💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift is New Sylvia Plath!

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

It is in the refrain, though, that Swift identifies herself most confidently as one of Plath’s risen women. Echoing the Lady Lazarus with nine lives who asserts, “Dying/Is an art, like everything else/I do it exceptionally well”, Swift recounts, “But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time/Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time.”

Both women acknowledge the rapacity of public interest in their lives. Swift’s 2014 singles “Blank Space” and “Shake It Off” satirise the media portrayal of her as “a girl who’s crazy but seductive but glamorous but nuts but manipulative”, and Plath’s "Lady Lazarus" turns the tables on “the peanut-crunching crowd”, exploiting them as they seek to exploit her: “There is a charge/For the eyeing of my scars, there is a charge/For the hearing of my heart.”

The woman formerly consumed by the male gaze becomes the consumer as she warns: “Out of the ash/I rise with my red hair/And I eat men like air.” Swift similarly warms to her new role as a femme fatale as she half-threatens, half-promises: “I’ll be the actress starring in your bad dreams.”

More @ http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/taylor-swift-look-what-you-made-me-do-sylvia-plath-poet-songwriter-lyrics-singer-a7957011.html

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy

I am a big literature enthusiastic and I would say,

Enough is enough :saladga:

Anveeroy
Just now, retroglamx said:

who dares compare Taylor to the legendary Sylvia Plath, come on world...

it's so pathetic! 

GypsyBabe

This made my inner writer nauseous. The genius that is Sylvia Plath should not even be in the same sentence as Taylor Swift. 

⚯͛

Earthling

I thought this was some freelance writer's attempt but it's actually a university professor's article :saladga:

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Archived