💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gay guys who hate Lady Gaga hate being called "Gay"

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Supersonic
1 minute ago, that juju said:

but in all seriousness this is just like the "men who have sex with men" =/= "gay" debate. You like ****/men, be honest with yourself. These sorts of reactions are more rooted in self hate rhetoric than simply being 'labeled inappropriately'. :awkney: 

And it extends into the not like """"gay music"""". I'm sorry but when did music have a sexuality? Is music a hunty?

The funny thing is, as somebody who is a pansexual man, I kind of get it even. I very much feel the need to remove myself from the male gay community a lot times, due to the unneccesary cattiness, general spitefulness but also its problems with heteronormativity and its tendency to paint things either black or white. Being around men is stressful for me, but being around lots of gay men is a lot more stressful. :laughga:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

Wow so this is a dumb article. I need at least one of those a day:selena:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

That article is SO fetch lol I see it from the fun side you know. Although I think Androphile it sounds better than gay since straight people use that concept to insult  :oprah:

giphy.gif

Btw I never felt gay listening Lady Gaga or Ariana Grande  I think I just get used to it :lolga: Is not gay music people

Blue wig

Well, I kind of understand it. One can be homosexual without liking gay culture. As long as he's not demeaning gay culture and anyone who likes it, it's fine by me! Although, as long as nobody uses the term use the term "straight-acting"... :nails:

Also, "androphile" can be used by non-binary folk, and that kind of thing always gets browny points in my book :D

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

The funny thing is, as somebody who is a pansexual man, I kind of get it even. I very much feel the need to remove myself from the male gay community a lot times, due to the unneccesary cattiness, general spitefulness but also its problems with heteronormativity and its tendency to paint things either black or white. Being around men is stressful for me, but being around lots of gay men is a lot more stressful. :laughga:

well absolutely but that's generalizing all gay men, the ones I socialize with aren't catty in that sense. Not to say that it isn't a thing in the gay community, because there are a ton of problems in the community - the heteronormativity being one of them, body image issues, racism, femme shaming, etc. It is stressful, but I feel like a lot of these people who feel the need to attach themselves to something else all suffer some level of self-hate, like. It's really not that deep - they reject labels, so they make yet another label for themselves :air: 

❤ x ❤

blackpink

so in other words they don't like the stereotypical """gay culture""" that people assume they're apart of?

JR Gg
21 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

There’s an entirely new term for anyone who hates labeling themselves ‘gay’.Androphiles is a brand new word used to describe someone who is attracted to men or masculinity.Nicolas Chinardet has claimed to have created the term in the early 2000s, and apparently it’s slowly been catching on.

Henning Diesel, 37, identifies as androphile and has rejected the ‘gay’ label.He explained: “Gay is part of the LGBT+ world that I never see myself as part of”.Before adding that he doesn’t enjoy “gay music like Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, and Miley Cyrus” or “gay TV and movies like Queer As Folk.”Much like androphile, “g0ys” is another word used to describe men who are attracted to other men but are offended by the label “gay” and refuse to have **** sex.

MEN WHO HAVE SEX WITH MEN BUT ‘HATE CLUBBING AND LADY GAGA’ ARE TIRED OF BEING LABELLED ‘GAY’

Someone clarify this 

StarlightSeiya
29 minutes ago, that juju said:

@StarlightSeiya ! "Gay is part of the LGBT+ world that I never see myself as part of” = you :ladyhaha: 

>_> This is a lot to take in

Bone Apple Tea bebe

JohnyTheSame

i kinda understand what he means...

nowadays being gay is connected to a culture that doesnt repsesent all the "gay" people. 

for example i love ,what is considered by the society, (prepare yourself for a bomb full of sterotypes) gay stufs,

like pop stars, appreciation of arts, clothes etc. But i really cant stand conversations with gay people ( at least in the greek situation) i dont like talking about trash tv shows all the time or pop stars, discutions about how i faced my parents etc. 

I have to do it in order to meet someone but then.... I do care more about politics, economy, life, nature than the most people in greek gay community. So yes sometimes i don not consider myself as "gay" but as a men who likew other (really hot) men.

my sister, who is etero, try to understand why this culture attract gay people. I was listening Lady Gaga since i was 13, before i even realised what is happening to me. Her 2 best friends were addicted to Dona Summer Kylie and Britney since they were child. They were "straight" until the age of 23-24. they were having realtionship with women.

so i do believe that a gay person can exclude itself from the "gay culture".

i hope i give an explanation. (dont hate me, sorry for my bad english :) )

Archived