ūüéł ūüé§ ūü§ė JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW ūü§ė ūüé§ ūüéł
politics

German Federal Election 2017 [RESULTS]

Featured Posts

OliverViennese   Paws Up 866
OliverViennese

Bundestagswahl-2017-Wahl-Wahlwerbung-178

Today 61,5 million people were allowed to cast their vote today, to vote for parliament and by that ultimately who shall be chancellor for the next four years.

Angela Merkel the current chancellor of Germany may be reelected. According to polls her party, the CDU will likely get most of the votes.

The SPD and their candidate Martin Schulz will very likely be the second strongest force and could possibly form a coalition with the CDU like they did the last four years.

Behind these two parties it looks rather tumultous, as there are four different parties who can hope for a rather similiar amount of votes. Thos are Die Linke, FDP, B√ľndnis 90/die Gr√ľnen¬†and the¬†AfD. What's rather unusual is, that two of those parties (FDP&AfD) did not enter the parliament last election and now have the chance to become third strongest force.

EDIT:

Results:

CDU/CSU bei 33,0 %

SPD 20,5 %

AfD 12,6 %

FDP 10,7 %

Linke 9,2 % 

Gr√ľne¬†8,9 %

Others 5,1 %

voters turnout is at 75 %

Edited by OliverViennese
  • Like 4
https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

Luc   Paws Up 3,158
Luc

Even without the AfD, German parliament will be a lot more right-wing because of FPD and CDU/CSU being the big winners too... that's sad. Are the chances of a red-red-green coalition gone?

benKo   Paws Up 1,551
benKo

I already can feel the german meltdowns, when the prognosis is published in 7 hours. I hope the CDU and SPD can't get 50% together, that's gonna be funny...:selena:

The internet and this thread is gonna be a mess.

OliverViennese
13 minutes ago, Luc said:

Even without the AfD, German parliament will be a lot more right-wing because of FPD and CDU/CSU being the big winners too... that's sad. Are the chances of a red-red-green coalition gone?

I lowkey agree with you on this, although the FDP is not traditionally "right wing", however Christian Lindner said some populist bullcrap to get votes. I can't stand them to be honest - always saying something different to stay relevant.. :reductive: 

I believe so. But like - the chances of a red-red-green coalition were never really there, were they? They had enough votes in 2013 but still failed to form this coalition, as some SPD members view Die Linke as a party too extreme to form a coalition with. (MESS imho) 

Edited by OliverViennese
  • Like 2

Popo   Paws Up 2,820
Popo
18 minutes ago, benKo said:

I already can feel the german meltdowns, when the prognosis is published in 7 hours. I hope the CDU and SPD can't get 50% together, that's gonna be funny...:selena:

"haroon can't be so messy"

*looks at username*

oh

got me again

• LMAO 2

tthen   Paws Up 2,030
tthen
37 minutes ago, benKo said:

First the UK, now Germany :selena: 2016-17 will definitely go down as quite something :toofunny:

Betty White>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone

Supersonic   Paws Up 22,567
Supersonic
52 minutes ago, benKo said:

In the end it won't matter, √úberhangsmandate will ensure that CDU/SPD form a 51% majority of the parliament seats even though they did not get 50% overall together. :sis:

This biggest problem is the AfD continuously becoming messier and openly adapting more and more Nazi rhethorics & policies. And how they surged from 7% to 13% because of that.

And what boggles my mind completely is that they're not stealing the votes of the traditionally conservative parties, they're stealing the votes of disappointed moderate leftists (seen in the loss of the Greens and SPD).

Edited by Supersonic
  • Like 3
Majestic, the future is electric.

OliverViennese
1 hour ago, benKo said:

30 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

In the end it won't matter, √úberhangsmandate will ensure that CDU/SPD form a 51% majority of the parliament seats even though they did not get 50% overall together. :sis:

Yeah, it's not really likely that CDU/SPD could not form a coalition that is able to govern. They need 300 of 598 seats and will most likely get around 350, so yeah.. The results might get messy, but not this messy... :bon:

Spoiler

I hope I'm not going to eat my words. :toofunny:

Edited by OliverViennese

JE SUIS SAINT   Paws Up 239
JE SUIS SAINT

@OliverViennese¬†unfortunately, you've still not replied¬†ūüėŹūüėČūüėú

Edited by JE SUIS SAINT

Melech   Paws Up 5,964
Melech
1 hour ago, Luc said:

Not a chance that its going happen. The most leftist possible coalition would be CDU/CSU and the Green party

• Like 1

Melech   Paws Up 5,964
Melech
1 hour ago, tthen said:

First the UK, now Germany :selena: 2016-17 will definitely go down as quite something :toofunny:

I don'T think we will able to do something UK like. 

• Like 4

tthen   Paws Up 2,030
tthen
5 minutes ago, Melech said:

I don'T think we will able to do something UK like. 

Let's just hope that nothing happens :pray:

Melech   Paws Up 5,964
Melech
Just now, tthen said:

Let's just hope that nothing happens :pray:

its the first time national forces will get into the parliament, but you have that in every country. 

On my way to vote now, though :sis:

• YAAAS 2

tthen   Paws Up 2,030
tthen
1 minute ago, Melech said:

On my way to vote now, though :sis:

Go try to prevent Germany from ****ing up :lolly: (knowing that no one on this cult site plans to vote AfD :selena:)

Melech   Paws Up 5,964
Melech
Just now, tthen said:

Go try to prevent Germany from ****ing up :lolly: (knowing that no one on this cult site plans to vote AfD :selena:)

@benKo wants too :rip: