💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Grandma Germanotta Uncomfortable w "Joanne"?

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

CanadaGoesGaga

I got something so different,  you never get over losing a child. I felt like she was stoic but you could see the pain in her eyes, she is trying to be the strong woman she always has been, but you could tell it was hard for her to listen to. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Cowboy
On 9/23/2017 at 2:21 PM, Edonis said:

Her grandmother didn’t seem to have an issue with Gaga tributing Joanne, I think the problem was that she didn’t want her to dwell upon it since it was so long ago. Gaga mentioned this as well early on in the album campaign. 

PunkTheFunk
On 23/09/2017 at 4:54 PM, VOLANTIS said:

“Are you ready to hear the song Grandma?”

“It’s just low quality because it’s on my phone”

“Tap down those boots while I beat around let’s funk downtown” 

“whoops..”

This made me cackle out loud in front of my family

Gagaloo911

I think you're reading too much into it tbh. She definitely enjoyed and liked the song, she just doesn't want Gaga to get too involved with it and becoming overly emotional about it. 

As Gaga said, Italians are straightforward, if they want to tell you to fxck off they will with no hestitation, if she was bothered, im sure the song and the concept wouldnt have been released.

Losing a child is the most intense thing that can happen to a person, and it changes you, it changes the way your emotions work and how you react to things, for some, it makes them weak, it makes them sensitive, for others, it turns you into a shell, a mask that covers the pain, an apparent strength (and this tends to happen when you have others that depend on you, like Joe, who as we know, was really affected by the loss, as her mother she had to put that mask on)

This is the kind of situation where "till it happens to you" fits perfectly, we shouldnt judge her, we barely know anything about her, we dont know how she feels and how shattered her heart and soul are.

IvyInferno

My boyfriend's reaction was "Oh she's cold, cold like some grandmas can be". 

I don't think she was uncomfortable, otherwise I guess they would have just cut off the scene to avoid any weird reactions from the watchers :gaycat:

Archived