I Just Bopped So HARD to AP. Why?

PMKKARDASHiAN

Featured Posts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
16 minutes ago, that juju said:

I love Joanne (and C2C) more than ARTPOP.

It's an amazing album though, and was at the time. It's just, a lot of fans were polarized by it for whatever reason, but the moment Gaga diverts her sound away from the dance floor with Joanne, it's as if the fans had an epiphany and finally appreciated what ARTPOP was all about. Now it's one of her most beloved works when in 2013 and even 2014, it was not.

I remember during the ARTPOP era, I would tell people that bashed it like crazy that they would appreciate it so much when the next album came... and I wasn’t wrong. The same will happen with Joanne but it’s not really hated all that much rn

4 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

I remember during the ARTPOP era, I would tell people that bashed it like crazy that they would appreciate it so much when the next album came... and I wasn’t wrong. The same will happen with Joanne but it’s not really hated all that much rn

I said the same thing! And lo and behold...

It's happened through-out her career. People appreciated The Fame Monster even more (shocking, right) after the release of Born This Way, and they appreciated Born This Way a lot more after the release of ARTPOP. And now it's ARTPOP's turn. Really just shows that a lot of the criticism these albums receive upon release has so little to do with the actual content of them, but more so that they didn't follow people's expectations down to their last nit-picking detail.

❀ x ❀

30 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

The Donatella love that I need put your hands up :tony:

Omg.  When I left the artRAVE concert, what stuck in my mind for days was when Gaga sang emphatically at the beginning of the course, Don-a-tell-a!   ....  That.   I can still hear that moment.  2:28 into this:  https://vimeo.com/100648495

I live outside the space time continuum.

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, Ronk said:

Omg.  When I left the artRAVE concert, what stuck in my mind for days was when Gaga sang emphatically at the beginning of the course, Don-a-tell-a!   ....  That.   I can still hear that moment.  2:28 into this:  https://vimeo.com/100648495

If I ever meet some named Donna or Don my immediate reaction is "DONNTELLAAAAA!" 

Battle 4 Ur Life

cause her albums are like wine and ARTPOP was always ahead of its time.

Jewels N Drugs sounds like 2017 radio

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

42 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

It's just ignored, not hated :sweat:

Delulu Rogers

ARTPOP was a great album and I do think people appreciate it more now looking back (as with anything) but personally, I still cringe at most of the lyrics and it's not as cohesive as it needs to be and to this day I still don't understand what her goal was with that album. 

LordEnigma
23 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

ARTPOP was a great album and I do think people appreciate it more now looking back (as with anything) but personally, I still cringe at most of the lyrics and it's not as cohesive as it needs to be and to this day I still don't understand what her goal was with that album. 

I think it might have been better realized if she had released Act II

Delulu Rogers
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

I think it might have been better realized if she had released Act II

Am I the only one who does't care for act 2? Let ARTPOP rest in piece lol. I can't see why people think it's a good idea to release act 2 when act 1 was...

joanoflark

i do believe that ARTPOP was ahead of its time, when it came out, i acted like a flop gay and didn't like it. now i bump my bussy so hard to it. there's genius splattered all over it. it's almost manic in the way that it is so loud and messy, like Gaga had a big ass demon inside of her that she needed to shake off, so she created ARTPOP. it's very cathartic and i think the performance with Millie Brown was a genius way to personify it, because ARTPOP is literally like colourful vomit that needs to get out because it's too nauseating to stay in. 

Archived