💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm not sure why....

Eros92

Featured Posts

In FFT when she's talking about the record leaking she's SO upset. Like it leaked like 2 days before the release and I don't think she understands that a vast majority of people that DID DL it bought it physically and digitally. I just don't think she should have gotten so upset about it, like most album leak at least a day or 2 before the slatted release date and NEVER EVER hurt sales. Like honestly i'm never heard of a record losing money off a premature release unless the album flat out sucks. I just feel bad it caused her so much more damn stress then she needed :(

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

I don't think she cares about the money or charts, just that she wanted things to go as planned. She's a perfectionist and to have her album come out even just two days before it's supposed to would stress her out :ohno:

đŸ–€

Squeeshy Keety

She was upset that someone would just spread her work that she's put years and her soul into on terms that weren't her own. She was excited to deliver us with her next step in her life, which was that of healing and growth. Instead it was shared without her, making it a less personal experience between her fans and her

Sales don't really play into it and rarely do with Gaga

They / Them đŸłïžâ€đŸŒˆ

JustaMonster

Maybe she was just excited for the release date and wanted to enjoy it with everyone but since people were listening to it early it kind of ruined the moment for her.

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

Reality

Honestly, this part of the documentary broke me. I was one of the people who listened to it early—it leaked a week early by the way—and even though at first it doesn't seem like a huge problem, it's blatantly disrespectful to the artist. Also, Gaga's a perfectionist, and she just wants things to go as smoothly as possible. It's very understandable. What is she suppose to do? Just accept it? No, if I was an artist and my record got leaked, I'd be mad too. Plus, this album was extremely personal, and people were spreading it and sharing it with little to no regard for what she thought. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Honestly, this part of the documentary broke me. I was one of the people who listened to it early—it leaked a week early by the way—and even though at first it doesn't seem like a huge problem, it's blatantly disrespectful to the artist. Also, Gaga's a perfectionist, and she just wants things to go as smoothly as possible. It's very understandable. What is she suppose to do? Just accept it? No, if I was an artist and my record got leaked, I'd be mad too. Plus, this album was extremely personal, and peopel were spreading it and sharing it like it with little to no regard for what she thought. 

I mean Im not gonna lie I listened and downloaded the leak as well but I also pre ordered it on iTunes and bought it at Target, I didn't think listening to it a day or two before the release would really be that bad. I think it does stem from just her wanting to have everything go perfect this era and it didn't exactly but nothing will ever go 100 percent the way you plan which sucks. I just wish she wasn't that hard on herself about it. She makes music for her fans to enjoy and we all love the album. And I hope she knows that. 

Reality
Just now, Eros92 said:

I mean Im not gonna lie I listened and downloaded the leak as well but I also pre ordered it on iTunes and bought it at Target, I didn't think listening to it a day or two before the release would really be that bad. I think it does stem from just her wanting to have everything go perfect this era and it didn't exactly but nothing will ever go 100 percent the way you plan which sucks. I just wish she wasn't that hard on herself about it. She makes music for her fans to enjoy and we all love the album. And I hope she knows that. 

It's just disrespectful. I mean, if that's the case, then why didn't she just release it as soon as possible. I'm sure she had things in place and a lot of other stuff we may not know about, but it's just disrespecful.

Plus, from a buisness standpoint, even though people did buy the album even after listening to it, I'm sure she still lost sales cause if you have the album already, I mean, then you really don't need to buy it.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

BELINDA POP

I'm never listening to anything that leaks from now on... so FFT actually did educated us on how true artist feel about their work. Gaga in this case 

GypsyBabe

I felt so badly during that part of FF2 (even though I didn't download Joanne illegally). 

It's theft. But more importantly, it's emotional thieving. 

Its stealing away an artists gift to their fans as well as the ability to present it in the way that they want. It cheapens the whole experience of the album. Imagine working for years on a gift for someone, and then a week before you're set to gift it, someone steals it and shows everyone. :ohno:

⚯͛

giskardsb

Of course it hurts sales don't be delusional.  Pop fans are killing their own industry via illegal downloading. Of all the genres pop is the most expensive with expected high end videos and expensive staging.  Illegal downloading hurts existing stars and also prevents second level stars from emerging. 

tellemhone

I wonder what happened to that store in Belgium that started selling it early. I hope they got fined or smth :nails:

:air: :air: :air:

I was so proud of myself when I saw the doc since I held up to the day when my physical CD arrived home to have the very first listen. It was such a worthy and classic experience for me :sis:

PartySick
57 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

I felt so badly during that part of FF2 (even though I didn't download Joanne illegally). 

It's theft. But more importantly, it's emotional thieving. 

Its stealing away an artists gift to their fans as well as the ability to present it in the way that they want. It cheapens the whole experience of the album. Imagine working for years on a gift for someone, and then a week before you're set to gift it, someone steals it and shows everyone. :ohno:

The guilt :cryga:

Spoiler

Though I bought Joanne several times after, gifted all but two, and bought tickets to the JWT so I think I've paid my dues :gaycat:

đŸ–€

Archived