i though about it, cause one is fictional other is real life. 

Lmao you don't even know what you're talking about.

So for anyone who watched the show, it's true that Momoa's character does that and pillages and all these things. I do feel that he seconds from immediately felt incredibly ashamed and foolish, even looking to Emilia as a sign of a wtf did i just do moment. 

I don't condone the comment at all, didn't crigne but had a b*tch what did u just say, did I hear that correctly face. What he said was just distasteful, but that twitter account, virtue signalling, and overgeneralized too much. I'll stop there 

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

5 minutes ago, Lokiy said:

"This is part of our world, women's world, since time immemorial". 

A fantastic video. 

But it’s also represented by the most powerful man in the world at the moment :applause: 

FreePalestine

Just now, CrazyMonster said:

Lmao you don't even know what you're talking about.

As i said, please tell me where the hell i have justified every man's bad behavior??? You accused me, didn't you, give ma a proof?

MonsterPaws
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

I'm not going to stop quoting you just because you can't handle it. What you're explaining in your post, I already know, I'm not dumb and that's not even the subject of the conversation anyway. You're just way off topic, I'm talking about something and you're not even answering, you talk about another thing.

I said: stop quoting me unless you researched what I spent an entire post trying to inform you of :oprah:

You're just trolling, aren't you? :oprah:

The Child

FYI people, if you want to get involved in a convo about a certain topic, educate yourself, be informed and know what you're talking about cause otherwise the convo is just useless.

Archived