Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

ALL Charts Discussion: Joanne hits 1/2 billion streams on Spotify

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ArtGagaPop
2 minutes ago, ghs said:

Oh please had PI been a hit everyone would love it here. Just deal with the fact that PI is one of the best songs on Joanne and was the perfect lead, too bad it didn't connect and there wasn't any promo for it.

If it didn't connect how was it the perfect lead? :poot:
I love the song to death but it took me like atleast 20 plays until i really digged it, i think the song was to much of a grower to ever become a big hit. Singles should sound good the first time unless you are lucky that the radio plays the song so much that you can't ignore it. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DennisConcert
4 minutes ago, ghs said:

Oh please had PI been a hit everyone would love it here. Just deal with the fact that PI is one of the best songs on Joanne and was the perfect lead, too bad it didn't connect and there wasn't any promo for it.

PI is a fantastic song. But the GP was not here for it. Sadly.. :(

3 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

yeah that would been amazing

1 The cure
2 MR
3 A-YO
4 Joanne
DH and Hey girl promo singles with videos 

:flutter:

Perfect! :hor: I would choose DIC instead of A-YO. But i think this could work :D

TwerkinLurkin
6 minutes ago, ghs said:

I dont think thats true I mean isn't Joanne above it on iTunes right now? People just don't seem to like PI for some reason 

1 minute ago, ArtGagaPop said:

If it didn't connect how was it the perfect lead? :poot:
I love the song to death but it took me like atleast 20 plays until i really digged it, i think the song was to much of a grower to ever become a big hit. Singles should sound good the first time unless you are lucky that the radio plays the song so much that you can't ignore it. 

Because there wasn't any song with lead potential...what do you suggest? If it was Million Reasons this site would burn her to the ground (ME INCLUDED), John Wayne and Diamond Heart streams show how poorly they would do. Dancin In Circles is too racy for radio. PI had was the perfect bridge to take us to her "new sound" it is the most Gaga song on the album, it has punch and it's edgy (maybe a little too much for the gp)

ArtGagaPop
2 minutes ago, TwerkinLurkin said:

I dont think thats true I mean isn't Joanne above it on iTunes right now? People just don't seem to like PI for since reason 

yep hey girl and A-Yo is also over it. PI had quite much promo with the video shoot and everything in the documentary but still those 3+MR ofc manages to sell more. It's not maybe hated but not liked either by the gp. 

SergenGokdag

Main question did they even work for Pi???

as you guys can see it was done deal for Superbowl even before Pi released

they layed on Superbowl and released this album. And didnt do much for Pi

i hope they will work for next lead as they did with applause , born this Way.

Diamond Heart 💎

YourCureness

I love PI. But that song is NOISY. A little fine tuning could have made wonders for the song. AYO should have been the lead. Catchy, not noisy, and a bop.

Charlotte Quinn
1 minute ago, YourCureness said:

I love PI. But that song is NOISY. A little fine tuning could have made wonders for the song. AYO should have been the lead. Catchy, not noisy, and a bop.

I 100% agree with you, Emma Stone.

shoulda coulda woulda

2 Macklemore - Good Old Days (feat. Kesha) 0.8507 0.7983

36 Lady Gaga - Million Reasons 0.1748 0.1703

slaying Canada!

28 minutes ago, ghs said:

She sang PI and MR on Carpool Karaoke, everyone was wondering what's the last song's name, no one asked about the first one...both had no promo at that time and MR wasn't even an official single back then!

so yeah it didnt connect :/ 

nswain1110

That's

17 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

That's a good way to put it - it just wasn't sonically pleasing to listeners. Whether you call it noisy or brash, or the way she screamed the chorus, it did not have the sonicalities of a hit song. As much as some of you may love it, it just didn't connect. I think in hindsight her team would agree that PI was not the perfect choice for 1st single. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

nswain1110

Been really stable all day!

US iTunes:

Songs:

#67 Million Reasons

#158 The Cure

#189 Joanne

Albums:

#8 Joanne

nswain1110

Joanne Spotify streams = 456 million :golfclap:

Should roll past 500 million by the end of the year

Individual tracks:

DH - 17.651    
AYO - 34.047
Joanne - 19.199
JW - 32.126
DIC - 19.759
PI - 98.205
MR - 148.089
SP - 15.274
CTM - 13.415
HG - 14.686
AD - 12.268
GG - 12.832
JAD - 10.672
ADWT - 8.083

Note: PI will definitely be her next (and 9th over all) track to cross 100 million! 

• PartySick pinned this topic
  • PartySick locked and unpinned this topic

Archived