Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What do the Judas lyrics mean?

shmal96

Featured Posts

Particularly the bridge, I never understood it even tho it's one of my fav parts of the song :selena:

"In the most biblical sense, I am beyond repentance, fame hooker, prostitute wrench, vomits her mind. But in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense, Judas kiss me if offense, or wear ear condom next time"

Grigio Guy

The song is a metaphor between the story of Jesus and Judas and a relationship. Almost a struggle between purity and sin.

Religion is a product to sell.

Duella Dvil
4 minutes ago, shmal96 said:

Particularly the bridge, I never understood it even tho it's one of my fav parts of the song :selena:

"In the most biblical sense, I am beyond repentance, fame hooker, prostitute wrench, vomits her mind. But in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense, Judas kiss me if offense, or wear ear condom next time"

She's a sinner, she knows it. *Lists types of sinners* I do/say what I want. But in the sense of her impact with culture she hopes for a bright future where these "sinners" can have love and be themselves. Yall can kiss my ass, or plug your ears next time I talk

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Well in Christianity if you repent Jesus will forgive you doesn't matter how badly the sin. So in the most biblical way possible she is the closest to not being able to be forgiven if that makes sense. In the song Gaga is portraying Mary Magdalene who was considered a prostitute and wench. She was looked down upon in her era but now(the future) she is understood in a different light and she is considered just to be misunderstood. 

When Judas betrayed Jesus he kissed Jesus and that is believed to be the moment Satan entered him. And yeah ear condom it's like if you don't like what she's saying just don't listen I guess or it might be referring to when Simon Peter cut the ear of a servant in order to defend Jesus.

cool

DeanWinchester

Some of the biblical passages do not necessarily apply anymore to these days (i.e., about cutting your hair, circumcision etc) but fundamentalists continue to use them against people who are more liberated and Gaga knows she is liberated

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

actsleazy

i knew what the op was talking about only by reading the title :selena::poot:

💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖

In the biblical old boring sense

She's waaay beyond the repentance

She's working as a "Fame Strip House"  hooker

She's using a wrench by the company Prostitute

She's vomiting her brain, it's a rare condition, scary sh-t

In the sense of the culture, you know, everything now it's "culture" and people are offended if you judge it or use it.

She's speaking in Future English

A guy named Judas kissed her and it was offensive so she made a post about it on Facebook and everybody shamed Judas..

Judas also f-cked her in the ear and she got an ears STD so she tells you that it's better to put a condom and be safe.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

I love the line about the ear condom. That's one of my favourite lyrics from her.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

Sneaky Oliver

Here's my basic thought about it: "In the most biblical sense", as a woman who controls her sexuality,  ambitions and beliefs and as an artist herself, she should be punished or something, but, if we speak about the future, it's all about self-empowerment, so Judas better "protect" himself or take her as she is (with all her sins/flaws). She knows Judas is evil but she keeps coming back cause she wants to

I’m on my Legacy Act era

donutellha

"In the most biblical sense, I am beyond repentance, - according to traditional religious views, the things she does is sinful

fame hooker, prostitute wrench, - she uses her "sinful  (shocking) actions" to get fame in a very sexual manner 

vomits her mind.  - she isn't afraid to speak out

But in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense, - when talking about pop culture, she sets trends 

Judas kiss me if offense,  - and u will deal w/ it if you dont like it / or love her shiz

or wear ear condom next time" - or ignore her by "protecting their ears" 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

ryanripley
55 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

She's a sinner, she knows it. *Lists types of sinners* I do/say what I want. But in the sense of her impact with culture she hopes for a bright future where these "sinners" can have love and be themselves. Yall can kiss my ass, or plug your ears next time I talk

it's like you just translated a totally different language for me, that part of the song always had me confused :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

56 minutes ago, Jenina said:

Well in Christianity if you repent Jesus will forgive you doesn't matter how badly the sin. So in the most biblical way possible she is the closest to not being able to be forgiven if that makes sense. In the song Gaga is portraying Mary Magdalene who was considered a prostitute and wench. She was looked down upon in her era but now(the future) she is understood in a different light and she is considered just to be misunderstood. 

When Judas betrayed Jesus he kissed Jesus and that is believed to be the moment Satan entered him. And yeah ear condom it's like if you don't like what she's saying just don't listen I guess or it might be referring to when Simon Peter cut the ear of a servant in order to defend Jesus.

This! She was referencing the bible a lot here.

Thanks for clearing some things up!! Just more proof she's a lyrical genius with so many deep and hidden meetings :whitney:

1 hour ago, shmal96 said:

In the most biblical sense, I am beyond repentance, fame hooker, prostitute wrench, vomits her mind.

I believe the biblical sense is a metaphor for what the general population sees (as in sacred, set in stone, not to be trifled with). A lot of people believe those things about her.

1 hour ago, shmal96 said:

But in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense, Judas kiss me if offense, or wear ear condom next time

Cultural sense refers to professional music. Future tense refers to avant garde music. That suggests she's creating something new that only later the general population will understand.

The last phrase is just an insult to haters. She basically tells them to betray her and not interact with her anymore.

Archived