Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Random Gaga Conversation Thread

Elysium

Featured Posts

She could pass for a rock star, but I think you are generalizing rock and metal fans.

I said "some" rock fans. I am a rock fan and I don't say such things.

And lol at people saying rock is dead. Not because pop acts sell more albums, it means rock isn't popular. I may remind you that U2 recently finished the highest grossing tour ever made? In Europe, most pop acts can't sell out stadiums, most rock acts, whether they're worldwide known or not, can.

For example, while Madonna didn't sell out Madrid's stadium she performed in, Muse, a rock band that isn't known by everybody, sold it out without any problem.

Edited by Elysium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leaf

• Shadow

• Bob

• Nemo

Wouldn't mind Rock elements... DITD, Electric Chapel, TEOG have certain rock based characteristics... but collectively rock ins't her thing... :coffee:

Edited by BloodyMonster

Galactic Mess

Gather around, children. You see, rock is immortal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2bUwcWEGwY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:coffee:

If no one makes successful rock music nowadays, it's dead.

:nails:

Yes.

I can see Gaga transitioning into rock music and having elements of rock/heavy metal whilst still in the pop genre.

If she created music like PJ Harvey I would die from the happiness. :cry:

I couldn't see Gaga going rock as such, but I can see her mixing piano rock (like Elton John) with dance performances during her tours. Being piano set more important that the dancing part :coffee:

If no one makes successful rock music nowadays, it's dead.

:nails:

I think you forget the part that nowadays, touring success is way more important that selling records :coffee:

Galactic Mess

And lol at people saying rock is dead. Not because pop acts sell more albums, it means rock isn't popular. I may remind you that U2 recently finished the highest grossing tour ever made? In Europe, most pop acts can't sell out stadiums, most rock acts, whether they're worldwide known or not, can.

For example, while Madonna didn't sell out Madrid's stadium she performed in, Muse, a rock band that isn't known by everybody, sold it out without any problem.

Yes, but U2 survives from it's past success (which I recognise that was HUGE), while there aren't any currently successful rock singles nowadays.

Shadow

Rock is a lifestyle, not a fad like pop music tends to be. We'll be rocking out when pop fans will be seeking the next, new thing or "what's fresh." Good music shouldn't need reinvention if it is done right.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Dying at anyone who thinks rock/heavy metal music is dead. Rock/heavy metal is Gaga's thang.

tumblr_lvdzxgjwml1qc2qdgo1_500.jpg

'Radio Ga Ga'.

Edited by Leaf

Interludicrous

Rock is dead. Pop is in. Deal wit it gurl. :nacho:

I say no to metal. But RockGa >>> PopGa.

And if I remember correctly, electronic pop/dance music was also dead 3-4 years ago. Now that it's back, Gaga should move on to the next genre. And Gaga has the power to bring back rock. Real, modern rock. And she should. And you will deal.

Rock is in her blood.

Edited by Interludicrous

I couldn't see Gaga going rock as such, but I can see her mixing piano rock (like Elton John) with dance performances during her tours. Being piano set more important that the dancing part :coffee:

:yes:

She's pretty accepted :shrug:

Rock/heavy metal music is not.

I think it would only make her less accepted by the general public, if they'd know about her at all.

Edited by Bob

Shadow

Thank you for clarifying that and great point about rock acts.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Galactic Mess

I think you forget the part that nowadays, touring success is way more important that selling records :coffee:

I know, but what makes cultural impact is the singles, and people are no longer influenced by rock songs, except for the old ones. Rock, as a genre, has little musical production nowadays, whilst there are thousands of dance and pop songs being sent to the market on a daily basis.

ToxicHot

I say no to metal. But RockGa >>> PopGa.

And if I remember correctly, electronic pop/dance music was also dead 3-4 years ago. Now that it's back, Gaga should move on to the next genre. And Gaga has the power to bring back rock. Real, modern rock. And she should. And you will deal.

I agree with ya, gurl. Preach, bb, preach. v7uAK.png
dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Rock is a lifestyle, not a fad like pop music tends to be. We'll be rocking out when pop fans will be seeking the next, new thing or "what's fresh." Good music shouldn't need reinvention if it is done right.

I don't agree completely. Rock, as everything in life, needs reinvention. And I think that some rock bands are trying to reinvent it, succeding.