Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

5'2 review and interview with Gaga (La Times)

Katie14

Featured Posts

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-lady-gaga-documentary-five-foot-two-20170920-story.html

“You have to cry. It’s not good to keep things inside. It makes you sick,” she says. She is sitting in a hotel conference room, empty save for two awkwardly placed chairs, hours before the documentary premieres at the Toronto International Film Festival. Her bottom lid is lined with thick black and gold glitter, and she is wearing platforms that are at least seven inches high and look like an extreme version of a heel an exotic dancer might wear.

She has spent the past two nights performing concerts at a local arena, but will announce just over a week later that she must reschedule the six-week European leg of her Joanne world tour because she is “suffering from severe physical pain that has impacted her ability to perform.”

As fans, so often we’re cynical about these types of announcements — surely she isn’t that sick. Maybe ticket sales were bad. Maybe she’s just over it.

But Gaga is hopeful the film will show just how real her pain is — and the level of obligation she feels to her fans. Why, for instance, doesn’t she just sit at a piano and sing instead of forcing herself to perform elaborate dance routines?

Gaga performs at Coachella earlier this year. (Patrick T. Fallon / For The Times)

“Because I can’t let it take me down,” she says, referring to her condition. “It’s me honoring who I am, honoring my message to my fans since the beginning. If you feel at a deficit, if you feel like an outsider or alienated in some kind of way — and pain and anxiety, for me, is extremely alienating — you can’t give up. If I were to give up, it would be against everything that I stand for.”

InTraumatica
13 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

You have to cry. It’s not good to keep things inside. It makes you sick,”

Yes Mama, I am going to cry like a ****ing Niagara while watching 5f2 

tenor.gif

PunkTheFunk
19 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

“You have to cry. It’s not good to keep things inside. It makes you sick,” she says.

My constipation was found convulsing in a ditch

tenor.gif

Her life seems so sad...I hope the documentary also focuses on some joyful aspects, though it is cool to hear Gaga be so raw and articulate about the downsides of fame without sounding ungrateful because I think a lot of famous people complain about it and it sounds delusional. This just sounds really really sad.

asana15

"...She has spent the past two nights performing concerts at a local arena, but will announce just over a week later that she must reschedule the six-week European leg of her Joanne world tour because she is “suffering from severe physical pain that has impacted her ability to perform.”

She already new it in Toronto, that she can't go on. And yet she performed through the pain for two back-to-back nights in Philadelphia.

She's incredibly strong, but pushing herself like this ultimately does more harm than good.

I've attended both nights in Toronto, and can vouch that the second show was more "careful" so to speak. There was no "red section" which probably more taxing on her body, but she also didn't leave the arena until well past midnight. She signed my CD when leaving, but now I understand that pain in her eyes. I thought, she was tired, but it was literal pain.

I really, really hope she'll get better to be able to finish what she started in every meaning it can be applied to.

Thank you, @Katie14

for posting this interview.

Archived