opinion

Does Gaga make your favorite music?

littlepotter

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good question.

Once upon a time? Yes. But around the time of Gaga's hip problem, I had nobody to listen to anymore, so I went to David Bowie, and fell in love with his music.

Now my tastes are completely different. I listen to a lot of jazz, a lot of avant-garde music from lesser-known artists and groups, and Gaga is probably the only mainstream artist I listen to anymore.

Do I still enjoy Gaga's music? Yes. Do I long for the day she's no longer relevant so she can do what she wants and not have to worry about charts or impressing people? Hell yes.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

Some of it, yes.

I have a lot of favorite music, though. I go through phases of listening to her/other artists' music on repeat (a few weeks ago I was pretty intensely rediscovering my love for TF and TFM). I will say that she's my favorite artist in terms of "full package," and has been for a long time.

littlepotter
30 minutes ago, Sailor said:

Do I still enjoy Gaga's music? Yes. Do I long for the days she's no longer relevant so she can do what she wants and not have to worry about charts or impressing people? Hell yes.

ahhhh this conflicts me so much becausw on one hand i do want it and on the other i am still very much into her popular persona, public appearances etc but i also wanna see her do whatever she wants...

chaeri pls

41 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

ahhhh this conflicts me so much becausw on one hand i do want it and on the other i am still very much into her popular persona, public appearances etc but i also wanna see her do whatever she wants...

She can do both. She herself once said that a record label doesn't make you an artist; you make yourself an artist.

Nothing would make me happier than for her to say **** you to everybody and just release her music on SoundCloud or something. Either way, I know she'll be legendary.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

sipthistea

Until The Cure was released :lolly:

Other than that, I don't know, but there's something about her music that makes me love it so much. Gaga may try different genres, but her style is so unique that I can't help but love it. 

Yes and no. If I want to sing along then I go for Gaga generally. If I want to just listen than it's a real toss up as I like A LOT of different music (very excited for Beck tomorrow).

Rhiannon74

Good question... I think it all comes down to personal taste and current mood. Personal taste can be influenced by many factors such as the music your parents listen to and since my dad was really into 90s Alternative, I listen to it a lot. I used to listen to a lot of modern pop music growing up, but now Gaga is the only one I like enough to care about... Everything else sounds so meh... It does not feel innovative. Lyric wise Stevie Nicks and Tori Amos are my Queens. Music wise it depends on my mood. Voice-wise Gaga is killing it, but 70s and 80s Stevie is soooo enchanting, at least according to me. Performance wise Gaga slays all, but I haven't really watched a lot of live performances by other artists so maybe I'm biased. Either way, Alanis Morissette and Lady Gaga are my favourite personality wise. I follow them the most... Gaga is really fierce, and it's not that Alanis is not, she's just really, really, really down to earth, so a combo of them really helps me feel centred in life. It's all about harmony. That's why I don't mind the "new" Gaga. I love listening to BTW and TFM and even ARTPOP, but knowing how she didn't take care of herself back then makes me feel bad when I think about those eras. I really care about Gaga as a person. I went to ArtRave in Stockholm with my mom and it was out of this world. Her energy is electrifying and that is rare. I understand why some people might not like Joanne. I like it since I can relate to losing a loved one and some other themes present in the album... Sorry for the long post. I'm just really opinionated when it comes to music :D btw I would die for a Tori Amos/Lady Gaga piano collab :giveup:

Archived