Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is the media still obsessed with ARTPOP?

Lokiy

Featured Posts

Like, I don't get it. Some albums this year flopped even harder, but they're still trying IT. Why are they so obsessed with Gaga? 

Luckily some people came in and gathered them with facts.

I don't get it, to be honest. Please explain.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours

Notice how all the flops they mentioned are albums of female artists...

Where’s Paula by Robin Thicke? 

So the writer is a Gaga hater. Cute.

He's probably a neo-nazi and part of the alt-right like the last one. They never learn. 

@media, stop hiring gays like these. 

dKidtuc.gif?noredirect

1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

Shh we like to think that he doesn't exist

I think cause Gaga usually has impressive sales and her flop was some artists average/best sales. Also ARTPOP was a great album, and Gaga flopped professionally without a public meltdown.

51 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Notice how all the flops they mentioned are albums of female artists...

The last Gaga hater was exposed as part of the alt-right and a misogynist. Maybe that's why. They're all the same. 

VM1UIxM.gif

It’s because Gaga was the first big name in the modern pop scene to “flop,” and even though others have followed in even lower numbers, “ARTPOP” has already become synonymous with “flop.” Also, back then, even if an album was number one, it was the sales comparison that people noticed. It had sold significantly less than other albums around it. 

Not trying to be a devils advocate, just putting in my two cents :bon:

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, KING said:

I think cause Gaga usually has impressive sales and her flop was some artists average/best sales. Also ARTPOP was a great album, and Gaga flopped professionally without a public meltdown.

But in this day and age, ARTPOP stats look impressive compared to Younger Now. Also beg to disagree on the last bit, Gaga had more than a few messy tweets.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

1 minute ago, DeanWinchester said:

But in this day and age, ARTPOP stats look impressive compared to Younger Now. Also beg to disagree on the last bit, Gaga had more than a few messy tweets.

What “messy tweets” are you referring to? :oprah:

4 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

It’s because Gaga was the first big name in the modern pop scene to “flop,” and even though others have followed in even lower numbers, “ARTPOP” has already become synonymous with “flop.” Had Lotus or Witness flopped first, this wouldn’t be a discussion. 

Ok, but that writer comparison doesn't even make sense. How was ARTPOP a flop compared to those albums? It was a messy era, but that's it. 

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Possibly Maybe said:

What “messy tweets” are you referring to? :oprah:

lady-gaga-controversial-tweets-that-grap

lady-gaga-artpop-controversial-tweets-th

Lady-gaga-twitter-haters.png

I know these are to promote DWUW and illustrate a point, but it went over many people's heads

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived