• Last Reply
sipthistea
6 hours ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

Hey Girl is #546 on iTunes US.

a HIT without promo

tumblr_owoe1fdjzZ1qby767o2_500.gif

Haters can sit down 

NIghtmareElm

This is awesome.  I think she's a great persona and i love Bodak Yellow.  Glad LWYMMD is still in the top 5.  Even happier than Despacito continues to fail.

Jewels n Drugs

FUUCK IT UP QUEEN IM SO PROUD

NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR MY PRESIDENT 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Lion Heart

Deserved

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

LateToCult
7 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I don't get how she can only be #6 on the itunes chart yet be #1. I know streaming comes into it but is it that huge? Is there a remix I don't know about? Anyway, I don't think the song is anything special, I don't know what people are getting so hyped about. Of all the female rap songs that would smash through, this is the one that does it? Depressing. And I totally thought that Iggy was the only rap female to have a #1. That's what I was led to believe anyway. Apart from Lauren, all those other women were features, then? To me, only solo should count.

Yeah, Cardi B's song has been dominating streaming while Taylor's has already started to decline. Also she's only the second SOLO female rapper to hit #1. Iggy had Charli XCX on Fancy, so she doesn't count. Also, Bodak Yellow is a good song. Far better than LWYMMD. 

drinkmytears
3 hours ago, Levine said:

Life is SO ironic: a little monster ended Nicki Minaj for good.

Loves it. 

Think you might've missed the English lesson on irony?

StrawberryBlond
20 hours ago, Werk said:

Maybe she's CURRENTLY #6 right now but during the hot 100 counting week she was at #1. I might be totally wrong :selena: Iggy also had a feature.

14 hours ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Yeah, Cardi B's song has been dominating streaming while Taylor's has already started to decline. Also she's only the second SOLO female rapper to hit #1. Iggy had Charli XCX on Fancy, so she doesn't count.

I count Iggy because she featured another woman on her song. For a song with 2 women on it (including one of them who was unknown in the US) to go #1 is a huge deal. If a track's got all women on it, it surprisingly doesn't always stand a chance of #1 (look at Bang Bang - and that only got to #1 in the UK due to pre-orders). It's so much easier for men to get #1's even if they don't feature anyone. The only thing that can seem to get a woman to the top is a male feature these days, so I put a female featuring another female in a different category.

Archived