🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
Sign in to follow this  
politics

US pulling out of UNESCO over Palestinian membership

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 39,812
Morphine Prince

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) based in Paris. Its declared purpose is to contribute to peace and security by promoting international collaboration through educational, scientific, and cultural reforms in order to increase universal respect for justice, the rule of law, and human rights along with fundamental freedom proclaimed in the United Nations Charter. It is the successor of the League of Nations' International Committee on Intellectual Cooperation.

Edited by Morphine Prince
Marry The Night, G.U.Y., and Perfect Illusion flopped for our sins.

Qualle1   Paws Up 1,255
Qualle1

The USA stopped their financial support towards the UNESCO under President Barack Obama back in October 2011 - because Palestine became a regular member of the UNESCO back in October 2011.

Because of their refusal to pay, the USA has no voting rights since years.

So, who cares?

The USA is the laughing stock of the modern world and I am sure, it becomes even worser under the current US-Administration...

:nails:

Edited by Qualle1
  • Like 1
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

Melech   Paws Up 5,924
Melech

Good. The Unesco is failing to see Jewish connection to Jerusalem. 

Unesco is an organization of circle-jerking anti-semites.

• Like 1

Melech   Paws Up 5,924
Melech

"The emergence of Kawari has been seen by Israel and the US as a failure of their efforts to secure the post for a figure they regard as more friendly.

Earlier this week Israel’s Unesco ambassador described the trajectory of voting in the secret ballots as “bad news for the organisation and unfortunately also for Israel”.

Foreign Policy reported that the decision to pull out had been made several weeks ago during the UN general assembly in New York, was taken over the heads of officials who had argued that the US should wait until after the Unesco election process was complete.

Unesco has drawn the ire of Israel and the Trump administration for a series of decisions, including the listing of Hebron, a city in the southern part of the occupied Palestinian territories, as a Palestinian world heritage site. 

In October Israel suspended cooperation after the agency adopted a draft resolution that Israel said denied the deep historic Jewish connection to holy sites in Jerusalem."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/12/us-withdraw-unesco-december-united-nations

brizoda   Paws Up 1,176
brizoda
1 hour ago, Qualle1 said:

What exactly is unfair?

that the U.S. is pulling out of UNESCO after long dispute over Palestinian membership

• Like 1

Melech   Paws Up 5,924
Melech
3 minutes ago, brizoda said:

that the U.S. is pulling out of UNESCO after long dispute over Palestinian membership

It's not because the Palestinian membership but more because of the anti-Jewish/Israel bias. Unesco is denying Jewish connections to Jewish places in Israel. 

lego   Paws Up 36,046
lego

don’t quote me :neyde:

• Like 3
No I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you✨ And I never dreamed That I'd lose somebody like you, No

Qualle1   Paws Up 1,255
Qualle1
48 minutes ago, Melech said:

Good. The Unesco is failing to see Jewish connection to Jerusalem. 

Unesco is an organization of circle-jerking anti-semites.

:smh:

• Like 1
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

Melech   Paws Up 5,924
Melech
14 minutes ago, lego said:

don’t quote me :neyde:

Why doesn't the twitter account states that that resolution is  regarding the Temple Mount which only names it by its Arabic reference, Al Aqsa Mosque and Haram A-Sharif. The Western Wall Plaza is referred to as the Al Buraq Plaze, and its Hebrew name appears in quotation marks ?

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/western-members-reject-unesco-resolution-denying-jewish-ties-to-temple-mount-kotel/2016/10/13/