Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

5F2 Important Points & Thoughts

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Just finished watching the documentary! First of all, here are the points that stuck out the most to me.

*Crazy-Ga is over. As Gaga said, she can never fully bring back "Lady Gaga." Personally, I'm fine with this - when she was super-"GAGA" she was made fun of my some - but I hope she stays somewhere in the middle. Gaga says she can't go back to being crazy, otherwise Joanne would lose it's significance. I don't think anyone in this cult site wants her to start wearing muppets and meat again, but we all love the high fashion and glamour.

*The Joanne aesthetic was an attempt to change the glamorous image of the past 10 years - she was "tired of it". However, later, she states that she still loves "high fashion" so it's safe to assume the next era has a possiblitiy to be glamour/high fashion.

*Gaga really wants to make what we want. She seemed worried that we wouldn't like Perfect Illusion, but her stylist assured her that we would. It makes me happy that she at least considered that fans wouldn't like Joanne and seemed reluctant to fully go along with it.

*She still somewhat cares about success. She was happy when MR went #1 and was very upset when her album was leaked. And although playful, she did care about Joanne being in a walmart.

*The Halftime Show is the peak of her career, according to her. Kinda made me sad.

*Gaga is a woman now. She considers the part of her career until Cheek to Cheek to be when she was a "girl", and now she is a "woman." Also made me sad thinking about how we're about to witness a different, mature woman than the one we discovered 10 years ago, but at the same time, the "girl" gaga had her flaws too.

Overall, the documentary was kinda weird seeing this new Gaga talk about her career, the past 10 years, selling millions of records. It feels like the old and new gaga are far too different, especially seeing Halftime Gaga right after Joanne studio gaga. I still wonder if Gaga cares about making a huge comeback or being mainstream again, but it's hard to tell. It was also weird seeing her mentality behind Joanne and her thinking about whether we would like it. I always assumed she didn't give a **** and wanted to put out whatever she wanted. 

My wishes : I wish the documentary extended further to John Wayne, Coachella, The Cure. I also wish more footage of her planning the halftime show was added, like how they came up with the setlist or the idea behind the roof-jump. Finally, I wish there was a sense of closure to the story being built, with all the pain, the stripped down aspect, the new direction she's going in. I just wish she somehow tied up those ends instead of cutting it off and going straight to the halftime segment. But overall... I Loved it!!!

EDIT : Im not exactly sure how to feel on the "new gaga". Im still confused whether she cares about sales or selling "10 million albums" or if she even wants to, because she did acknowledge her previous success and shockingness in the docu. Obviously people are gonna come for me and say "sales dont matter", but they do - Im sure gaga wants to have more impact and longevity because she was quite sad thinking about Halftime being the end of her career. Its already quite sad to me that she thinks she's fading away, and that after Halftime, "what is there to do?" 
My guess is that the next era is gonna be very Gaga again; maybe The Fame Monster minus the absurdity and shock value, just glamour. In the end she was trying VERY hard to get us to like Joanne and my guess is that she is smart enough to know exactly what kind of music most of us want - pop, disco, industrial, synth, what she was known for. After all the docu even says its "what made her famous", surely she knows we want it again.

gagasgrande
4 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

but we all love the high fashion and glamour.

but she said "not that i don't love that. i love that" also she wore crazy-ga dresses during the joanne era :awkney: 

retrosexual123

Yes completely agree... I enjoyed it, I thought it was beautifully made BUT it does mark and does confirm that OLD Gaga (or just Lady Gaga in general) is dead... meaning she is way past the outfits, the shocks, the fame... 

I worry though because I don’t know if Joanne/Stefani will be able to reach and touch as many people around .the world. It kind of makes you think that Lady Gaga wasn’t really much of Stefani but more a creation of her team at the time. In this documentary it’s like she’s a different person... 

and i’m fine with that, as long as she’s free, genuine and happy...

ApplauseftAdele
2 minutes ago, gagasgrande said:

but she said "not that i don't love that. i love that" also she wore crazy-ga dresses during the joanne era :awkney: 

I know, mentioned it later in the post. Also I think there is a line between crazy-ga and glamour ga. Glamour-Ga is beautiful with high heels and sexy or flashy dresses, crazy-ga is almost fashionable to the point of being ugly, ALWAYS over-the-top, enough to make headlines just on how absurd it is. I dont think any outfits during the Joanne era were really over-the-top.

gagasgrande
Just now, ApplauseftAdele said:

I know, mentioned it later in the post. Also I think there is a line between crazy-ga and glamour ga. Glamour-Ga is beautiful with high heels and sexy or flashy dresses, crazy-ga is almost fashionable to the point of being ugly, ALWAYS over-the-top, enough to make headlines just on how absurd it is. I dont think any outfits during the Joanne era were really over-the-top.

yeah, sorry i commented too fast :selena: i agree w that, even tho i would love if she would do that again. one can hope :hor:

Another Bad Kid

I’m really happy she said she still loves “high fashion and glamour”. The Joanne era was fun and refreshing but a reintroduction of old crazy-ga would feel forced and desperate. A new era with glamourous, beautiful, over the top fashion would be amazing. 

FameHookah

She still loves being crazy and high fashion tho, have you seen the JW MV? Even some JWT outfits are very old school gaga :)

She just needed to strip down for a moment so people can see and apreciate the real person/talent, behind the meat and wigs, WISE career and personal move if u ask me.

Now if she will make a comeback to full Gaga pop idk, she is in so much pain but The Cure is kinda a good sign? Maybe she'll go into that route or Maybe ASIB music will be like that (based on some leaked snippets)

WTF is MDNA

Great review, but I think by the time Coachella and JW happened, the project was already in post production. Also I feel like closing off with the halftime show was a great ending since it shows that she finally reached that point in her career. Coachella was fun and all, but it definitely isn't as iconic as THE halftime show.

ryanripley

i don't like to think of it as "old gaga" and "new gaga", she's always been the same but the "old gaga" just had a lot of wigs and make up and outfits clouding the woman she's always been :oprah: 

joanne was an era that was going to happen no matter how her career went imo but i have no idea what to expect in her next album since she hasn't totally written off dance/pop music

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Free My Mind
55 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Just finished watching the documentary! First of all, here are the points that stuck out the most to me.

*Crazy-Ga is over. As Gaga said, she can never fully bring back "Lady Gaga." Personally, I'm fine with this - when she was super-"GAGA" she was made fun of my some - but I hope she stays somewhere in the middle. Gaga says she can't go back to being crazy, otherwise Joanne would lose it's significance. I don't think anyone in this cult site wants her to start wearing muppets and meat again, but we all love the high fashion and glamour.

*The Joanne aesthetic was an attempt to change the glamorous image of the past 10 years - she was "tired of it". However, later, she states that she still loves "high fashion" so it's safe to assume the next era has a possiblitiy to be glamour/high fashion.

*Gaga really wants to make what we want. She seemed worried that we wouldn't like Perfect Illusion, but her stylist assured her that we would. It makes me happy that she at least considered that fans wouldn't like Joanne and seemed reluctant to fully go along with it.

*She still somewhat cares about success. She was happy when MR went #1 and was very upset when her album was leaked. And although playful, she did care about Joanne being in a walmart.

*The Halftime Show is the peak of her career, according to her. Kinda made me sad.

*Gaga is a woman now. She considers the part of her career until Cheek to Cheek to be when she was a "girl", and now she is a "woman." Also made me sad thinking about how we're about to witness a different, mature woman than the one we discovered 10 years ago, but at the same time, the "girl" gaga had her flaws too.

Overall, the documentary was kinda weird seeing this new Gaga talk about her career, the past 10 years, selling millions of records. It feels like the old and new gaga are far too different, especially seeing Halftime Gaga right after Joanne studio gaga. I still wonder if Gaga cares about making a huge comeback or being mainstream again, but it's hard to tell. It was also weird seeing her mentality behind Joanne and her thinking about whether we would like it. I always assumed she didn't give a **** and wanted to put out whatever she wanted. 

My wishes : I wish the documentary extended further to John Wayne, Coachella, The Cure. I also wish more footage of her planning the halftime show was added, like how they came up with the setlist or the idea behind the roof-jump. Finally, I wish there was a sense of closure to the story being built, with all the pain, the stripped down aspect, the new direction she's going in. I just wish she somehow tied up those ends instead of cutting it off and going straight to the halftime segment. But overall... I Loved it!!!

EDIT : Im not exactly sure how to feel on the "new gaga". Im still confused whether she cares about sales or selling "10 million albums" or if she even wants to, because she did acknowledge her previous success and shockingness in the docu. Obviously people are gonna come for me and say "sales dont matter", but they do - Im sure gaga wants to have more impact and longevity because she was quite sad thinking about Halftime being the end of her career. Its already quite sad to me that she thinks she's fading away, and that after Halftime, "what is there to do?" 
My guess is that the next era is gonna be very Gaga again; maybe The Fame Monster minus the absurdity and shock value, just glamour. In the end she was trying VERY hard to get us to like Joanne and my guess is that she is smart enough to know exactly what kind of music most of us want - pop, disco, industrial, synth, what she was known for. After all the docu even says its "what made her famous", surely she knows we want it again.

I feel like you misinterpreted the part about full gaga can never return. I feel like she was referring to the fact that her team were asking her to take it up... and she was saying, she can take it up but she can never take it up as far a full 'lady gaga', because it wouldn't be right for this album... understandably.

edit:

I went back and got the quote:

'i know we want to elevate everything, I'm trying to elevate everything... but like, I can't elevate it to the point where I become Lady Gaga again, yeah because then it's like why even, why make this record?'

as in the whole point of the record is to show a more personal harrowing side to her, the side that she needed to show to do herself justice... so to elevate that and become full 'lady gaga' again this era would defeat the purpose of doing such a personal album and letting everyone in like that

LGMonster95

Overthinking about what she said is really bad, especially with Gaga you just never know, she has been "Crazy-Gaga" or creative this era too, even after her Super Bowl 

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Overthinking about what she said is really bad, especially with Gaga you just never know, she has been "Crazy-Gaga" or creative this era too, even after her Super Bowl 

exactly, she's constantly surprised us this era and even the GP, i wouldn't bother tying to predict her

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

LGMonster95
Just now, ryanripley said:

exactly, she's constantly surprised us this era and even the GP, i wouldn't bother tying to predict her

This fanbase is like ALWAYS misunderstanding her, I'll rather just wait and see what she's doing than predicting all the things she does.

JustaMonster
1 hour ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Its already quite sad to me that she thinks she's fading away, and that after Halftime, "what is there to do?" 

I don't think its that sad. She seemed sad at first thinking about it and then someone told her "Your albums are number 1 all over the world. You're going to be in stadiums performing for the rest of your life" and you could see in her face that she was thinking "huh you're right". Honestly I think its amazing that she even performed in the superbowl because it is an opportunity that many artists bigger than her never get to have and she ****ing killed it. I can't wait to see what she will do in the future 

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

Archived