💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The First Sucessful K-Pop Band Crossover?

Yuuri

Featured Posts

Will BTS be the first K-pop act to successfully crossover into the states?

02-BTS-kpop-artist-visit-march-2017-bill

Their newest single,DNA, is set to debut at #85 on the Hot 100, making them the 2nd K-pop act EVER to achieve this. So will it Rise or will it fall? Not to mention that they made K-pop history, with them being the first act to break into the Top 10 on the Billboard 200.

Maybe, but I soemwhat hope not. But most BTS fans I see are absolute *ssholes. I’ve seen many attack Lady Gaga and little monsters for no reason other than because they’re “western”

I've been hoping for more K/J-Pop to cross over into America. With their Grammy win, I think it may happen.

I love BTS and they definitely deserve the recognition cause they're all truly talented:firega:. But the Kpop community honestly believed 2NE1 was to be the one :selena::selena:

YourCureness
25 minutes ago, 2NE1bae said:

I love BTS and they definitely deserve the recognition cause they're all truly talented:firega:. But the Kpop community honestly believed 2NE1 was to be the one :selena::selena:

until YG fvcked it all up for us BJs. 

I hope so :selena: I LOVE THEM SO MUCH and their new mini album is AMAZING start to finish :diane:

1 hour ago, gabeoz said:

Maybe, but I soemwhat hope not. But most BTS fans I see are absolute *ssholes. I’ve seen many attack Lady Gaga and little monsters for no reason other than because they’re “western”

Some of them truly are as*holes but the boys are super nice so i hope they do fine. The interactions i had with other ARMYs was actually very good, there are TONS of LGBTQ+ stans and they're super cool about it and really like Gaga :hor:

ToxicHot

I hope so... I just recently discovered them myself (wasn't a K-Pop fan whatsoever), and I honestly really really like them. A lot. (Not just because they're all cute. :giggle:)

Their music may sound "Americanized"/"westernized", but honestly, that's what they need to crossover into the States, am I right? It's good music though. Very trendy and contemporary with heavy hip-hop/trap influences. A lot of their songs on their new album would be HITS here if they were in English and sung by someone like Justin Bieber or a One Direction member or maybe even Shawn Mendes. I was actually really surprised at how interesting and unique their image is. 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Reginald

:giveup:

Shook. 

I always thought Girls Generation, Wonder Girls, or 2NE1 (especially CL) would be the first K-Pop act to see mainstream recognition here. 

Jennie Kim

I like BTS but I think BLACKPINK will be the first group to crossover.

Archived