Lorde out-songwriter-ed our faves. Why?

Moebius

Featured Posts

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HighlandHeart
On 06/10/2017 at 10:11 PM, Moebius said:

Lorde, a 19 year old girl, is currently mopping the floor with all our faves' lyrics with her album Melodrama alone :air: Who knows what she has in store on Pure Heroine, I've yet to listen to it :air: 

How can she be such a good songwriter? Bish I'm jealous :air: 

Our thing progresses
I call and you come through
Blow all my friendships
To sit in hell with you
But we’re the greatest
They’ll hang us in the Louvre
Down the back, but who cares—still the Louvre

Sometimes I wake up in a different bedroom
I whisper things, the city sings 'em back to you

A couple rebel top gun pilots
Flying with nowhere to be
Don't know you super well
But I think that you might be the same as me
Behave abnormally

We'll end up painted on the road
Red and chrome
All the broken glass sparkling
I guess we're partying

All the glamour and the trauma and the ****in'
Melodrama

All the gun fights
And the lime lights
And the holy sick divine nights
They’ll talk about us, all the lovers
How we kiss and kill each other
They’ll talk about us, and discover
How we kissed and killed each other

AND THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE SONGS ON MELODRAMA LIKE WOW

Did Lorde end all songwriters at just the age of 19? Is Lorde going to we a songwriting icon? Should I listen to Pure Heroine? Discuss. :oprah: 

I haven't listened to this song. But from the lyrics, do you really think it's original? 

If you don't have shadows you're not standing in the light.

DiamondAngel
On 10/6/2017 at 5:19 PM, Drin Lon said:

She doesn't have Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Speechless Dance In The Dark, Mary The Night, BTW, The Edge Of Glory, The Queen, Bloody Mary, Yoü And I, DWUW, Aura, Diamond Heart, Joanne, Million Reasons and Angel Down...so no :queenga:

We have almost identical taste you listed almost all my favorite songs from each album...like wtf 

Drin Lon
4 minutes ago, GAGA1972 said:

We have almost identical taste you listed almost all my favorite songs from each album...like wtf 

These aren't necessarily my favorites, I tried to mention only the best written ones, but yeah, congrats my friend, you have taste :stalkga: :hug:

SychosSoChic
On 10/6/2017 at 11:11 PM, Moebius said:

Should I listen to Pure Heroine? Discuss. :oprah:

A World Alone > Everything else on Pure Heroine AND Melodrama

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

PoshLife

The reason you think these lyrics are so brilliant is because you identify very strongly with them. And that's fine, but that doesn't mean they're objectively better than anybody other's.

Like...

Sis she just rhymed a word with itself :laughga: 

Listen to some Sara Bareilles songs and I'm sure you'll appreciate her songwriting as well. The album tracks from her first album, like "Between the Lines" and "One Sweet Love," are particularly well-written.

ARTPOP2
On 06/10/2017 at 6:10 PM, Moebius said:

giphy.gif

all of this thread is a mess except this flawless Adele gif used by everybody for no effing reason :queenga:

SMILE2NE1
20 hours ago, PoshLife said:

The reason you think these lyrics are so brilliant is because you identify very strongly with them. And that's fine, but that doesn't mean they're objectively better than anybody other's.

Like...

Sis she just rhymed a word with itself :laughga: 

Listen to some Sara Bareilles songs and I'm sure you'll appreciate her songwriting as well. The album tracks from her first album, like "Between the Lines" and "One Sweet Love," are particularly well-written.

She's not even rhyming there, she's literally just "speaking" in that part of the song almost as a joke 

Rhiannon74

Isn't her mom Croatian? Maybe her mom taught her some things about Slavic literature :oprah: Slavic writers use some wtf metaphors when writing and I mean wtf in a good way. I actually use this knowledge when writing in English myself. Then again it all depends on personal taste. Gaga and Lana ain't Slavic last time I checked and their lyrics are amazing. :music: 

Archived