💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Buzzfeed: Why The "New" Gaga Never Took Off

AJK273

Featured Posts

LordEnigma
7 hours ago, iCpro said:

Buzzfeed was voted the least trusted news source in America, Gaga remains unbothered :classy:

When Fox News exists? :toofunny:

But I hate Buzzfeed so much. They have no credibility and make dumb ass articles.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

"Aside from Joanne leaking early, there is no real failure in this film." Seriously? They can **** off. 

đŸ–€đŸ‘č

9 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

I don't think they should have done a Katy breakdown moment, but they dedicated a good chunk of of the doc on her promoting PI (including her saying she's gonna fight to get people to like her material), and filming the music video. I thought they would also include her take on how the single was received. I mean, like it or not, her lead single underperforming is still an important part of the Joanne era story. 

I think the MR scene was important because it was one of the last scenes shown in the doc and it was definitely used as a moment to tell the viewer that Gaga was back on top. Why include it at all if that's not what they were going for?

Let's establish that the underperformance of the single was addressed, though very subtlely, through the things I've already mentioned. Even the fact that the doc didn't include any positive feedback of the song was already a statement in itself. What I'm gathering is, though you say you're not, you expected a whole fiasco over it. The doc didn't give you that, but also didn't rob you of the essence of that. Also, how would a comment from her about PI chart performance would help her cause? Do you want to watch her defend herself and her material and how it didn't deserve any of that, or see her defeated and admit that it wasn't the right choice?

I think they included MR going #1 because it was an aftermath of the Superbowl, much like her hugging her parents, being emotional with Natalie, and so on. They were literally shown in succession. Also, if they were trying to show the viewers that Gaga's back on top, again, don't you think they'd do more? She has two (?) albums in the top 10 the following week, endless praise coming from practically everybody. But did they do that? Uhm 

LateToCult
4 minutes ago, jinko said:

Let's establish that the underperformance of the single was addressed, though very subtlely, through the things I've already mentioned. Even the fact that the doc didn't include any positive feedback of the song was already a statement in itself. What I'm gathering is, though you say you're not, you expected a whole fiasco over it. The doc didn't give you that, but also didn't rob you of the essence of that. Also, how would a comment from her about PI chart performance would help her cause? Do you want to watch her defend herself and her material and how it didn't deserve any of that, or see her defeated and admit that it wasn't the right choice?

I think they included MR going #1 because it was an aftermath of the Superbowl, much like her hugging her parents, being emotional with Natalie, and so on. They were literally shown in succession. Also, if they were trying to show the viewers that Gaga's back on top, again, don't you think they'd do more? She has two (?) albums in the top 10 the following week, endless praise coming from practically everybody. But did they do that? Uhm 

No, stop trying to imply that I need to see her admit to failing. What I'm trying to say is that the documentary paints a misleading picture of what the Joanne era actually was. You and me can both see the five second clip of like three people saying they didn't like the song and say, "oh, they're referring to PI not being well received," but the gp isn't going to come to the same conclusion. What they see is Gaga releasing a song that people have mixed feelings on, but must be part of this great comeback because it leads to her getting a number 1 album and then she gets to do the super Bowl and it's all so great when it comes to her commercial performance. That's one if the stories Chris is telling in the documentary, which isn't entirely true. 

The whole point of my first post was to acknowledge that Buzzfeed did have a valid reason to criticize the documentary (like it or not, they do), but overall their review is just another article written by someone who just doesn't get Gaga. I apologize if I didn't make the second part clearer but I didn't know that agreeing with one part of a bad review of Gaga meant that I want to see her screaming at the top of her lungs about her shortcomings.

4 hours ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

The whole point of my first post was to acknowledge that Buzzfeed did have a valid reason to criticize the documentary (like it or not, they do), but overall their review is just another article written by someone who just doesn't get Gaga. I apologize if I didn't make the second part clearer but I didn't know that agreeing with one part of a bad review of Gaga meant that I want to see her screaming at the top of her lungs about her shortcomings.

Sounds about right. Don't let them get to you. Just think how much effort must have gone into coming up with the title alone. These lot wouldn't have written an article at all if there was any truth to their assertions.

bitchimtrying
16 hours ago, AJK273 said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/pdominguez/what-the-lady-gaga-documentary-leaves-out?bfsource=bbf_enau&utm_term=.nbV3x5zG8#.be9mzyB3E

Buzzfeed did a review of 5F2 and all I have to say is..... really binch :saladga:

They basically criticised her for not including and "failures" in the film and tore her for using her "personal self" as a promotional tool.

Read the article and see what you think.

Im personally just confused as to how she is supposed to show failure when she is selling out stadiums on a world tour :trollga:

They Just posted a new review. Buzzfeed is messy, messy, messy. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/how-lady-gaga-finally-let-us-in?utm_term=.saPNQ7DJAQ#.npQOlY5dNl

IllusionLover

How much modonna fans payed Buzzfeed to do this??

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

blackcoffee
5 hours ago, bitchimtrying said:

They Just posted a new review. Buzzfeed is messy, messy, messy. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/how-lady-gaga-finally-let-us-in?utm_term=.saPNQ7DJAQ#.npQOlY5dNl

I wasn't just gonna post this. This review reads positive. 

They also posted this https://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/how-amy-winehouses-death-haunted-the-lady-gaga-documentary?utm_term=.hqQVXYKYRp#.hqQVXYKYRp

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

This article made me so angry I am literally seething in bed. This entire documentary was a raw portrait of a battered and broken popstar. While I wouldn’t say “failure” is what Chris was going for (and by the way, the fact that “Pier” was seeking failure should show his subjectivity right there), there is an undeniable misanthropic feel to the entire film. When she was talking to Bobby about the negative correlation between her relationships and success and how she’s alone, that was the most raw a pop star has been portrayed in one of these docs. Not sure if BuzFeed read the hate in the comments but they have another article which is much more accurate and just kinder. Don’t give this douche anymore hits. Read this one. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/how-lady-gaga-finally-let-us-in?utm_term=.srv4vrgVaQ#.srv4vrgVaQ

Archived