1. 1. Should LG6 be trendy or not?

• It should be more trendy
    • It should ignore trends

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtGagaPop

Maybe 1-2 trendy tracks just to help her on streaming while the rest is just what she wants to do and hope she starts another trend.

23 minutes ago, Doot said:

I could give two shits where it's trendy or not, as long as it's good and not hiding under a pink cowboy hat. :usrs:

Legit this though...

I hope she chooses a path and sticks to it. I think her strongest albums have that in common - for example with The Fame she clearly wanted success, thus, The Fame feels like hit, after hit, after hit. If her muse leads her to a sound that isn't popular, then she should follow through on that with no pandering to top 40 at all. Her fanbase got a jazz album to #1, and she was able to debut with #1 yet again despite her lead single bombing. She's in a unique position where her fans have her back.

Overall, I think it would be hard to pass up creating something full of catchy pop now that she's got more casual people on her side again. But, if she doesn't feel it, then she can just continue evolving, which is respectable and exciting in its own way. 

boyerased
1 minute ago, freebit said:

I hope she chooses a path and sticks to it. I think her strongest albums have that in common - for example with The Fame she clearly wanted success, thus, The Fame feels like hit, after hit, after hit. If her muse leads her to a sound that isn't popular, then she should follow through on that with no pandering to top 40 at all. Her fanbase got a jazz album to #1, and she was able to debut with #1 yet again despite her lead single bombing. She's in a unique position where her fans have her back.

Overall, I think it would be hard to pass up creating something full of catchy pop now that she's got more casual people on her side again. But, if she doesn't feel it, then she can just continue evolving, which is respectable and exciting in its own way. 

This. Oftentimes the complaints with her recent work is that she compromises and not fully committed to a certain direction. To a certain degree I agree with this. She always wants to do the opposite of what is expected of her, I hope she'll go all out with that.

28 minutes ago, LabCoatDude said:

I don't like it when she follows trends. But if she does, it just needs to be good and more creative. I liked The Cure. I just don't want her to go into that direction.

Excuse me? The audacity of shading Joanne and Million Reasons in here. :wtf: I mean, watch Gaga: Five Foot Two on Netflix again to see the craft that they were doing. The entirety of Joanne is better than most of the trendy sh*ts on radio right now.

It’s not a bad album, that’s not what I meant. I was simply being playful about not wanting another Joanne album. One was enough :classy:

Reality

I love The Cure, I really do, but I don't think it should follow trends. Gaga's know to think outside the box and I don't think that's going to stop anytime soon. 

Unlike some people, I don't think that her making an album that's more "on tread" will tarnish her artistic and creative integrity, and like I said, I love The Cure, an album like that would be great, but I personally don't feel like she'd enjoy it as much. Perhaps that's me making assumptions, but I don't see Gaga as someone who particularly thrives off of today's music. She seemed to really enjoy Joanne, and although the process making it was rough, I'd rather have that more authentic sound that stuff in today's charts. 

🖤👹

1 hour ago, paatmonster said:

shes the one making trends :reductive:

Americano started the Trop-house trend. Just Dance started the EDM trend.:reductive:

Arizona Sky

We'll get a little bit of everything. Knowing that she'll work with DJWS, we're definitely getting more pop bangers than Joanne, but I don't know if "trendy" is the right word.

I'm pushing for not trendy and scalping the GP for to make it trendy. Much like how she did each era except ARTPOP. 

Delulu Rogers

A little bit of both. More trendy than Joanne but not to the point people say she is basic. Regardless, I just want promo for the next album

Archived