Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Pitchfork Reviews 5F2

duckworth

Featured Posts

duckworth

Lady Gaga used to wear impossibly high heels. “I dress like this all the time,” she’d told a reporter, early in her career. “You’re never gonna catch me at the grocery store in flip-flops.” Even daytime talk shows merited high-concept outfits with outrageous footwear to match. 

Six years later, her new Netflix documentary is called Gaga: Five Foot Two, the film finds her several inches closer to earth. In an early scene, Gaga appears at home in a gray bodysuit, baggy sweatpants, and sneakers. Her bleached hair spills out of a loose bun, dark roots framing her face. As she pushes food around in a pan, Gaga reveals that she’s fighting with her fiancé, Taylor Kinney. (The couple eventually split.) “I’m in a different place in my life right now,” she tells the camera. “My threshold for, like, bullshit with men is… I just don’t have one anymore.”

Pitchfork even went on and praised it for not being melodramatic and being raw and authentic. The only negative they had about it is that " Is it more mature to talk **** in a documentary you produced?" regarding the Madonna thing in the docu. :toofunny:

These false notes aside, the film accomplishes what Joanne couldn’t: It peels away even the new, “authentic” persona to give us a glimpse of what remains when Stefani Germanotta steps out of her Lady Gaga drag. She appears to be a smart, funny, sincere, and hard-working woman, as well as the same kind of anxiety-ridden control freak some of us will recognize from our own bathroom mirrors. Many of her fans miss the old, weird Gaga, clad in 18-inch platforms. I do, too. But if Stefani is here to stay, she might consider letting the person we meet in Five Foot Two sing on her next album.

Read more

Honestly, this is one of the best reviews I've read so far about 5F2 and I'm really getting pumped for the film..  I agree mostly with what they said. Stefani was hidden for 6 years (maybe corporate choices to create an intriguing persona for Gaga). She's the authentic-Ga we'd been getting for the past couple of months or years now. I really want her to stay for the next album. 

Thoughts?

MaybeKermit

I think it has already been posted...

OT:  can't wait either omg, does anybody know if it's available in 8 hours, or in 32 hours? 

Eighteen

7 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

does anybody know if it's available in 8 hours, or in 32 hours? 

isn't it available in 17 hours?

Miracle
5 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

I think it has already been posted...

OT:  can't wait either omg, does anybody know if it's available in 8 hours, or in 32 hours? 

Neither :sweat:

It's coming in like 17 hrs.

MaybeKermit
2 hours ago, Eighteen said:

isn't it available in 17 hours?

2 hours ago, Miracle said:

Neither :sweat:

It's coming in like 17 hrs.

Ohhhh, ok...

I'm in Europe, it"s 5:25 PM now... I thought it was coming today or tomorrow at midnight...

So that means it's available on Friday 10:00am in Europr?

Eighteen
1 hour ago, Funkymonkey said:

Ohhhh, ok...

I'm in Europe, it"s 5:25 PM now... I thought it was coming today or tomorrow at midnight...

i don't know. i think it is released simultaneously world wide at 12am eastern united states time. i'm not sure what that would be for you 

Miracle
1 hour ago, Funkymonkey said:

Ohhhh, ok...

8 am in Spain, I think

Archived