juju

Featured Posts

[#07] Give It To Me
[Score] 8.67

[Highs] @littlemonsterL5 [11]
[Lows] @Hades [4]

5By187l.jpg

@monster987 [10]
I AM SHOOKETH. Loved it at first listen.

@IndieKylie [10]
This song is so, so good. Not much more I can say.

@ReidOne [7]
This song has aged surprisingly well. I was never much a fan of it at the time, but I find myself enjoying it more and more as the years go by. The Cameo-inspired production felt a little off at the time, especially considering Mariah was also doing Cameo-sampling music at the time and flopping (with Glitter's lead single, Loverboy). 

❤ x ❤

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[#06] Fragile
[Score] 8.71

[Highs] @PeterPan @IndieKylie [11]
[Lows] @M3LL155X @Anveeroy @ReidOne @monster987 [7]

oLkPC6S.jpg

@IndieKylie [11]
In all reality, almost any song on this album could earn an 11. However, Fragile is such an amazing disco-ballad. The chorus is so beautiful and this song contributes the strongest lyrics to the album. Yes, In Your Eyes is a disco-banger from the Gods, but I have to give Fragile what it deserves.

@PeterPan [11]
Beautifully written :nick:

@ReidOne [7]
A perfect halfway point for the album. A soft, almost lullaby to put you into a trance after the disco storm you just experienced on the first half of the album. The production here is flawless. And the lyrics show a genuine, authentic vulnerability that is not often found in pop music. 

❤ x ❤

...even if only for a brief moment (sorry Reid!) :laughga: 

[#05] Love Affair
[Score] 8.89

[Highs] @M3LL155X [11]
[Lows] @PeterPan [5]

DSvNvZf.jpg

@ReidOne [10]
OH MY GOD. It's my song!!! Why oh why aren't we allowed two 11's in the rate!! Words cannot expression my passion for this song. Such a dark, sexy, infectious tune. And I love the placement on the tracklist... just when you think you've SURELY heard the best of what this album has to offer, she drops this banger on you. I love the dichotomy of the dark production and the Malibu barbie vocal in the chorus. The way the top-line just flows, it's sheer perfection. 

@monster987 [10]
My second favorite on the album. Her voice is magical on this song. :tony:

@Possibly Maybe [10]
a single-worthy song with a great melody.

@IndieKylie [9.75]
These Latin-Disco vibes give me life.

❤ x ❤

[#04] Can't Get You Out Of My Head
[Score] 9.44

[Highs] @ReidOne [11]
[Lows] @Possibly Maybe [7]

8Kzqa6u.jpg

@ReidOne [11]
 I truly believe this is the most perfect pop song ever made. The power and impact of this song is undeniable. It was the most played song of the 2000's on UK radio. The world was truly SHOOK - she had already had her mega-pop comeback with the "Light Years" album... WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED she would best that effort with an even bigger song... and a style that was not only new territory for her, but truly unique for ALL pop acts out at the the time. The brilliance of this song is multi-dimensional, but one of my favorite aspects is that it's a pop song that is about itself... the lyrics of the song perfectly mirror the power of the infectious hook - "I just can't get you out of my head, la la la la la la la la." It's also worthy to note the impact of this song in the US. Not only was it one of the rare times she had US success, but the song came at a time when NOTHING else on pop radio sounded like this. If you will recall, the US was obsessed with hip-hop at the time (even J.Lo was having to remix her pop album versions to become hip-hop songs with rappers). The fact that Kylie could storm the US with a song that is pure pop, pure KYLIE, is such a mind-boggling feat for its time. And don't even get me started on the epic video, choreo, and live performances! It was everything pop single dreams are made of. 

@monster987 [10]
How can you not like this ICONIC SONG?

@Hades [10]
This and Hung Up are probably the best pop tracks of all time. :firega:

@IndieKylie [8.75]
A career defining song, and her most iconic, but not quite her best. It's great for radio, but on this album, it definitely doesn't quite reach the 'best' of. 

@PeterPan [8]
First ever Kylie song I ever heard and at the time I couldnt get it out of my head.  It is a good song but a bit overrated.

@Possibly Maybe [7]
Cannot deny its significance in her discography, but it’s kind of overrated, and probably the most shallow song on the album, lyrically and sonically. Doesn’t mean I won’t get down to it if it’s on though, just wouldn’t choose to listen to it.

❤ x ❤

:heart: what a SHOOK. Her most iconic song, #4! I guess it really was anyone's game :heart: 

❤ x ❤

4 minutes ago, that juju said:

[#06] Fragile
[Score] 8.71

oLkPC6S.jpg

@IndieKylie [11]
In all reality, almost any song on this album could earn an 11. However, Fragile is such an amazing disco-ballad. The chorus is so beautiful and this song contributes the strongest lyrics to the album. Yes, In Your Eyes is a disco-banger from the Gods, but I have to give Fragile what it deserves.

@PeterPan [11]

@ReidOne [7]
A perfect halfway point for the album. A soft, almost lullaby to put you into a trance after the disco storm you just experienced on the first half of the album. The production here is flawless. And the lyrics show a genuine, authentic vulnerability that is not often found in pop music. 

Beautiful song :giveup:

Just now, PeterPan said:

Beautiful song :giveup:

I'm actually listening to it now. I should've rated, my 11 :giveup: 

❤ x ❤

Just now, that juju said:

I'm actually listening to it now. I should've rated, my 11 :giveup: 

i wanted to give an 11 to like 3 songs hahahahahahhaaha

YeehawKylie
8 minutes ago, that juju said:

[#06] Fragile
[Score] 8.71

oLkPC6S.jpg

@IndieKylie [11]

@PeterPan [11]

@ReidOne [7]

Sad to see this beaut miss the Top 5, but this album is so good Top 6 is an accomplishment!

Just now, IndieKylie said:

Sad to see this beaut miss the Top 5, but this album is so good Top 6 is an accomplishment!

truly my favorite from the whole collection :diane: which is saying A LOT.

❤ x ❤

:heart: Top 3 on the next page! :heart: 

Song #3 got either scores of 9 or 10, which is amazing! :tony: 

❤ x ❤

Archived