Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Juju's Top 50: Artists

juju

Featured Posts

TLC

tumblr_n76crc5yhM1rgw2kro1_400.gif

Honestly, if we counted every single time I've ever listened to an artist, TLC would be Top 20, easily. But these are streams and scrobbles post-09, so they place here. I've stanned them since the 90s, as they were one of the first girl groups (along with Spice Girls) to truly have me shaking. They've never missed a beat, and although I miss Left Eye more with each passing day, their new album isn't bad at all. Truly icons, truly legends.

Most Played Song

(still my favorite, tbh, it is so smooth)

❤ x ❤

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooke Candy

tumblr_nxiwvljvcf1qc5i9so1_500.gif

Despite the unnecessary hesitance people have towards her for whatever reason, I adore Brooke Candy, and have since Das Me. Visually, she's one of the most interesting stars of the 10's decade. Sonically, she has quite a few truly terrific songs under her belt, and with no album out! Her mix of street, hip hop, pop, and geek culture is fresh and intriguing, and I'm excited to see where her career goes. She's still one to watch.

Most Played Song

(by a freakin' landslide)

❤ x ❤

20 minutes ago, that juju said:

Queen i'm preparing for my 1st date since last year. I'll catch up at night.:excited2:

StarlightSeiya
13 minutes ago, that juju said:

Ga-In (가인)

tumblr_oavcf4J5hF1sdz3n2o2_500.gif

A member of the popular girl group Brown Eyed Girls, Miss Ga-In had me S H O O K to death in 2010 with the release of her mini-album step 2/4. The musical styles were very unique, and at the time, I was still a very new stan in the K-Pop world so it was all new to me. But even still, that single EP has held up amazingly overtime, it's romantic Latin-infused pop still has a more mature flavor than the majority of popular K-Pop. I'd recommend watching the entire "Irreversible" video, it's a stunning work and one of my favorite videos of all time.

Most Played Song

(this is the performance version AKA the shortened MV without the plot)

One of my first stoned songs. 2010 was the best

Bone Apple Tea bebe

2 minutes ago, Hades said:

Queen i'm preparing for my 1st date since last year. I'll catch up at night.:excited2:

O M G sis have a good time :diane: I want all the details when you return :lolly: 

❤ x ❤

Phyllis Hyman

tumblr_mg2v5sVgDp1qf7bjso6_400.gif

Thanks be to @MarriedToMusic for introducing me to this absolute icon and legend. For someone who struggles with depression and anxiety and all that comes with it, sometimes you just need a gut-wrenching vocalist to not pull you from misery, but join you in it. Phyllis had so much soul and heart, her music has been a comfort in the wackness of this year - there have been many nights where I can only play her on loop, chain-smoking til all hours of the morning. 

Most Played Song

(I mean... still hits home)

❤ x ❤

Lana Del Rey

tumblr_mfg105lmt21rl022jo1_500.gif

Y'all really out here thinking I hate Lana, but yet here she is. While she isn't my jush 24/7, when the mood is right, it is right. I actually was a huge stan when the debut album dropped (not 'the' debut, but Born To Die). Overall, her aesthetic and vocals are very strong, so she's kind of in a league of her own.

Most Played Song

(played 3x more than the second most played song, whew)

❤ x ❤

4 minutes ago, monster987 said:

I'm here :whitney: 

welcome queen :diane: then I'll continue

❤ x ❤

Yumi Arai/Matsutōya (松任谷由実)

5e48ac5d7e8c4eb8b451916aaad3f445

One of my favorite Japanese artists of the 70s and 80s, Yumi Arai (I still refer to her with her maiden name tbh) is one incredibly talented icon. Her music is lush and atmospheric, with melodies that belong neither in the East nor West - she is out of this world. :diane: The one particular song by her that I adore was the ending theme for one of my favorite films of all time, so she's been present since my childhood. But I've discovered her later albums, and love them just the same.

Most Played Song

(the nostalgia is strong)

❤ x ❤

Phoebe Buffay
1 minute ago, that juju said:

Not to be shady but who is she? :selena: 

3 minutes ago, monster987 said:

Not to be shady but who is she? :selena: 

an icon :selena: girl there are many curve-balls up in here

❤ x ❤

MonsterOfSpain
5 minutes ago, that juju said:

One of my favorite Japanese artists of the 70s and 80s, Yumi Arai (I still refer to her with her maiden name tbh) is one incredibly talented icon. Her music is lush and atmospheric, with melodies that belong neither in the East nor West - she is out of this world. :diane: The one particular song by her that I adore was the ending theme for one of my favorite films of all time, so she's been present since my childhood. But I've discovered her later albums, and love them just the same.

Most Played Song

(the nostalgia is strong)

This over Lana? :selena: 

Archived