🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
society

Gay coffee shop owner kicks Christians out of cafe

Featured Posts

M Monstre   Paws Up 19,102
M Monstre

I'm looking at this as objectively as possible, and I'm sorry, but I just cannot condone his actions. And before I get a billion "Excuse me, no's" about this. Let to tell you my rational.

First of all, I'm Catholic and I'm gay. I don't know if these people were Catholic, or some other denomination, but regardless, I think the situation could have been handled better. 

I don't think it's right to go out and hand pamphlets and stuff; I don't think you should be shoving your religion down people's thorats. However, I do think the situation could have been handled better. This whole, "If I got my boyfriend out here and ****ed him in the ass, would you goes tolerate that?!" bullshit is completely dumb. I'm gay, and I'm fine with PDA and stuff, but if someone was openly just ****ing their significant other, whether they're gay or straight, or whatever, I don't want to see that. That only made him look worse.

I get that shoving your religion down people's thorats is wrong, trust me, I get it. I also get that (white) Christians are largely the ones for marginalizing minorities, including the LGBTQ+ community, but if we are going to make this world more accepting and more tolerating of who we are, we need to at the very least be civil. This wasn't civil whatsoever. This was a man shouting at costumers. 

The fact that some of y'all are defending this baffles me. If this was easily a Chrstian owner kicking out gay people, you'd all be disgusted. 

Learn to look at things objectively. Y'all are putting your emotions into this and that's not helping the situation. 

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 2
Compare love to fame and drugs: 15 minutes of it can be rewarding, but once they're done, it'll hurt like hell.

M Monstre   Paws Up 19,102
M Monstre
9 minutes ago, codymonster said:

Ya’ll... Gaga’s Christian :toofunny: To say all Christians are evil, yet you are on a website devoted to one :emma:

But because she's "Lady Gaga" she gets a pass...

Honestly, it's ridiculous. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. She's openly, openly Catholic and yet we don't condemn her for it. I swear, people can't look at things objectively without putting their emotions into things.

• Like 5
Compare love to fame and drugs: 15 minutes of it can be rewarding, but once they're done, it'll hurt like hell.

Economy   Paws Up 5,695
Economy
51 minutes ago, JustHMLover said:

He owns the place and he has EVERY right to tell them to get lost! So what if they didn't do anything offensive in the shop, if 5 mins earlier they were right in front of it on the street and spreading their unwanted opinion? This man deserves respect and that's that. He used his voice, just like they were doing as protesters.

If it was the other way around tho i bet u wouldnt be saying this

Liberals are biased too

• Like 2

Economy   Paws Up 5,695
Economy
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

But because she's "Lady Gaga" she gets a pass...

Honestly, it's ridiculous. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. She's openly, openly Catholic and yet we don't condemn her for it. I swear, people can't look at things objectively without putting their emotions into things.

Well its like i said above. If it was the other way around everyone would be having a meltdown about it

like when that christain couple refused to bake a cake for lesbian couple

• Like 2

Modern Ecstacy   Paws Up 2,626
Modern Ecstacy
37 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ur generalizing tho. U dont know if these specific christians would do the same

but I'm not. I didn't say "all Christians". Plus I'm sure that whatever state this happened in, it's legal there to do so.

kizurl   Paws Up 1,537
kizurl

The fact that some of ya'll can defend this moron is ridiculous. You can't use the 'but gays experience this all the time' argument because ignorance exists in different forms and this is also an example.

edit: I was referring to the way he conducted himself. Whether or not he had the right to chase people away from his property/store is a legal dispute but doesn't necessarily condone his vile uncivilised behaviour.

Edited by kizurl
  • Like 3

SILENT HILL   Paws Up 604
SILENT HILL
53 minutes ago, codymonster said:

Omfg, the hate in this thread is actually disgusting... These Christians were doing nothing wrong. They were sharing their beliefs and handing things out OUTSIDE of the establisment, and then stopped for a drink. If it was the reverse, ya’ll would be horrified. This hypocrisy, and lack of understanding and tolerance for others is alarming :(

EDIT: For you all that are excuse me no’ing me, can you please explain your logic? I’m very confused how what I’m saying is wrong. Do we not, as people, have the right to our own thoughts and beliefs? You can’t kick people out of a store for being, or thinking, different then you. If this is allowed, our country would crumble. I would feel the same way if a gay person was kicked out by a Christian; horrified. However, we can’t give rights to the people we like, and strip them from the people we don’t. It’s hateful and strips a person of their freedom.

THIS!!!

• Like 1

CautiousLurker   Paws Up 2,814
CautiousLurker
1 hour ago, xoxoDerpanne said:

inb4 the Was Jesus a hunty threads pop up :lolly: 

Wasn't it kind of confirmed that he was? I definitely read something about that :oprah:

ryanripley   Paws Up 31,129
ryanripley
56 minutes ago, codymonster said:

Omfg, the hate in this thread is actually disgusting... These Christians were doing nothing wrong. They were sharing their beliefs and handing things out OUTSIDE of the establisment, and then stopped for a drink. If it was the reverse, ya’ll would be horrified. This hypocrisy, and lack of understanding and tolerance for others is alarming :(

EDIT: For you all that are excuse me no’ing me, can you please explain your logic? I’m very confused how what I’m saying is wrong. Do we not, as people, have the right to our own thoughts and beliefs? You can’t kick people out of a store for being, or thinking, different then you. If this is allowed, our country would crumble. I would feel the same way if a gay person was kicked out by a Christian; horrified. However, we can’t give rights to the people we like, and strip them from the people we don’t. It’s hateful and strips a person of their freedom.

i don't support their opinions on abortion so if people were outside my store, forcing their agenda on people and then decided to come inside, i'd ask them to leave in fear that they would start doing it on my property

they have the right to express their opinions anywhere else, but not inside my store which is also my right

Edited by ryanripley
  • Like 1
Ÿ͎̰̦͎͕́̇ͥ͐O̟̾Ŭ̯̤̫͙͎́̾ͦ͆̐'̧̜̇L̥̻͔̥͇̊̕L̩͂͂ ̝͉̰̭F̰̱̣͓̩̦͈͐ͩͥ͑̐̚͘Ḽ̳̻̑O̲̮͍̳̎ͮ̉̓̀̔͊A̗̞̒̀̌̚̚Ţ̰ͣ ̭̠̱̌͊ͥ̄T͚̜̱̪͍ͣ̅ͤ̈̚O̰̳͎̘͔̼̥ͨ͗ͤ͋̀̃O̒ͮ͊ͬͦ̄͆͡

SILENT HILL   Paws Up 604
SILENT HILL

The hypocrisy in this thread is ridiculous! (‘Excuse me no’ all you guys want, it’s true) 

• Like 4

TropicOfCANCER   Paws Up 3,159
TropicOfCANCER
1 hour ago, codymonster said:

What an idiot :toofunny: You can’t kick someone out of a public place because their presence is offensive to you, they did nothing wrong :toofunny: 

it's not a "public" place. it's a privately owned coffee shop that he owns.

clearly he was doing this as a statement to christians who refuse to serve gay people, i.e. various bakeries across the country that deny services for gay weddings, which, btw, is legal.

Edited by TropicOfCANCER
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

ryanripley   Paws Up 31,129
ryanripley

omg the owner is a mess :duck: 

• Like 1
Ÿ͎̰̦͎͕́̇ͥ͐O̟̾Ŭ̯̤̫͙͎́̾ͦ͆̐'̧̜̇L̥̻͔̥͇̊̕L̩͂͂ ̝͉̰̭F̰̱̣͓̩̦͈͐ͩͥ͑̐̚͘Ḽ̳̻̑O̲̮͍̳̎ͮ̉̓̀̔͊A̗̞̒̀̌̚̚Ţ̰ͣ ̭̠̱̌͊ͥ̄T͚̜̱̪͍ͣ̅ͤ̈̚O̰̳͎̘͔̼̥ͨ͗ͤ͋̀̃O̒ͮ͊ͬͦ̄͆͡

CautiousLurker   Paws Up 2,814
CautiousLurker
On 09/10/2017 at 4:17 PM, codymonster said:

But... not all Christian people feel that way. You’re painting an entire religion the same way. That’s like saying all Muslims want to blow things up. It’s ridiculous.

But Christianity itself promotes homophobia... 

I'm not saying what the person in the video did was right, but just like following a religion is a right, disassociating yourself with people based on their beliefs is a right too... 

Also don't conflate discrimination against gays and discrimination against people of faith... You chose faith, you don't chose sexual orientation - whether you like it or not, the two instances are different... 

@FABian *eyeroll*

Edited by CautiousLurker
  • Like 3

TropicOfCANCER   Paws Up 3,159
TropicOfCANCER
58 minutes ago, codymonster said:

do you understand that the reverse has happened to gay people dozens of times before? the owner doing this is likely trying to show christians how it feels to be denied services for one's beliefs, which has happened to LGBT people at bakeries.

• Love 1

Melech   Paws Up 5,965
Melech
17 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I get that shoving your religion down people's thorats is wrong, trust me, I get it. I also get that (white) Christians are largely the ones for marginalizing minorities, including the LGBTQ+ community, but if we are going to make this world more accepting and more tolerating of who we are, we need to at the very least be civil. This wasn't civil whatsoever. This was a man shouting at costumers. 

Muslims marginalize minorities, too, and so do religious Jews :emma:

• Like 4