Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

James L

Featured Posts

Haroon

Zootopia ('Zootropolis' here for some reason) 10/10

BLOODY AMAZING! It had such depth to it that I really didn't expect but boy was I blown away. Makes you really think and keeps you engaged throughout. One of the best Disney movies I've ever seen, really gets your cogs turning and quite eye opening as well. Very relevant to what's going on nowadays :applause: 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2016 at 5:00 PM, Haroon said:

Zootopia ('Zootropolis' here for some reason) 10/10

BLOODY AMAZING! It had such depth to it that I really didn't expect but boy was I blown away. Makes you really think and keeps you engaged throughout. One of the best Disney movies I've ever seen, really gets your cogs turning and quite eye opening as well. Very relevant to what's going on nowadays :applause: 

I was disappointed to see it didn't have a thread here :giveup: There are so many parallels to prejudice today and in the past, and it does such a good job of discussing issues like intersectionality and how even good people can have damaging beliefs. Not to mention it was gorgeously animated and pretty funny. Disney really outdid themselves with this one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
n0ne

220px-Hardcore_%282015_film%29.jpg

Hardcore Henry = 9/10

The 1st action movie filmed entirely in pov. It lives up to the hype and is able to rejuvenate the action and sci-fi genre in a sense. The plot is kinda cliche and predictable but still enjoyable but the special effects, action sequences, filming style and soundtrack/score are great and makeup for the plot. The acting is also good and the script is quirky and refreshing.

It's a revenge flick about a bionic man, so it's a staple for fans of sci-fi action films.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Ambrosia

50 Shades of Grey (free HBO trial) - 3/10

It was awkward, forced, not sexy at all, and I can now understand why some were saying it was more like abuse than a fetish.  The ending was horrible, left it wide open for a sequel but both actors (who had no chemistry), said neither one wants to be in the sequel. 

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

• 2 weeks later...

X-Men: Apocalypse - 9/10

Everyone don't be fooled by the reviews. In its latest installment not only was the focus on characterisation maintained but action also was at the forefront (a rarity in the x-men series compared to other comic book movies). Mystique and Magneto aren't carrying the film by themselves so it was nice seeing new characters have their moments. Sophie Turner as young Jean Grey was the best possible casting ever. She excelled in her role and after the initial "omg I can't unsee Sansa Stark" she wrapped the character around herself easily and made it her own. Apocalypse is formidable but doesn't quite live up to godhood in my opinion.

In conclusion, don't dismiss it because of bad reviews. I'm a huge fan of x-men but I also enjoy the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I can't see why x-men is so bad while the MCU is "zomg best movies in the history of the universe". They're entertaining comic book movies. And I can say Apocalypse was extremely entertaining and served its purpose. Maybe the middle act could have been slimmed down a bit but other than that hell yes it's an amazing movie. The prologue alone is worth the price of admission!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
avalon x

Ghostbusters - 9/10

I'm not actually a fan of the franchise but I'm a huge fan of the cast and I expected nothing less from them. The movie had an amazing ending.. the fight scenes were really badass and the movie was interesting throughout, it had bits of comedy, some action scenes and even some jump scares but their timings were right that it didn't feel like a random mix of genres. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it tbh and I might watch it again in cinemas. I'd recommend it to anyone who's into these kinds of movies or likes anyone from the cast or at least liked the trailer.. because the movie's a lot better than the trailer, imo.

• Like 1

n0ne

220px-The_Invitation_%282015_film%29_POS

The Invitation = 9/10

Great suspense thriller. The acting was great, especially the lead; the direction was beautiful and plot was engaging, especially the ending which I didn't see coming.

220px-Holidays_film_poster.jpg

Holidays = 8.5/10

A horror anthology film composed of 8 holiday segments. Though they are all directed and written by different people there seem to be cohesion besides the holiday theme. Though none of them were particularly scary, their creepiness and atmosphere prevailed, along with their interesting plots; even if a lot of them didn't really make sense or go too in depth.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
SMILE2NE1

Boyhood: 9/10

Boyhood_film.jpg

Slayed me on another level, had me thinking about my life - growing up and coming of age. It also made me think of the struggle of parents to live for their kids. The movie has a unique concept - filmed over 12 years, it is filmed as the protagonist and main actors age with the movie centred around a young boy growing up. 

The soundtrack is 10/10

• Like 1

The Surrealist

Y_tu_mam%C3%A1_tambi%C3%A9n_poster.png

It's a coming-of-age movie. I think it was funny, VERY sexy and the ensemble was very charismatic.

I didn't like the narration.

8/10

crisTEAne

nco-header.jpg?resize=560,369

091516-nocturnal-animal-lead.jpg?itok=ex

four words: amy adam, tom ford OR art, love, sex, murder. go and watch it, NOW! 8,5/10

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
NIghtmareElm

Moonlight: 10/10. Moonlight is one of the best films I have ever seen in my life. No film this year has come close to being as good as Moonlight. A true and rare cinematic masterpiece. A once in a few years film. There are no flaws. It's a perfect film that deals with struggle of a man's true self. This is far from a gay film. It doesn't rub anything in your face. It truly shows how harder it is to be a black man that is gay. There are no preachy moments only moments of beautiful wisdom. Even though the film is never preachy or corny, it still doesn't shy away from anything. Each actor's performance is fantastic. There is no robotic acting and no over acting. Each actor gives the a realistic performance and the natural chemistry bounces off each other, you will forget you are watching a movie. Each shot is photographed with such vivd and striking colors. The director is a master of storytelling. I don't think this is romance film. More of a coming of age story. If Moonlight doesn't win any Oscars, I will be genuinely shocked and disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

220px-Closet_Monster.jpg

Closet Monster = 9/10

A gay coming of age drama with suspense and art house elements. And some humor and quirk.

The acting is great, the cinematography is fantastic, the mood and tone are intriguing, and the script is well written. Not to forget the plot, which is engaging; there isn't a boring moment in the movie.

• Like 1

On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Miker said:

Jurassic World 

8/10

The first 1/2 hour was so predictable. As for action and suspense there is enough to keep someone interested in the movie. It doesn't rival the original one which was great.

I actually prefer JW to the original