Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
society

Gay coffee shop owner kicks Christians out of cafe

Featured Posts

ryanripley   Paws Up 38,811
ryanripley
58 minutes ago, Guillermo Tello said:

I just don't think it's necessary...  Gay clubs are okay but not coffee shops lol 

you're absolutely wrong, we need more gay safe spaces that aren't all about alcohol, drugs and sex

• Like 8
Ÿ͎̰̦͎͕́̇ͥ͐O̟̾Ŭ̯̤̫͙͎́̾ͦ͆̐'̧̜̇L̥̻͔̥͇̊̕L̩͂͂ ̝͉̰̭F̰̱̣͓̩̦͈͐ͩͥ͑̐̚͘Ḽ̳̻̑O̲̮͍̳̎ͮ̉̓̀̔͊A̗̞̒̀̌̚̚Ţ̰ͣ ̭̠̱̌͊ͥ̄T͚̜̱̪͍ͣ̅ͤ̈̚O̰̳͎̘͔̼̥ͨ͗ͤ͋̀̃O̒ͮ͊ͬͦ̄͆͡

CautiousLurker   Paws Up 4,675
CautiousLurker
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

you're absolutely wrong, we need more gay safe spaces that aren't all about alcohol, drugs and sex

Agreed, from now on it is my mission to create a gay-only reading club :whitney:

Spoiler

Erotica reading club :stalkga:

• LMAO 1

codymonster   Paws Up 2,567
codymonster
5 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

do you understand that the reverse has happened to gay people dozens of times before? the owner doing this is likely trying to show christians how it feels to be denied services for one's beliefs, which has happened to LGBT people at bakeries.

Of course I know that this happens to gay people all the time! I've been affected by homophobia before myself! But that doesn't mean I wish that hate on others. I expect my rights as a human to be met, just as I expect the rights of any other human being to be met.

• Like 3

Gagaloo92   Paws Up 3,963
Gagaloo92

This thread is a disaster just as I expected it to be :smh:

I don't think by their being Christian they should have got kicked out that's wrong, but if they were being disruptive and talking about their anti-abortion views and forcing their opinions onto people as this article implies then that's a much better reason and warrants a response. 

• Like 3

codymonster
8 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

it's not a "public" place. it's a privately owned coffee shop that he owns.

clearly he was doing this as a statement to christians who refuse to serve gay people, i.e. various bakeries across the country that deny services for gay weddings, which, btw, is legal.

Just because it's privately owned, doesn't mean you can pick and choose who comes in :emma: And btw, the man who refused to make the wedding cake for the gay couple LOST the case. So just was served there, just as justice should be served here.

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, codymonster said:

Just because it's privately owned, doesn't mean you can pick and choose who comes in :emma: And btw, the man who refused to make the wedding cake for the gay couple LOST the case. So just was served there, just as justice should be served here.

actually i think you can :poot:

• Like 6
Ÿ͎̰̦͎͕́̇ͥ͐O̟̾Ŭ̯̤̫͙͎́̾ͦ͆̐'̧̜̇L̥̻͔̥͇̊̕L̩͂͂ ̝͉̰̭F̰̱̣͓̩̦͈͐ͩͥ͑̐̚͘Ḽ̳̻̑O̲̮͍̳̎ͮ̉̓̀̔͊A̗̞̒̀̌̚̚Ţ̰ͣ ̭̠̱̌͊ͥ̄T͚̜̱̪͍ͣ̅ͤ̈̚O̰̳͎̘͔̼̥ͨ͗ͤ͋̀̃O̒ͮ͊ͬͦ̄͆͡

Economy   Paws Up 6,285
Economy
17 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i don't support their opinions on abortion so if people were outside my store, forcing their agenda on people and then decided to come inside, i'd ask them to leave in fear that they would start doing it on my property

they have the right to express their opinions anywhere else, but not inside my store which is also my right

But then ud be assuming

jesse_batista

codymonster
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

actually i think you can :poot:

"The entire United States is covered by the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination by privately owned places of public accommodation on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin."

So no, you can't:poot:

Edited by codymonster
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

ryanripley
Just now, Economy said:

But then ud be assuming

the gay owner is an absolute mess, i don't agree with him at all but if i was aware that preachers had come into my business, i would certainly keep an eye on them no matter their agenda since i wouldn't want other customers disturbed

ryanripley
1 minute ago, codymonster said:

"The entire United States is covered by the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination by privately owned places of public accommodation on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin."

So no:poot:

you can ask people to leave or refuse service if they're being disruptive, injure people or damage property

so yes :poot: 

http://www.gaebler.com/When-Restaurants-Can-Choose-Not-to-Serve-a-Customer.htm

• Like 1

Economy   Paws Up 6,285
Economy
8 minutes ago, codymonster said:

Of course I know that this happens to gay people all the time! I've been affected by homophobia before myself! But that doesn't mean I wish that hate on others. I expect my rights as a human to be met, just as I expect the rights of any other human being to be met.

This! If u do the same u complain about receiving then u are not being the better person

ppl these days dont seem to wanna be the better person who treats otherw better than they were treated

if a group of individuals does somethint bad to u ppl these days see themselves fully justified in doing the same abd because they didnt do it first they wont even acknowledge they did wrong

I swear in some ways society is progressing so well but in terms of behaviour and some social ethics we are actually getting worse as a society!!!! :( 

jesse_batista

codymonster
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

you can ask people to leave or refuse service if they're being disruptive, injure people or damage property

so yes :poot: 

http://www.gaebler.com/When-Restaurants-Can-Choose-Not-to-Serve-a-Customer.htm

They weren't being any of those things tho lmao. They were OUTSIDE handing out pamphlets, and then came inside to get a drink. It's not like they were sitting in his store preaching hateful things. If they were, that would be a different story!

Edited by codymonster
  • Like 2

TropicOfCANCER   Paws Up 3,486
TropicOfCANCER
4 minutes ago, codymonster said:

Don't you understand that this is exactly the point the owner is making? How ridiculous does it look to refuse to someone based on their beliefs? Precisely. It looks extremely ridiculous, and it happens all the time to gay people.

I don't know which case you're talking about, but one of the instances of this discrimination is still ongoing and won't be tried until December:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/supreme-court-to-hear-colorado-same-sex-wedding-cake-case-in-december

There is no federal law protecting LGBT from discrimination, only state law. 

If everyone isn't protected from discrimination, then why should anyone be?

ryanripley
Just now, codymonster said:

They weren't being any of those things tho lmao. They were OUTSIDE handing out pamphlets, and then came inside to get a drink. It's not like they were sitting in his store preaching.

i know, i disagree with what he did, what he did was wrong but we're talking about in a general sense :poot: 

Economy   Paws Up 6,285
Economy
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the gay owner is an absolute mess, i don't agree with him at all but if i was aware that preachers had come into my business, i would certainly keep an eye on them no matter their agenda since i wouldn't want other customers disturbed

I can agree with that i would too

im just saying i wouldnt kick them out, out of fear of what they might do... id keep an eye and then do it if they became disturbing

its not illegal to share faith in public... it is in private places if ur asked not to. So thats where is the difference

• Like 2
jesse_batista