Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Paranormal Activity Franchise

Doot

Featured Posts

paranormal-activity-1.jpg

Paranormal Activity is an American supernatural horror film series consisting of five films and a spin-off film. Created by Oren Peli, the original film was widely released in 2007.

The films are based around a family haunted by a demon that stalks, terrifies and ultimately murders several members of the family and other bystanders during the course of the films. The series makes use of production cameras set up and used like security cameras or other recording devices in an attempt to present the films as found footage. The series has received mixed reviews, with the first and third films receiving generally positive critical reception, while the second film as well as the spin-off, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, received more lukewarm receptions and the fourth and fifth received mostly negative reception. The series is a strong financial success, making strong profits based on return on investment. The series as a whole has earned over thirty times the overall budget.

THE FILMS

Paranormal Activity

Paranormal_Activity_poster.jpg

Paranormal Activity is a 2007 American horror film written, co-produced, photographed, edited, and directed by Oren Peli. It is the first (chronologically, the third) entry into the Paranormal Activity film series. The film centers on a young couple, Katie (Katie Featherston) and Micah (Micah Sloat) are haunted by a supernatural presence in their home. It is presented in the style of "found footage", from cameras set up by the couple in an attempt to document what is haunting them. The film sets up found footage conventions that will be mirror in numerous films to follow.

Originally developed as an independent feature and given film festival screenings in 2007, the film was acquired by Paramount Pictures and modified, particularly with a new ending. It was given a limited U.S. release on September 25, 2009, and then a nationwide release on October 16, 2009. The film earned nearly $108 million at the U.S. box office and a further $85 million internationally for a worldwide total of $193 million. Paramount/DreamWorks acquired the U.S. rights for $350,000. It is the most profitable film ever made, based on return on investment, although such figures are difficult to verify independently as this is likely to exclude marketing costs.

A parallel sequel, Paranormal Activity 2, was released on October 22, 2010. The success of the first two films would spawn additional films in the series: the prequel Paranormal Activity 3, released on October 21, 2011, and sequel to the second installment, Paranormal Activity 4, released on October 19, 2012, a spin-off titled Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones released on January 3, 2014 and the fifth and final installment Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension released on October 23, 2015.

Paranormal Activity 2

Paranormal_Activity_2_Poster.jpg

Paranormal Activity 2 is a 2010 American found footage supernatural horror film directed by Tod Williams and written by Christopher B. Landon, Michael R. Perry and Tom Pabst. The film is a prequel/sequel to the 2007 film Paranormal Activity, beginning two months before and following up with the events depicted in the original film. It was released in theaters at midnight on October 22, 2010 in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Poland and Ireland.

Paranormal Activity 3

ParanormalActivity3Poster.jpg

Paranormal Activity 3 is a 2011 American found footage supernatural horror film, directed by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman. It is the third (chronologically, the first) installment of the Paranormal Activity series and serves as a prequel, mostly set 18 years prior to the events of the first two films. It was released in theaters on October 21, 2011.[4] Paranormal Activity 3 was also Joost and Schulman's first horror film.

The film broke financial records upon release, setting a new record for a midnight opening for a horror film ($8 million) and the best opening day for a horror film in the United States ($26.2 million).

Paranormal Activity 4

Paranormal_Activity_4_Poster.jpg

Paranormal Activity 4 is a 2012 American found footage supernatural horror film, directed by Ariel Schulman and Henry Joost and written by Christopher B. Landon from a story by Chad Feehan. The film features Katie Featherston, who starred in the first film, and had cameos in the other two. The film was released in theaters and IMAX on October 17, 2012 in the United Kingdom and was released on October 18, 2012 in the United States, by Paramount Pictures. It is the fourth installment in the Paranormal Activity series, and a sequel to Paranormal Activity 2, set several years later.

The Marked Ones

Paranormal_Activity_-_The_Marked_Ones_20

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones is a 2014 American found footage supernatural horror film written and directed by Christopher B. Landon. Released on January 3, 2014 in the United States, it is the spin-off film of the Paranormal Activityfilm series. It is also Landon's second directorial film, after Burning Palms.

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension

Paranormal_Activity_The_Ghost_Dimension_

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension is a 2015 American 3D found footage supernatural horror film directed by Gregory Plotkin in his directorial debut, and written by Jason Pagan, Andrew Stark, Adam Robitel and Gavin Heffernan. Plotkin served as the editor for the second, third, fourth films and a spin-off film Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014).[5] It is a sequel to Paranormal Activity 4 (2012) and the fifth and final installment in the Paranormal Activity series. The film was released on October 23, 2015. The film had grossed over $78 million worldwide on a $10 million budget.

DISCUSS

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, dinotub3 said:

thank you im a big fan of this franchise

Same! Only ones that let me down were 4 and especially Ghost Dimension. The rest were amazing. 

Love this series; just haven't seen Ghost Dimension yet.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

8 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

Love this series; just haven't seen Ghost Dimension yet.

You arent missing much, except numerous retcons and plot holes. 

GAGASLAYME

I despise ghost dimension it gives off that ''cheap movie from Netflix '' vibe.

1-4 and marked ones were legit.I can't beleive it was 2007 that PA  came out I was 8, wtff:sweat:

add me@SC:pandas-rule37 IG@dallus_joshua.art

9 minutes ago, GAGASLAYME said:

I despise ghost dimension it gives off that ''cheap movie from Netflix '' vibe.

1-4 and marked ones were legit.I can't beleive it was 2007 that PA  came out I was 8, wtff:sweat:

I wasn't a huge fan of 4, but 1-3 and Marked Ones gave me life. 

ryanripley

omg my guilty pleasure! :tony: 

this franchise has potential in the VR video game industry but it would probably flop by its name alone :selena: 

it was sad to see this series crumble, the story was a mess and ghost dimension was a waste of time :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

9 hours ago, ryanripley said:

omg my guilty pleasure! :tony: 

this franchise has potential in the VR video game industry but it would probably flop by its name alone :selena: 

it was sad to see this series crumble, the story was a mess and ghost dimension was a waste of time :selena: 

Ghost Dimension. :saladga:

The movie was one giant plot hole.

Like how Kristi was able to describe Toby, yet in this one....he was mist. 

Archived