Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Takeway From Gaga 5F2...

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

I’ve read a lot of the comments on here regarding 5F2 and also the ever-continuing commentary for “more visuals, more TFM, more bops, more fashion, more choreo....” and I can’t lie and say I don’t want some of those things also. 

However, after seeing 5F2 my entire view of Gaga and expectations for her have changed. We see a woman that is in EXCRUCIATING pain daily, and continues to do interviews, perform, make music, plan her era, not to mention have a life. She says “I don’t want to get to the point where I’m ‘Lady Gaga’ again” (or similar) and I really think that level of fame (TFM-BTW) really threw her for a loop and she didn’t like it. Her body literally broke because of ignoring the pain and working so hard for the industry. (One scene before the PI video shoot you see her staring off thinking and then she says “Three years....” she possibly was thinking how long she’s been dealing with the pain?)

Now I think she is just focused on making music she wants to make, releasing the visuals she wants, and putting on a damn good show for her fans. 

So I don’t know about anyone else but I am going to try to just enjoy what Gaga puts out and be more open minded because after all, it’s her career, not ours. Not everyone is going to like what she puts out but I feel more strongly connected to her than any other artist so I am going to support her no matter what. She has shown she puts aside her personal life, her comfort (being in chronic pain), her quality of life, etc. JUST to continue doing what she loves and attempting to give fans what they want. 

Going forward, I will take what Stefani gives us and just go with it. Because she fights everyday to keep going and inspires me to overcome any obstacles that come my way. 

(Thanks for listening, if you’re still awake after my ramble!)

:selena:

Yes, I found myself feeling far more grateful for everything she does, knowing how much pain she is in. I just hate how something so horrible and debilitating has happened to one of the most caring, kind and charitable people in the world. It doesn't seem right. But hopefully she genuinely does get the right medical treatment this time and can manage her pain going forward. She has so much to offer and it would be a travesty if this pain continued to affect her career to the point where she couldn't perform at all. :(

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

If I recall correctly, the “I don’t want to get to the point where I’m ‘Lady Gaga’ again” was in reference to her creative direction for Joanne... she wanted to strip down her visuals because that's what the album is meant to be. If she just wore high/crazy fashion then it's disrespecting the record. 

Archived