đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does GaGa listen to todays artists?

Oscar

Featured Posts

We all know she's heavily influenced by the classics but how open is she really to music from all generations? Wood it benefit her art to take some notes from todays artists?

Obviously im not talking about the basic artists but It might not be such a bad thing for her to get some ideas from Miley or kesha or even Adele or marina. Not to copy them but to be inspired by them

I think she’s aware of her peers and what they’re putting out in pop music (Beyoncé, Bruno, The Weeknd, Rihanna, Katy, etc.) BUT I don’t think she’s even aware of these newer artists very much at all unless her team or someone brings her attention to it. And it certainly doesn’t affect her music, nor do I think it would really benefit her to try to mimic their sounds. 

1 minute ago, gordo said:

Ideas from Miley? 

oka.gif

Just for the sake of future replies, the artists I mentioned are not important. Feel free to substitute them for anyone new you think is good. 

I wanted to put ed on here but chose to leave him out for obvious reasons

Miracle
13 minutes ago, Oscar said:

We all know she's heavily influenced by the classics but how open is she really to music from all generations? Wood it benefit her art to take some notes from todays artists?

Obviously im not talking about the basic artists but It might not be such a bad thing for her to get some ideas from Miley or kesha or even Adele or marina. Not to copy them but to be inspired by them

But their new albums are basically watered down Joanne remakes.

I don't want her to take ideas from top 40 pop stars. Born This Way delivered a lot of alternative-leaning tracks and Joanne had its fair share of electro-rock, folk and country. 

Gaga has never released music to please the top 40. Never (The Cure wasn't promoted, it was just a gift to the fans) and I don't want her to do it now.

I want Auras, Perfect Illusions, Sinner's Prayers, Diamond Hearts, Sexxx Dreams, Bloody Marys and all the amazing **** she puts out, not an urban-pop track to get a top 10 on the Hot 100, especially if it's as bland as new Demi, Ariana, Selena, Rihanna, Dua Lipa, Mars, Ed,  etc releases

2 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I think she’s aware of her peers and what they’re putting out in pop music (Beyoncé, Bruno, The Weeknd, Rihanna, Katy, etc.) BUT I don’t think she’s even aware of these newer artists very much at all unless her team or someone brings her attention to it. And it certainly doesn’t affect her music, nor do I think it would really benefit her to try to mimic their sounds. 

Not really mimic just inspired. 

I like how kesha has the most original sound with some of her songs on rainbow and no one used autotune the way she does

LordEnigma

Kesha's new album is basically Joanne :toofunny:

Marina? She released an album like 4 years ago.

Adele is great but her name is what sells her albums.

But yes, I'm sure she listens to today's music just like us. I think she just gravitates toward artists in the past because she's more of an old soul.

KleinGa

Honey today's artists are being inspired by her. Look at Kesha's album and Miley's album, both being literally Joanne 2.0. 

She doesn't need to take notes from them when they're taking notes from her :classy:

Miracle
Just now, KleinGa said:

Honey today's artists are being inspired by her. Look at Kesha's album and Miley's album, both being literally Joanne 2.0. 

She doesn't need to take notes from them when they're taking notes from her :classy:

Don't you dare to compare Miley's bland album with Joanne. Kesha's Rainbow seems to be nice but Miley's...

LordEnigma
Just now, ashae said:

giphy.gif

I'm not. I love Kesha and the new album but to deny the influence of Joanne....

The album is about pain and healing and has a country vibe to it...

That is exactly Joanne lmao

Archived