Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
opinion

Juju's Top 50: Artists

Featured Posts

that juju   Paws Up 14,991
that juju
3 minutes ago, Antonio said:

I mean I’m about to go to sleep but I’ll check the results in the morning, don’t disappoint daddy! I saw miss Madge hasn’t been revealed yet so I’m perched!

you know she's coming!! goodnight legend :diane: 

[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

that juju

Tommy february6

tumblr_mno3ho2wJg1qacvmdo1_500.gif

By now y'all know my love for J-Pop, so this shouldn't come at a surprise. But Tomoko Kawase combines kitschy 80's synths with hard-hitting hooks as her 80's alter-ego, Tommy february6, who is a booze-loving bad girl with a taste for trouble and sweets. I've been stanning this lovely lady since middle school, and she's actually remained quite consistent over the years. If you're a fan of retro synths and pop in general, and have been looking to delve into the music of Japan, she's a terrific starting point, with a reasonably-sized discography and many, many great songs.

Most Played Song

(these synths honestly make me so wet)

• YAAAS 2
[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

that juju
4 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

Yeah only 20 but I can handle it :whitney:

hey I know she should be higher but I mostly listen to Bey on CD :laughga: 

HausOfAmericano   Paws Up 1,946
HausOfAmericano
Just now, that juju said:

Tommy february6

tumblr_mno3ho2wJg1qacvmdo1_500.gif

By now y'all know my love for J-Pop, so this shouldn't come at a surprise. But Tomoko Kawase combines kitschy 80's synths with hard-hitting hooks as her 80's alter-ego, Tommy february6, who is a booze-loving bad girl with a taste for trouble and sweets. I've been stanning this lovely lady since middle school, and she's actually remained quite consistent over the years. If you're a fan of retro synths and pop in general, and have been looking to delve into the music of Japan, she's a terrific starting point, with a reasonably-sized discography and many, many great songs.

Most Played Song

(these synths honestly make me so wet)

Omg the iconic @ItsTommyBitch avi and one of the most iconic combinations of weird + cute + best music ever :giveup: 

Words are useless, especially sentences. They don't stand for anything, how can they explain how I feel?

that juju
1 minute ago, HausOfAmericano said:

Omg the iconic @ItsTommyBitch avi and one of the most iconic combinations of weird + cute + best music ever :giveup: 

I'm happy she has stans here bc most pop fans aren't familiar and it hurts my soul :madge: 

Just now, BBhomemaker said:

Jhene Aiko and Florrie :diane: only good taste :queenga:

YAS finally someone who stans these queens! C'mon BB!!!

• Like 1

that juju

Gwen Stefani

tumblr_omb3kzB6X01tnq32io1_500.gif

My very first "queen". The times I've listened to L.A.M.B. alone should have her at #1, but I'm working with what I got. What isn't there to love about Gwen? She's sincere, she's talented, she's real as f*ck. Not only that, but the woman knows how to craft the perfect pop song - I don't think a solo career following a successful outing with a band has ever been as solid as Gwen's reign in the mid-2000s. Hell, even her last album was a complete bop. So happy to have seen her first two solo tours, as they remain to this day the best two shows I've ever seen. Gwen will always remain my #1 Queen, truly, until I take my very last breath. 

Most Played Song

(this is still my favorite song - and video! - of all time)

• LMAO 1
  • Love 2

HausOfAmericano

I'm happy she has stans here bc most pop fans aren't familiar and it hurts my soul :madge: 

Never trust a bitch who says "omg I am sooo into indie and alternative music, I love Lana Del Rey and Crybaby (they don't even call ha Melanie, just Crybaby :madge:)" and I'm like "cool do you know Bjork" and they're like "B-what?!" :madge: 

Words are useless, especially sentences. They don't stand for anything, how can they explain how I feel?

that juju
Just now, HausOfAmericano said:

Never trust a bitch who says "omg I am sooo into indie and alternative music, I love Lana Del Rey and Crybaby (they don't even call ha Melanie, just Crybaby :madge:)" and I'm like "cool do you know Bjork" and they're like "B-what?!" :madge: 

"B-what" I screamed :air: 

But tea! Lana and Melanie are hardly indie in that sense, they have very prominent fanbases. I stan for queens that have maybe like 10 to 20 fans total it seems, which honestly is really sad because I want them to at least have success at the level of Lana. :madge: 

Which is why I do threads like this, to hopefully rope in another stan or two :poot: 

• Like 1

BBhomemaker   Paws Up 1,884
BBhomemaker
6 minutes ago, that juju said:

YAS finally someone who stans these queens! C'mon BB!!!

whitney-natalie.gif

And Oh gurl Gwen :diane: 

And "What you waiting for ?" C6kK1tCXUAUejdu.jpg

My favorite from her too :giveup:

Edited by BBhomemaker

that juju
Just now, BBhomemaker said:

whitney-natalie.gif

And Oh gurl Gwen :diane: 

And "What you waiting for ?" C6kK1tCXUAUejdu.jpg

Gwen has remained my queen for two decades, like when will anyone ever :diane: 

• YAAAS 1

HausOfAmericano

Gwen Stefani

tumblr_omb3kzB6X01tnq32io1_500.gif

My very first "queen". The times I've listened to L.A.M.B. alone should have her at #1, but I'm working with what I got. What isn't there to love about Gwen? She's sincere, she's talented, she's real as f*ck. Not only that, but the woman knows how to craft the perfect pop song - I don't think a solo career following a successful outing with a band has ever been as solid as Gwen's reign in the mid-2000s. Hell, even her last album was a complete bop. So happy to have seen her first two solo tours, as they remain to this day the best two shows I've ever seen. Gwen will always remain my #1 Queen, truly, until I take my very last breath. 

Most Played Song

(this is still my favorite song - and video! - of all time)

Stopped being a fan bc of This Is What The Truth Feels Like :madge: 

that juju
2 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

Stopped being a fan bc of This Is What The Truth Feels Like :madge: 

that album had SO many bops though :neyde: 

• Like 1

that juju

4 more artists, and I'll finish with the Top 10 tomorrow when most everyone's around :lolly: 

• Like 1

HausOfAmericano
1 minute ago, that juju said:

that album had SO many bops though :neyde: 

Only listenable songs to me are Truth, Send Me A Picture, Red Flag and Rocket Ship