💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Gaga Ever Lip-Synched?

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch

c'mon even Michael Jackson lip synched. If she hasn't done it already, she's going to at some point.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bloody g
On 9/25/2017 at 12:21 AM, TimisaMonster said:

The super bowl intro was prerecorded in a studio and she lip synced...

Yes but it was also pre recorded so it wouldn't have been live either way. She doesn't sing while recording music videos either but that doesn't count as lip sync.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

ChromaticaPunk

the fact we're asking this question means she doesn't do it enough to matter anyway.

48 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Judas on Ellen 2011

edit: actually no just rewatched it.

Omfg. Only the preview was replaced with the studio track due to copyright. Here's the original, OBVIOUSLY sang live with loud backing vocals, you even hear her make a wrong note durring the "Oh woah, I'm in love with Judas".

59 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

The intro was live singing. They shot it 2 days before the actual performance ON the roof. 100% live singing. Not studio backing

No, the whole thing was pre recorded, how would the vocals from the intro and "live vocals" be perfect fit together live?

36 minutes ago, August3 said:

c'mon even Michael Jackson lip synched. If she hasn't done it already, she's going to at some point.

Omg, Micheal Jackson is Micheal Jackson, Lady Gaga, is Lady Gaga, she's never going to lip sync (nor has she ever have), she's a New York Italian, in her mind, it's almost a sin to lip sync, and if you think about it, it kind of is, you're LYING to people that you can sing, lying being one of the 3 worst sins. But let's get the religious stuff out of the way, she won't ever lip sync XD

Regina George
On 9/24/2017 at 11:46 PM, Whispering said:

We have this thread every month.

The answer is...and always has been...NO! 

Actually she did and the answer is YES! 

Few first dates of Art rave she lip synced to “Paparazzi” - not whole performance tho. Also SB intro was prerecorded in the studio, then she lip synced it for prerecording on the roof again. She also lip synced at few Poker Face/Just Dance and LoveGame performances in 2008-9. 

But it’s totally okay, everyone does it. We just need to be realistic and not delusional. Lots of love.  

Chromatislaps
1 hour ago, August3 said:

With good reason,..due to laryngitis (inflamed vocal chords) he could not sing most parts of the HIStory tour(1996-97), and during Dangerous tour (1992-93) he lipsynced the songs with heavy choreography. During the last big televised concert "30th Anniversary of MJ's carreer" in 2001 he sang everything live. Adele also suffers from inflamed vocal chords if strained too much. In the end vocal chords are muscles as well :lolly: In the end it's about whether the entertainer can actually do the entire performance right...and lipsyncing if done convincingly can be tolerable. 

AlexanderMagno

Her backing vocals are so loud that they sound like lipsync. And claiming they are just backing vocals is a lame excuse to be honest.

I understand she uses it because she dances her ass off on stage and most times she is breathless, but I'd rather have her quiet singing her heart out. I remember the BTWBall was most of the times backing vocals.

I think she has changed though. Although I haven't seen her live for the Joanne World Tour, I think her backing vocals nowadays are not as loud as they used to be. I hope so.

Catnikko
44 minutes ago, DCgaga said:

No, the whole thing was pre recorded, how would the vocals from the intro and "live vocals" be perfect fit together live?

That =/= lip syncing tho? She was live singing it when it was recorded, she wasn't on camera live at the superbowl lip syncing to the pre recorded version, she was hanging off the ceiling waiting to come down :toofunny:

Actual patient

Just now, Unbeweavable said:

That =/= lip syncing tho? She was live singing it when it was recorded, she wasn't on camera live at the superbowl lip syncing to the pre recorded version, she was hanging off the ceiling waiting to come down :toofunny:

Well yeah, I forgot to clarify that. She sang the intro live while recording it, then they played the intro with the live vocals that they recorded on there. Btw what does =/= mean? XD

Catnikko
1 minute ago, DCgaga said:

Well yeah, I forgot to clarify that. She sang the intro live while recording it, then they played the intro with the live vocals that they recorded on there. Btw what does =/= mean? XD

It means 'does not equal' 😺

Actual patient

17 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Actually she did and the answer is YES! 

Few first dates of Art rave she lip synced to “Paparazzi” - not whole performance tho. Also SB intro was prerecorded in the studio, then she lip synced it for prerecording on the roof again. She also lip synced at few Poker Face/Just Dance and LoveGame performances in 2008-9. 

But it’s totally okay, everyone does it. We just need to be realistic and not delusional. Lots of love.  

No, it was all live, just the backing vocals were WAY too loud! 

Fort Lauderdale: If you listen closely you can hear her singing the high harmony at 5:42... not lip syncing XD

Uncasville: CLEARLY singing with the backing track, you can tell at 1:57 XD

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived