💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Vice: "How Lady Gaga Captured America's Queer Imagination

Bad Monster Kid

Featured Posts

Bad Monster Kid

Found this interview on vice.com with the director of Gaga: Five Foot Two and Bobby Campbell. It's a great read. Not sure if it's been posted yet. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/j5ggbb/how-lady-gaga-captured-americas-queer-imagination

Interviewer: The montages in the film take the viewer through the different iterations of Gaga's career. How conscious or un-conscious have those new identities been for her?

Bobby: From my perspective, it's this weird clash of being totally intentional in every little detail while also being completely authentic to who and where she is at that time. With Joanne for instance, people talk a lot about it being her coming back to her roots. But her roots aren't from the country. She has family from West Virginia, but her roots aren't there. She was born and raised in New York City. But at that time, who she felt like as a woman happened to be just that.

I think that from the very beginning—whether it's her in some crazy outfit or just a jeans and T-shirt—she's always managed to express what she's feeling. Each generation of her career becomes a cloak or shield she uses to relate to the world. And what I love about this film is that you get to learn a bit about all that. There's always a reason behind everything she does. For her, it's not always intentional. It's her revealing who she really is.

He8MyHeart

"In it, we see Gaga exit a recording studio and head toward an idling Escalade. She's overtaken by a horde of screaming fans. Suddenly, a quick cut montage of Gaga exiting studios, airplanes, and concerts throughout her career flashes by."

Such an amazing scene. It made me nostalgic.

Frivolero

"Some scream a syncopated "Ga! Ga!" while others invoke the popular "Slay, Gaga!" And there's always one screaming "Mama! Mommy!" "

I can't omg the last one 

ryanripley

"VICE: This documentary didn't start off as this big, expansive project, right? It was initially supposed to be recording her in the studio? 
Chris Moukarbel: Right. It wasn't going to be this big portrait of her as a person. We approached this as a casual thing—her process in the studio and all that. I think that's what helped her get on board, too. From my perspective, it was always going to be a lot more than that, but that was my own private agenda. I didn't know if we were going to be able to take it there."

this is interesting, is this why the making joanne series stopped because they realised the doc could be so much bigger?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

6 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

"VICE: This documentary didn't start off as this big, expansive project, right? It was initially supposed to be recording her in the studio? 
Chris Moukarbel: Right. It wasn't going to be this big portrait of her as a person. We approached this as a casual thing—her process in the studio and all that. I think that's what helped her get on board, too. From my perspective, it was always going to be a lot more than that, but that was my own private agenda. I didn't know if we were going to be able to take it there."

this is interesting, is this why the making joanne series stopped because they realised the doc could be so much bigger?

oh no :toofunny: at least we need a couple episode of makin joanne with hey girl(full) or DIC... that's enough :giggle:

Spoiler

but it's okay tho if they don't release it :giveup:

Little little

ryanripley
Just now, gstring said:

oh no :toofunny: at least we need a couple episode of makin joanne with hey girl(full) or DIC... that's enough :giggle:

Reveal hidden contents

but it's okay tho if they don't release it :giveup:

i'm pretty bummed because i'd loved a video for every song :giveup: but i'm grateful for 5F2 :hor: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i'm pretty bummed because i'd loved a video for every song :giveup: but i'm grateful for 5F2 :hor: 

:tony:

Little little

Archived