đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did 5F2 change your perception of Gaga?

Slayer

Featured Posts

For me, it didn't. I think this documentary was made more for people who aren't die-hard fans, because as a monster it wasn't particularly eye-opening or groundbreaking. She came across as a lovely, kind, sincere and relaxed person who could sometimes be fierce and fiery when she needs to be. But we've always known this about her. We've seen enough interviews and behind-the-scenes videos to know who she really is when she "takes off the wigs". 

I think this will be quite an eye-opener to the average Joe, though. Because of her larger-than-life persona and her outlandish depiction of herself in the past, I think a lot of people expect her to be a diva, or a holier-than-thou bitch. Which obviously couldn't be further from the truth. But I think this documentary will show her very differently to people who have created an idea of who she is in their minds.

The one thing that did kind of strike me as interesting was that her 'normal speech' when talking to friends is very scatty and disordered... almost like there are too many thoughts going on in her head and she can't arrange them in the right way. It's very different to her usual interviews, which I guess have 'stock answers' and the obvious question/answer dynamic that perhaps makes it easier for her to organise her thoughts. Don't know if anyone else thought this way?

Would be interested to know if this doc changed your perception of Gaga.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did find the part where Bobby was coaching her interview and telling her what points to hit very interesting. 

Especially that she didn’t even want to do the interview. Explains why her interviews always seem more or less the same during a single release. And kinda eye opening that we never really know how she’s feeling. 

It changed a little bit yeah. I'd say my perception expanded more than changed. I mean I knew sort of her life and how she felt about things, but not as deeply and succinctly as it was portrayed in this film. 

I'd say this documentary mostly made me appreciate Joanne the album more than ever before. It's really something special when put into the context of her life. It really is the most personal & authentic album from Gaga yet. 

The body pain thing caught me somewhat by surprise when we learned of it in the trailers. I had no idea she was struggling every day. I think it made me more patient. Like if she doesn't put out anything new for 5+ years but is happy and healthy with her family I would have no issues with that. I just appreciate her more for what she's done and don't have any expectations of her. 

DiscoHeaven23

I realized she still cares about the public's opinion more than I thought she did. Really envisioned her not giving a F*ck good or bad now. But when she feared her fans would be mad that she wasn't dressing crazy, or her jubilation that MR was #1 on iTunes after the SB it was evident she does. Honestly, this made me like her more cuz it reminded me of her in younger years. I wanna see that she cares and this film showed that

sass bonbon

It's a very beautifully edited piece. Been a fan since The Fame so I dont think my perception changed :icega: I just thought she would address epione for some reason lolol. I loved it tbh! The tooth gap madonna joke took my everything. Wth.:ladyhaha:

bbhmm

GypsyBabe
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

I did find the part where Bobby was coaching her interview and telling her what points to hit very interesting. 

Especially that she didn’t even want to do the interview. Explains why her interviews always seem more or less the same during a single release. And kinda eye opening that we never really know how she’s feeling. 

I noticed this and found it interesting too. She really didn’t want to do press. But I wouldn’t either, tbh. 

⚯͛

GypsyBabe

My perception of her didn’t change necessarily, though I feel more connected to her and her music now. :wub:

⚯͛

ryanripley

i didn't change much for me however it did make me realise the reality of her chronic pain and her hip, seeing how many times she had to lay down and have someone bend her leg like that to help "loosen" it, i think?

this doc is really for the GP instead of the fans, we pretty much knew most of what was going (except the making of joanne) and they just gave us some little extra details into it

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

how could it not, it's really eye opening in terms of what it's like being that famous and what goes on behind the scenes. She's never seemed more human than here.

MonsterOfSpain

It didn't but I honestly didn't know she struggled so much with her pain and has been doing so for 5 years... I didn't know she was in pain that often, so now I appreciate much more her work and how much effort she puts in doing incredible stuff even when she's in terrible pain or feeling anxiety or any of that sort. She really is the hardest-working artist I know.

Neight Shayde

Not really? It solidified all of my (good) thoughts about Gaga, her manager, and their seemingly unbreakable bond.

migamiga

It definitely did. To me, it humanized her. Obviously I understood she's a real person with family and a life outside of "Lady Gaga" but it was never in my conscience. But after watching this I feel like I really got to know her as a person and just how much stress and anxiety she goes through. 

It didn’t make me think “less” of her but I definitely look at her a bit differently. I think it was important to give insight to why the fashion and over the topness changed. I think she understands that now. 

I feel a bit more understanding and closer to her, because she seems more real. 

Also, now we know that Million Reasons is about Taylor :duck:

Letmelivemylife
30 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I realized she still cares about the public's opinion more than I thought she did. Really envisioned her not giving a F*ck good or bad now. But when she feared her fans would be mad that she wasn't dressing crazy, or her jubilation that MR was #1 on iTunes after the SB it was evident she does. Honestly, this made me like her more cuz it reminded me of her in younger years. I wanna see that she cares and this film showed that

She'll always care what her monsters think because we're a huge part of her and to her nothing beats making her monsters happy. To quote the documentary "my fans are my heart and soul". 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Enceladus

I will never listen to an album before it's out. It made me so sad, that she was so proud of Joanne and then everything leaked. That was kind of eye opening for me...

Archived