Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

James L

Featured Posts

n0ne

Raw_(film).png

Raw = 10/10

I honestly loved it. Fans of indie/arthouse horror should definitely check this out. It's a french thriller drama that perfectly incorporates horror and comedic elements to tell a dark and different coming of age story.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"
  • Like 1

maxthewonderdog

Baywatch 2/10. This film managed to make both Dwayne and Zac unlikable. Only the supporting cast saved this from a 0 rating from me. Some truly cringe worthy moments.

Wonder Woman 8/10. Not a fan of these super hero movies, but this one was the best I've seen recently, mostly due to the two charismatic lead actors. The final 30 minutes however embodied what I dislike about these comic book films and knocked it back to familiar territory.

maxthewonderdog

Recall 0/10. I knew nothing about this other than it was an R rated horror/sci-fi film released in the Barco Projection gimmick (which I saw the last Star Trek film in.) Horrible. It was like a cheap SyFy Channel alien abduction flick with lousy acting, writing and direction. Wesley Snipes embarrasses himself in a featured role. I'm a huge fan of horror and sci-fi AND low budged BAAAD films, but this had NO redeeming qualities at all. The gimmick wasn't even utilized, it was just there with extra footage they must have had. Avoid it!

n0ne

MV5BNTdkZjM4OTUtNWNhNC00OTZkLTkxMDEtNTJl

I Love You Both = 9/10

A romantic comedy drama about fraternal twins that fall for and start seeing the same guy. The 2 leads are actual twins and wrote the film together. The male twin also directed and produced the film. Their real mother plays their mom in the film as well.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

maxthewonderdog

Rough Night 8/10. Hilarious comedy for those who like R rated raunchy flicks. The weak link is Scarlet Johansen. This was my first time seeing her in anything other than hosting SNL earlier this year. She's terrible. No comic timing, no screen presence, just dull all around. Luckily, she's surrounded by a great supporting cast who really bring it!

Pirates/Dead Men 7/10. I haven't seen any of the other Pirates films and this was entertaining enough. Not a bad way to spend two hours in a nice cool theater on a 100 degree day! It could have used more Depp and less of the new young male star. The female lead was great!

n0ne
1 hour ago, maxthewonderdog said:

It Comes At Night 7/10. Well acted and directed, but this is NOT a horror movie.

It's subjective.

Horror movies come in many forms, I think psychological, horror-thriller or horror drama works for this film.

• Like 1

n0ne

Rough_Night.png

Rough Night = 8.5/10

The kinda of movie that is good upon 1st watch but will probably get better after multiple viewings.

maxthewonderdog
On 6/20/2017 at 0:50 PM, lilmonster93 said:

It's subjective.

Horror movies come in many forms, I think psychological, horror-thriller or horror drama works for this film.

True! I'm a HUGE horror movie fan. I avoided all reviews and spoilers on this one because I wanted to experience it without any info. However, the only poster/ad I saw for this was a poster that had the tagline "The scariest horror film of the year" on it. In that regard, I was disappointed. It was very well done but not what I was expecting. Doesn't mean it's not a good movie.

• Like 1

maxthewonderdog
4 hours ago, lilmonster93 said:

Rough_Night.png

Rough Night = 8.5/10

The kinda of movie that is good upon 1st watch but will probably get better after multiple viewings.

I saw it a second time and it was even better. I'm upgrading my rating from 8 to 9/10. I could see myself paying to see it again. First time it was a small crowd. Second viewing it was a packed theater who were laughing hysterically throughout. The cast are incredible and I even warmed up to Scarlett this time. I still think she's the weak link though.

• Like 1

maxthewonderdog

Beatriz At Dinner 9/10 Salma Hayek is incredible in this. John Lithgow and Connie Britton are also excellent.

The Book of Henry 10/10 Totally engrossing and unforgettable. The entire cast (especially Naomi Watts) were totally believable.

Edited by maxthewonderdog
Punctuation
  • Like 1