Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

GoT actor joked about rape, video resurfaces among Hollywood scandal

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rape never occurred, it was fictional. The rape was in George R. R. Martin's storyline, Mr. Momoa didn't write that in. It's a joke.

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

1 hour ago, Goosey said:

The rape never occurred, it was fictional. The rape was in George R. R. Martin's storyline, Mr. Momoa didn't write that in. It's a joke.

We all know that the rapes were fictional, the « joke » was simply tasteless.

1 hour ago, Goosey said:

th?id=OIP.4MgvPTwdNNGmEISXjXdTRgHgDx&pid

People are mad because the actor say he gets to rape beautiful women, not because it's in the storyline. Who makes a tasteless joke about that????

Don't visit my profile

5 hours ago, Gagi said:

It WAS funny, damn some people are simply pressed as ****. It's obviously a joke

because rape is a joke? That is not something to joke about

Don't visit my profile

StrawberryBlond

I'd also like to point out an obvious double standard - no one had any problem with him seemingly supporting violence with the "ripping people's tongues out" line. So, sexual violence is bad but any other form of violence is ok? It's funny, it used to be the opposite back in the day, with the public being outraged at violence but giving the sexual stuff a pass. Everything's come full circle now. And an even bigger disparity is this...I don't watch Game of Thrones, so I don't know the full extent of how every scene went over but apart from one apparently very brutal rape scene, I don't hear anyone making complaints about the amount of sexual violence in the series. Yet, one of the actors makes a joke about it off-screen and that's suddenly unacceptable? So, let me get this straight - it's ok to show a fictional rape scene...but it's not ok to make a joke in the context of said fictional rape scene? Sorry, no, the moral compass is completely off here. If you're going to get all high and mighty about the subject of rape, at least be consistent in your viewpoint.

20 hours ago, Lady1Gaga2 said:

I think the joke shows an underlying lack of regard for the severity of rape, and possibly for women. Sure, the joke objectifies women, but couldn't he have made a joke about how he liked having so many beautiful women in the cast, as opposed to making rape seem like an everyday occurrence that should be tolerated. 

I think that's what he was going for, though. I don't think enough attention is being paid to his actual words and the context which was: "all the things you can do like rip someone's tongue out their throat and get away with it and rape beautiful women." He was explaining how, when you play a villain in a fantasy drama, you can relish in doing things that you wouldn't do or condone in reality. I've heard other actors who played villains say this before, they just weren't specific about what those things were. And to be honest, I don't know if saying that "having" so many beautiful women in the cast would have gone over well either. I mean, if that doesn't imply that there was backstage shenanigans, I don't know what does. I've found that there's no right way to make such a statement these days. Men are so afraid now to state that a woman is attractive or that he would want to be intimate with her in some way as it's deemed as sexual harassment.

YeehawKylie

Sad to see how ingrained rape culture is in our society. The immediate reaction to "rape beautiful women" was laughter.

littlepotter
On 10/15/2017 at 2:21 AM, StrawberryBlond said:

I'd also like to point out an obvious double standard - no one had any problem with him seemingly supporting violence with the "ripping people's tongues out" line. So, sexual violence is bad but any other form of violence is ok? It's funny, it used to be the opposite back in the day, with the public being outraged at violence but giving the sexual stuff a pass. Everything's come full circle now. And an even bigger disparity is this...I don't watch Game of Thrones, so I don't know the full extent of how every scene went over but apart from one apparently very brutal rape scene, I don't hear anyone making complaints about the amount of sexual violence in the series. Yet, one of the actors makes a joke about it off-screen and that's suddenly unacceptable? So, let me get this straight - it's ok to show a fictional rape scene...but it's not ok to make a joke in the context of said fictional rape scene? Sorry, no, the moral compass is completely off here. If you're going to get all high and mighty about the subject of rape, at least be consistent in your viewpoint.

I think that's what he was going for, though. I don't think enough attention is being paid to his actual words and the context which was: "all the things you can do like rip someone's tongue out their throat and get away with it and rape beautiful women." He was explaining how, when you play a villain in a fantasy drama, you can relish in doing things that you wouldn't do or condone in reality. I've heard other actors who played villains say this before, they just weren't specific about what those things were. And to be honest, I don't know if saying that "having" so many beautiful women in the cast would have gone over well either. I mean, if that doesn't imply that there was backstage shenanigans, I don't know what does. I've found that there's no right way to make such a statement these days. Men are so afraid now to state that a woman is attractive or that he would want to be intimate with her in some way as it's deemed as sexual harassment.

this is well written but there are a lot of things you got wrong since you haven't watched the show. the rape scene got the same amount of negativity from the same group of people when it aired, as if not showing rape will make the issue disappear (though a lot argue that it really wasn't necessary - in the books, no rape is mentioned. but in the books, daenerys (the "victim") is only 13, so that would have been a lot more controversial).

another character literally gets his prostitutes to rape a man before he chops off his penis and sends it to his father - and that wasn't a quick process, it was a main plot point - so why didn't people get outraged at that? that's obviously at least as serious as rape, yet no one spoke about it because it's a man and who cares.

and the show constantly depicts violence, and clearly was made for mature audiences. everyone should know that going in. complaining about it is ridiculous because that's how things were in medieval times (also, sex was more acceptable than violence before? as i recall killing people for "honor" or "revenge" was morally correct while a woman caught having sex would get her stoned to death)

chaeri pls

StrawberryBlond
On 10/15/2017 at 9:42 PM, IndieKylie said:

Sad to see how ingrained rape culture is in our society. The immediate reaction to "rape beautiful women" was laughter.

They're laughing because of the context of the joke. I'd be concerned if they were laughing about real rape but as it is, it's about rape in a fictionalised situation, which means there's different boundaries. Have you never laughed darkly about anything? I've heard countless jokes that make light of murder (albeit usually from a female on male perspective because that's not as threatening) and no one ever complains about them. Here's some examples:

"I love children...but I couldn't eat a whole one."

"In all my years of marriage, divorce never crossed my mind. Murder, maybe, but not divorce."

"What's the secret? If I tell you, I'd have to kill you!"

You can make a joke about the literal taking of a life but joking about rape is going too far, apparently? No wonder society's moral compass is a bit skewed. At least be consistent when it comes to this stuff. It's either ok to joke about appalling things or not to joke about them at all. But we can't give some things a pass but not others.

7 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

this is well written but there are a lot of things you got wrong since you haven't watched the show. the rape scene got the same amount of negativity from the same group of people when it aired, as if not showing rape will make the issue disappear (though a lot argue that it really wasn't necessary - in the books, no rape is mentioned. but in the books, daenerys (the "victim") is only 13, so that would have been a lot more controversial).

another character literally gets his prostitutes to rape a man before he chops off his penis and sends it to his father - and that wasn't a quick process, it was a main plot point - so why didn't people get outraged at that? that's obviously at least as serious as rape, yet no one spoke about it because it's a man and who cares.

and the show constantly depicts violence, and clearly was made for mature audiences. everyone should know that going in. complaining about it is ridiculous because that's how things were in medieval times (also, sex was more acceptable than violence before? as i recall killing people for "honor" or "revenge" was morally correct while a woman caught having sex would get her stoned to death)

But my point is that the show didn't lose viewers, people still love it regardless, I don't see hordes of people demanding no more rape scenes in the show. I thought of a rape joke got so many danders up, why would the same people happily watch the rape scenes without a word of complaint? I thought viewers would understand the context of the joke and move on. From what I've seen, people who are really sensitive to issues such as rape don't want to see any depictions of it, even fictionalised stuff, so I thought that a lot of people who were outraged at the joke would be demanding the entire show should get pulled for its use of rape in the series. But no, apparently, an out-of-context rape joke at a press conference watched by very few builds rape culture but a whole series depicting sexual violence watched by millions all over the world doesn't? The logic of some people really astounds me.

littlepotter
52 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But my point is that the show didn't lose viewers, people still love it regardless, I don't see hordes of people demanding no more rape scenes in the show. I thought of a rape joke got so many danders up, why would the same people happily watch the rape scenes without a word of complaint? I thought viewers would understand the context of the joke and move on. From what I've seen, people who are really sensitive to issues such as rape don't want to see any depictions of it, even fictionalised stuff, so I thought that a lot of people who were outraged at the joke would be demanding the entire show should get pulled for its use of rape in the series. But no, apparently, an out-of-context rape joke at a press conference watched by very few builds rape culture but a whole series depicting sexual violence watched by millions all over the world doesn't? The logic of some people really astounds me.

again, you're making assumptions which are completely untrue - not because you're "lying" but because you simply haven't watched the show. this rape scene took place in the first season. six years ago. and that panel video is OLD. so what you're basing your argument off is invalid, since in a way people's complaints were heard and no more rape scenes were depicted - they were at most implied, and in most cases - like sansa's the only one i remember - she went on to destroy that man and have him devoured by hounds. 

chaeri pls

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

They're laughing because of the context of the joke. I'd be concerned if they were laughing about real rape but as it is, it's about rape in a fictionalised situation, which means there's different boundaries. Have you never laughed darkly about anything? I've heard countless jokes that make light of murder (albeit usually from a female on male perspective because that's not as threatening) and no one ever complains about them.

I laugh about dark things often (and make those jokes sometimes). That being said, there are some things I’m allowed to react to instinctually. I think maybe 8 years ago I would’ve chuckled at the joke (close to when the joke was made, no?), but today I’m wise enough not to find such a cheap shot funny. It’s just how I feel regarding this specific joke. 

Archived