💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's Help Gaga on Gold Derby

OnionGirl

Featured Posts

OnionGirl

In case you guys don't know, Gold Derby is a big American awards prediction and entertainment news website. A lot of their predictions for the Oscars, Emmys, Grammys and Golden Globes end up being correct. Critics/experts/editors make these predictions over there, as well as anyone who's a Gold Derby user (you can register for free here: http://www.goldderby.com/member-register/). This site is pretty known and I'm sure some important people/actual Grammy voting members check it to see who's the front-runner for each category and stuff, so let's all sign up and put Million Reasons/Joanne in our predictions. Her chances of being nominated can increase for real.

"The 60th Annual Grammy nominations won’t be announced until November 28, 2017, but you can now enter your predictions here at Gold Derby in three of the top four general field categories: Album of the Year, Record of the Year, and Song of the Year — keep an eye out for Best New Artist, which we’ll be adding in the coming weeks.

What do you think? You can make your initial predictions now (http://www.goldderby.com/leagues/), and update them as often as you like between now and November 28, when the nominations are unveiled.

Be sure to make your Grammy nomination predictions so that Hollywood record executives and top name stars can see how their songs and albums are faring in our Grammy odds."

But let's not be stupid and put Joanne and Million Reasons as the top choices for AOTY and ROTY respectively, for example (we all know they're not), you can put them as your 2nd runner-up or something (that's good already). Otherwise they would realize Gaga fans are flooding the site. Feel free to put Million Reasons as the top choice for SOTY, though. That's a way more realistic prediction.

Just like we are helping the documentary on Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb by giving it good scores, we can help Gaga on Gold Derby too and give her even more visibility for the Grammys. What do y'all think? :classy:

WildAmerican

SOTY could really happen.:excited2:

MR is seriously one of my favorite songs of all time, it deserves it so much.

Predicted: Joanne and MR #5 for AOTY and ROTY and #1 for SOTY 

Mirages
2 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I think 'Praying' will snatch our noms :grr:

Praying might get a Pop Vocal but it certainly is not getting SOTY, the song is less known then MR.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mirages
Just now, Uncle ARTPOP said:

I think Joanne has "best pop vocal" in the bag.

Ed is in the same category and the grammys eat him up like a cupcake :saladga: I wouldnt be sure Gaga wins it, but she has a chance.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

OnionGirl
21 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

I'll put Joanne and MR as my first choice for everything just to bump them up :reductive:

I actually don't mind :bon:

OnionGirl
8 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

They were 90% sure that TIHTY will win that damn Oscar. Imma pass on this :lolly:

We need to make sure Gaga is nominated first, though :lolly:

Some of you guys clearly don't understand goldderby....having stans make Gaga lead in the predictions won't effect the actual nomination outcome in anyway. Also it'll kinda tarnish the purpose by purposely spamming Gaga trying to get it to top prediction. Excuse me no all you want, but this is a terrible idea.

SlayGagaloo
4 minutes ago, OnionGirl said:

We need to make sure Gaga is nominated first, though :lolly:

She's definitely getting a nomination 

For her upcoming single produced by RedOne :lolly:

Over.

OnionGirl
18 minutes ago, tthen said:

Some of you guys clearly don't understand goldderby....having stans make Gaga lead in the predictions won't effect the actual nomination outcome in anyway. Also it'll kinda tarnish the purpose by purposely spamming Gaga trying to get it to top prediction. Excuse me no all you want, but this is a terrible idea.

Gurl, I even said in my first post for people not to put her as a top choice for AOTY and ROTY so they don't realize it's Gaga fans spamming.

It's all about giving her exposure, of course this can help. A random critic could be seeing the predictions on the site and wonder "oh, so a lot of people are thinking Gaga could be nominated for these categories. Maybe she actually has real chances and blah blah blah."

Just like a person can be even more encouraged to watch a movie after seeing it with a good score on MC/RT or completely give up on watching it because of bad reviews. Believe me, a lot people are influenced by what others think.

4 hours ago, OnionGirl said:

Gurl, I even said in my first post for people not to put her as a top choice for AOTY and ROTY so they don't realize it's Gaga fans spamming.

It's all about giving her exposure, of course this can help. A random critic could be seeing the predictions on the site and wonder "oh, so a lot of people are thinking Gaga could be nominated for these categories. Maybe she actually has real chances and blah blah blah."

Just like a person can be even more encouraged to watch a movie after seeing it with a good score on MC/RT or completely give up on watching it because of bad reviews. Believe me, a lot people are influenced by what others think.

Oh bitch sorry...thought you were spamming her. Something's up with me then :selena: Yep completely got your point now just dismiss my comment.

OnionGirl
26 minutes ago, tthen said:

Oh bitch sorry...thought you were spamming her. Something's up with me then :selena: Yep completely got your point now just dismiss my comment.

It's fine. :hug:

But see, even Gold Derby itself talks about what I said:

"Be sure to make your Grammy nomination predictions so that Hollywood record executives and top name stars can see how their songs and albums are faring in our Grammy odds."

Archived