💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Born This Way's Revenge

PartTimeCatdad

Featured Posts

PartTimeCatdad

titled "A look back at Lady Gaga’s misunderstood masterpiece"

Born This Way is today remembered by critics to be a misstep in Gaga’s career, and the start of a downward descent that she’s still yet to fully recover from. Yet listening back half a decade later, it’s clear that the album is Lady Gaga’s most ambitious musical project to date, as well as a poignant reminder of the media’s power to create and subsequently break down an artist’s reputation.

Problems persisted in the build-up to the album’s eventual release date. The human-motorcycle cover was branded a joke by fans and critics alike, (tbt:selena:despite visually encapsulating the fusion of flesh and metal that defines the album soundscape.

What’s fascinating is that Born This Way has aged remarkably well. The songs still sound as fresh as they did when it came out, and despite the lack of any obvious pop juggernauts, the album still stands as the best in her back catalogue. Looking back, it seems bizarre to see the myriad positive reviews as the album campaign was overshadowed by its controversy; her tour injury is largely credited as the moment that things began to go awry, making the 2014 press backlash inextricably linked to her persona around Born This Way. In fact, the album campaign sparked a wave of negativity that Lady Gaga has only just managed to shake off with the release of Cheek to Cheek, a collaborative jazz album with Tony Bennett, a handful of award show performances, and a starring role in American Horror Story. It also proved that Gaga was perhaps too human to live up to the artifice she had constructed around herself; if anything, the NME interview belied a series of distinctly human traits that showed she perhaps didn’t care too much for the studied fame that she had eventually achieved. Finally, her career trajectory shows that the mainstream media is still largely baffled by high-profile women outside the ‘pretty pop girl’ box; with her ‘ugly’ facial prosthetics Gaga was branded weird, over-ambitious, and ‘too gay’ for the mainstream. It may well be the case that she’ll never reach the heights of “Bad Romance” again, but it may also be the case that she doesn’t particularly care.

dazed better stan :whitney:

listening back now, what do u guys think of btw ?

More @ http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/31300/1/a-look-back-at-lady-gaga-s-misunderstood-masterpiece

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"... and despite the lack of any obvious pop juggernauts..."

TEOG, Hair, Judas, Born This Way, Marry the Night, Scheiße:

tenor.gif

Dazed got it all right and I'm glad, they actually helped me understand the album cover too. Still don't like how many fillers the album has but still her first solid record :gaycat:

perfect record

I just wished the album cover was better

these 2 were better for an album cover, they even scream ICONIC

gaga1.png1427196021_346933_1427196441_noticia_nor

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

1 minute ago, HANZ said:

perfect record

I just wished the album cover was better

these 2 were better for an album cover, they even scream ICONIC

gaga1.png1427196021_346933_1427196441_noticia_nor

the second one is a fan made though

3 minutes ago, Curunir said:

"... and despite the lack of any obvious pop juggernauts..."

TEOG, Hair, Judas, Born This Way, Marry the Night, Scheiße:

tenor.gif

Ikr, especially Scheiße. Everybody I know who has heard that song has said Scheiße is an amazing song and they can't stop singing it. Still haven't forgiven Interscope for not releasing it. 

As for the OP, I find it ridiculous that some people still don't consider the BTW album to be a masterpiece. It's incredible and it took over the world. So. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

MaybeKermit

ugh, I always get so emotional when I think about BTW.. 

Truly her best album... Hope she will get back to this dark sound

SHALLOW
12 minutes ago, PartTimeCatdad said:

titled "A look back at Lady Gaga’s misunderstood masterpiece" 

You mean ARTPOP, right?

DeanWinchester

I always thought the album cover was alright. And didnt the album also get a similar review last year?

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

17 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

what?

it's an official pic from the photoshoot

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

monsterdino
19 minutes ago, kevindjibouti said:

mess sis that was TEOG's single cover

The-Edge-Of-Glory-CDS-Germany-cover.jpg

Archived