Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Does Gaga need a 10 year break?

Oscar

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers
26 minutes ago, Oscar said:

She might never be mysterious again and how could she possibly be spontaneous when it seems like she's worn every outfit imaginable and released a lot of really sexual music that it doesn't have shock value anymore.

She doesn't need to be shocking or spontaneous to have a career. How do Katy, Taylor, Arianna, Selena and every other pop star stay relevant then? All she needs are GP friendly songs with some actual promo. A 10 year break would kill what's left of her already dying career

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Unfortunately, no. Her career at this point is in its very critical stage. She needs to prove now more than ever that she can sustain her career and prove longevity. Why? She is crossing her first decade of career.

Years ago, Rihanna is considered nothing more than a singles artist. Once she crossed her 11th year and put out an album much better than her previous efforts, the industry and the media retroactively started considering her to be very influential, a trailblazer and a force of her generation. What used to be insulting as "quick little singles" later became "230m records sold" second only to Madonna. And Rihanna isn't losing steam just yet--she successfully crossed over to streaming.

Gaga has massive touring power still but she needs to prove it just a little bit more to cross over that decade benchmark. As I see it, once Gaga crosses it, things just might be easier for her. 

I don't know about the Rihanna thing. I just think she's extremely marketable. 

But I agree about the decade thing. It would be shame if gaga didn't make it to2018

1 minute ago, ChrisC said:

She doesn't need to be shocking or spontaneous to have a career. How do Katy, Taylor, Arianna, Selena and every other pop star stay relevant then? All she needs are GP friendly songs with some actual promo. A 10 year break would kill what's left of her already dying career

Its not really about her relevancy but the aura gaga had back then cannot be compared to today's biggest artists 

DeanWinchester
Just now, Oscar said:

Its not really about her relevancy but the aura gaga had back then cannot be compared to today's biggest artists 

Nothing Gaga can do will shock people anymore and that's why she's smart that she stripped down and turned country-ish now because people still expect her to stay pure pop (thus adding an element of surprise somewhat). More importantly, she gave focus on her vocal talent--the thing that would carry her career from here on when bizarre outfits fail to shock. The next big star would not necessarily be an enigma, and Adele during 21 proved that.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Lady Gaga will be legendary, meanwhile the "competition" in her life right now will fade to dust. They are pop singers, and Gaga is an artist.

Lady Gaga will earn the title of a legend when she doesn't have a number one spot anymore. When she doesn't get as many people coming to her shows or making as many television appearances. She is an artist, and she needs to work for art solely. ARTPOP was the closest she's ever come to that, but her fame held too many strings.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

ryanripley
29 minutes ago, Star Burst said:

She just went country  :lolga: There's nothing left to kill,sis

and yet joanne was a huge success

bonnietellayasxw.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

TheRoof
10 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

She doesn't need to be shocking or spontaneous to have a career. How do Katy, Taylor, Arianna, Selena and every other pop star stay relevant then? All she needs are GP friendly songs with some actual promo. A 10 year break would kill what's left of her already unnexpected career

fixed 

A real shock factor was Joanne...Gaga doesn't need a long break to shock us.

There are many genres for Gaga to explore. Like Opera...:trollga:

Plus Gaga doesn't have to sing songs about sex in order for us to feel "wowed". I love it when she veers of of that path in songwriting tbh.

I don't think she'd want to take a 10-year break. She's got a lot of tricks and surprises up her sleeve and she loves performing. I think she'll take the break she feels she needs and "come back" when it feels right. :interestinga:

2/21/11 & 2/22/11 MSG

Xoxo Adriana

10 years is way too long...even Lily Allen didn't take that long before releasing another album, she said she was quitting music after her 2nd album and released her third after 5 years. I support Gaga for taking a break, she really needs it. I think personally she should take 2018 off to recreate her image and work on music, no performances. Everyone is probably gonna excuse me no the sh*t out of me, but she really does need a break girls, lets face it :ladyhaha: 

Joanne was a masterpiece, but I think even she doesn't know what direction she is going musically and fashion wise. Her first three album eras seemed to fit together, she wasn't being casual one day then "Gaga" another day, something about Joanne visually felt messy, but not the music. Same with her performances, the JWT is amazing but it feels like part of the "old gaga" is merging with the "new gaga" and it doesn't seem to fit.

Everyone is screaming for LG6 to be released this year but I really think the girl ain't ready. She needs a good year to really find inspiration. 

Xoxo Adriana

...also not to mention she hasn't even been making music for 10 years, most artists wouldn't take a break that long unless they've been around for much longer than that. Her fanbase would also decrease taking that much time off, and she'll be 41 in 10 years :selena: 

Delulu Rogers
4 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Everyone is screaming for LG6 to be released this year

I haven't seen anyone say they want it this year. It's safe to say at this point that the first half of 2018 will be the rescheduled Joanne tour, meaning that her break will probably be from Mid-2018 to early 2020. We shouldn't be expecting it before 2020 tbh. Not to mention that by 2020 she'll need to start having children if she wants them cause her clock will be ticking

Archived