💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Did you knew that "Five Foot Two" is also a song?

AAAAAAlice

Featured Posts

AAAAAAlice

"Five Foot Two (Eyes of blue)", also know as "Has anybody seen my gal" is a song from 1925 written by Ray Henderson

from wiki:

"Has Anybody Seen My Gal?" was a popular song of the 1920s, first recorded by The California Ramblers in 1925, on their self-titled album The California Ramblers. The simple, four-verse song remained popular during and after World War II and has endured as a representation of 1920's culture and of the experiences of a soldier coming home after an extended military stay. The song has been covered by many artists, including Mitch Miller and actress/model/designer Milla Jovovich in a cover called "Has Anybody Seen My Girl?", and was used as the theme song for The Ina Ray Hutton Show in the 1950's. Because songs of that era were often passed on and performed without being truly recorded, there are conflicting sources on who originally composed "Has Anybody Seen My Gal?", as the song went through many adjustments and had lyrics and verses added or removed several times. Some sources credit Percy Weinrich (music) and Jack Mahoney (lyrics) as writing the song in 1914, but for the song in its most popular form, credit is given to Ray Henderson (music) and two lyricists - Samuel M. Lewis and Joseph Widow Young - usually credited with writing the version that was recorded by The California Ramblers in 1925

The lyrics talk about a man trying to find the woman of his life, saying that if anyone see her with fur and jewelry it isn't her, because in a subjective way these things are just a disguise for the real person she is.

A nice parallel with Gaga!

The song starts at 1:08 because it has a looooong intro

Five foot two, eyes of blue
But oh what those five foot could do
Has anyone seen my gal?

Turned up nose and turned down hose
Never had another beau
Has anyone seen my gal?

Now if you run into five foot two covered with fur
Diamond ring and all those things
Bet your life it isn't hers
Could she love could she woo
Could she love could she coo
Has anyone seen my gal?

Five foot two, eyes of blue but oh what those five foot could do
Has anyone seen my gal?
Now if you run into five foot two covered with fur
Diamond ring and all those things
Bet your life that it wasn't her

Could she loving could she coo
Could she could she woo
Has anyone seen my gal?

I've listening to Maroon 5 since I was 13.

Not The Real Gaga

Didn't know that

Broke my hip because I thought it would be a new special Gaga song to celebrate the release of her docu

JustaMonster
30 minutes ago, artBlockedT said:

ew it's so "ancient"

Old songs like this are so cute :hor:

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

Anveeroy
41 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

And I can't even watch the documentary... just becuase it's on Netflix

It's on torrent :ph34r:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Archived