💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's discuss Fibromyalgia as a discredited disease.

Swine

Featured Posts

As a dentist, I studied a bit of the disease at University. Mostly just criteria for diagnosis, but all of it was just too defuse. Recently I have discussed the disease with some of my colleagues, and the reactions were mostly laughs, essentially because the "diagnosis" of fibromyalgia is only dependent on symptoms that the patient has, and those symptoms can mean anything and everything.

2010%20Fibromyalgia%20Diagnostic%20Crite

Here's a very interesting article about fibromyalgia: https://www.painscience.com/articles/fibromyalgia.php. There is absolutely no real clinical test doctors can do to prove its existence. Since there's no real cause for it, there's no real treatment. I will just highlight the best parts from the article that I mentioned.

"Fibromyalgia is a label for an illness of chronic pain, fatigue, and mental fog that has no other explanation, a diagnosis of exclusion. The biology of fibromyalgia remains a mystery. There are intriguing theories only. Many professionals still assume it’s a psychogenic problem (much like migraines were until surprisingly recently). Many others now believe that fibromyalgia is a disease of neurological sensitization. Rheumatologists and neurologists often get “stuck” with fibromyalgia patients, but have no idea what to do with them unless they’ve taken a special interest in the topic. Alternative medicine has rushed into the medical gap with a dizzying array of crackpot cures *cof cof* like blood spinning and stuff like that *cof cof*.

PubMed reports 659 publications in the last 12 months relating to fibromyalgia. For those who are interested, there are 9,366 articles listed in the all the years that data are available. For 1990, the year the American College of Rheumatology 1990 fibromyalgia criteria were published, PubMed cites 95 articles. If you think that after all these years of research you and your patients are much better off, think again. A kind, conscientious physician treating a fibromyalgia patient in 1980 or 1990 will have done as well as the 2016 health workers with access to all of these new publications and expensive if not very efficacious medications."

What do you think? Anyone here with the "diagnosis" of fibromyalgia? Discuss, lovelies 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stefani Gaga

What is *cof cof*? :selena:

I’m A mEsS! sTaY aWaY fRoM mE, mY eIgHt PeTs AnD mY bLuE bIsCuItS, yOu FrEaK!

Gov Hooka

Yeah i also discussed this with my parents and sister who are both doctors and they said that it's kind of a joke and not taken seriously by a large majority of the medical field. Because it's seen as a psychosomatic symptom/illness, many doctors just call it fibromyalgia when they don't have a "real" diagnosis to come up with, and they just prescribe pain killers and suggest therapy.

It's kind of sad because I believe Gaga when she experiences that level of pain and needs to find some sort of way to deal with it. Idk... it sucks because it's not well researched enough and people don't even consider it a legitimate condition that's worthy of research.

Just now, Stefani Gaga said:

In the documentary, one of the procedures Gaga undergoes to treat her pain is blood spinning.

Gov Hooka
1 minute ago, Stefani Gaga said:

it's referring to the many treatments that Gaga is trying and applying. one physician i know loled at Gaga for talking about trigger point injections in the doc :madge:

Stefani Gaga
4 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

In the documentary, one of the procedures Gaga undergoes to treat her pain is blood spinning.

And so what is cof? :selena:

Edit: Ok I got it. :sweat:

1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

it's referring to the many treatments that Gaga is trying and applying. one physician i know loled at Gaga for talking about trigger point injections in the doc :madge:

Why?

Sometimes people say "cough cough" and then insert the word or thing they "aren't supposed to say" like it's under their breath. He's basically saying cough cough blood spinning cough cough cause the article talks about how that's not actually a great or new treatment, and that's what we just saw Gaga having done. Hope that helped @Stefani Gaga 

Gov Hooka
Just now, Katie14 said:

Why?

idk. I think it all goes back to how she thinks that it's not that serious... I found it rude because she doesn't see fibromyalgia as a legitimate condition 

13 minutes ago, Swine said:

Recently I have discussed the disease with some of my colleagues, and the reactions were mostly laughs

3 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Y’all got really rude doctor friends :selena:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Gov Hooka
Just now, gag said:

Y’all got really rude doctor friends :selena:

"educated" people are more often than not pompous and entitled in my experience

Stefani Gaga
5 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

See above 

See edit

Archived